Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/24/2013 3:30pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Yet another AR15 Bumpfire product

Yet this one seems note worthy as it is a bump fire trigger.
    http://tacfirecon.com/

So where do you all stand on the concept of products that let you bump fire your ar15?

I think they can be fun but typically are over priced.

This one seems cool and it could be dropped into an AR pistol that can't use a bump fire style stock.

Posted On:
    11/24/2013 6:48pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Yet this one seems note worthy as it is a bump fire trigger.
    http://tacfirecon.com/

So where do you all stand on the concept of products that let you bump fire your ar15?

I think they can be fun but typically are over priced.

This one seems cool and it could be dropped into an AR pistol that can't use a bump fire style stock.
    I have some problems with AR15 slide/bumpfire products. First, they generally detract from the ergonomics of the rifle or require you to change it in a way that makes it less versatile. Frankly, they cheapen a tool to the point that it becomes a toy that is only good for mag dumps. They are also extremely expensive ($300+ for plastic that is not all that well designed or comfortable to shoot? No thanks.). The tacfirecon fire control group appears to deal with the first problem, but I don't know about the second. I've heard estimates ranging from $500 to $1500 for MSRP and secondary market.

If this were a $200-ish product, I would seriously consider getting one.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Posted On:
    11/24/2013 7:01pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I personally believe that the BATFE allows most bumpfire stocks to remain legal because they either do not work very well, or are pretty impractical. Same for the crankfire attachments you can buy for Ruger 10-22s to go along with your 100 round drums. I think this fire control group is going to get heavy scrutiny from BATFE, since it does not appear to hamstring the function of the weapon in any typical way.

Then again, I think banning fully automatic firearms from civilian possession is stupid anyway. The type of person willing to do the retarded paperwork required for the mere opportunity to purchase NFA type weapons is not exactly the type of person who is apt to go on a shooting rampage. In fact, I can only recall one such incident in my entire lifetime, and that was a police officer in Ohio who used a fully automatic submachine gun to murder an informant in 1990. And since the 1986 ban on full-auto firearms doesn't apply to law enforcement agencies, I'm pretty sure you'd need to go back to the first half of the 20th century to find proof of legally obtained automatic weapons being used in crimes by civilians.

Posted On:
    11/24/2013 9:40pm

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
    If this were a $200-ish product, I would seriously consider getting one.
    I have been seeing 400-500 msrp. I think the price point is a little on the high side but if the trigger itself is any good it maybe worth it.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/24/2013 10:50pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't see paying the money.

Honestly, I love to rock'n'roll as much as anyone, but that type money can be better spent on ammunition and magazines, optical or refinement.

Posted On:
    11/25/2013 12:11am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    I can't see paying the money.

Honestly, I love to rock'n'roll as much as anyone, but that type money can be better spent on ammunition and magazines, optical or refinement.
    Keep in mind though you are also getting supposedly a match grade trigger. A high end Match grade trigger can set you back a good $300 bucks.
    As a big IF but if this trigger is truly Match Grade with a 4 1/2 Pound Pull Rate when in semi auto selected position that is comparable to the $300 or so match grade triggers than the bump fire feature itself is only a few more hundred. I don't think that is totally unjustifiable.
    Once again though that comes down to it really being equivilant to the higher end match grade triggers.
    But given that they are using a CNC and EDM work to make it, it wouldn't be outside of the realm of possibilities.
    I think the answer is if you're going to lay out some green for a high end build what is an extra $200-$300 anyways?

Posted On:
    11/25/2013 12:35am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your point about the extra money not mattering is valid, but for it to really gain traction, the 4.5 lb "match grade" pull is going to need to compare favorably to all the amazing $250 or lower options out there. Geissele, hiperfire, timney, Wilson combat, rock river arms 2 stage, etc. If it's a 60 dollar ALG defense ACT + 300+ dollars of gimmick, consumers are going to balk. Well, some consumers. Let's face it, they're probably going to sell the **** out of this fcg, at least for awhile.

Posted On:
    11/25/2013 1:31am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
    Your point about the extra money not mattering is valid, but for it to really gain traction, the 4.5 lb "match grade" pull is going to need to compare favorably to all the amazing $250 or lower options out there. Geissele, hiperfire, timney, Wilson combat, rock river arms 2 stage, etc. If it's a 60 dollar ALG defense ACT + 300+ dollars of gimmick, consumers are going to balk. Well, some consumers. Let's face it, they're probably going to sell the **** out of this fcg, at least for awhile.
    I think you are 100% right. It is a pretty big if and will really come down to the quality of the trigger itself as a trigger minus the gimmick if its really worth the price or not.

I do think this approach is significantly better than the POS bump fire stocks we have seen in the past.

I am hoping it is a quality product because a legal select fire high quality trigger would be a welcome addition to the market place. Especially if they do keep it under $500.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/25/2013 2:09am

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hahaha I didn't get a chance to look at the video until now. I was about to post this about two weeks ago.

Posted On:
    11/25/2013 7:14am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah it's for srs operators only.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast