Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/21/2013 3:51pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Shidoshi Geoffery Spoh on "real fighting"

Wow, Grandmaster Bob Yoder really got the ball rolling. Seeing if the 57 ranks Grandmaster posted something to his website, I started searching the internet. Once again, I stumbled across another gem of a Martial Artists. Yes, I know, there are thousands of these cross ranking video trained "Grandmasters" all over the web." I actually leave them alone unless they mention Bullshido by name. Even then, it takes a special type of stupid to make me start a thread on them.

The last guy had a ridiculous video:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=122097

Let me introduce you to Shidoshi Geoffery Spohn and his "Words of Wisdom."

http://truwazama.weebly.com/shidoshi...rey-spohn.html
    TW: How do you feel about martial artist who bash each other?

SS: Seriously I think it is crap. The online bash sites like Bullshido, and Sherdog are no better than the bullies in our schools. I have been the focus of several of these internet posts, where the writers of these threads not only mock my skills and abilities, but my looks, and intelligence as well. I read one post a few years ago, and was so hurt by what was said, that I actually considered closing my school.
    Notice, the question was not about any website at all. This is silly, but even with the mention of bullshido I was going to leave well enough alone. Until I read his "Words of Wisdom" article.
    http://truwazama.weebly.com/words-of...rey-spohn.html
    I know it is the typical we are taught to neutralize.
    We are trying to get you home safe.
    I have the the keys to bunkai and katas blah blah blah blah blah.

It is who he quoted that gives him his special place on Bullshido.
    I leave you with this quote and dialogue, which I heard from Master Splinter in the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle cartoon series. Leonardo states that the fight they were engaged in was not a Fair Fight, and after asking a couple questions Master Splinter uses his cane to knock Leo down and he asks�..

Splinter: Was That Fair?

Leonardo: Well No!

Splinter: Did I win?

Leonardo: I see your point.

Splinter: "Seek victory, not fairness."

Until next time, keep your techniques sharp and your thoughts deep.

Osu,

Shidoshi Geoffrey R. Spohn
    Master Splinter. Seriously, he couldn't quote Kano, Funakoshi, Mas Oyama or even an aiki-bunny or a monk. No, he quotes Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles while holding his sword improperly.

More stupid? Sure.

SS: I have always trained in traditional martial art forms. That is not to say that MMA does not have its place. I just view it in the same manner as I do boxing. These individuals are great athletes in their own rights; however what they do can’t be construed as true self-defense.

MMA is great until someone pulls out a knife or a gun or has a couple friends with them. I would never try to take a guy to the ground that has a blade or some buddies with him. Chokes, locks, and submissions are wonderful until you get attacked from behind, or hit in the back of the head with a bottle that the assailants buddy had on him.

The main difference between traditional martial arts and MMA are the rules and regulations that govern the sport. I think that once you begin applying rules and regulations to any self-defense style, it often begins to limit its practicality for real world self-defense. MMA can be a little scary at times, because some who practice it think that it is applicable in the streets, but trust me when I say if you lose your real world application, you can very well lose your life.
    Yet, all of this applies to ANY ART. Yes, even super secret styles, traditional arts and the scary KRAV MAGA. No, I will not bother to get the articles showing that MMA works in the street.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 11/21/2013 3:54pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/21/2013 4:47pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It looks like he never trained in his gi. It's so... white and clean.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    11/21/2013 4:51pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Getting hit in the back of the head with a bottle is no problem if you know the right kata. I did not know that.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/21/2013 5:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Taiji/Hsingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TW: How do you feel about martial artist who bash each other?

SS: Seriously I think it is crap. The online bash sites like Bullshido, and Sherdog are no better than the bullies in our schools. I have been the focus of several of these internet posts, where the writers of these threads not only mock my skills and abilities, but my looks, and intelligence as well. I read one post a few years ago, and was so hurt by what was said, that I actually considered closing my school.
    Poor sensitive flower. Internet meanies!! And he advises kids on how to deal with bullying?

I think what might have happened is he got a crisis of conscience and nearly closed his school out of guilt. Shame he didn't, he missed an opportunity for growth.

That site is a world of BS, full of Professors and Sokes with huge bellies and equally inflated senses of their selves..jeeebus. I spent quite a while on there mind boggled.

Also whats with this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1789626_orig.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	15604

Edit: Alot of 'religous' stuff on there as well.

The name Tatsu Te Ryu when translated into English means Dragon Hand Style. It is a hybrid system combining Traditional Karate, Tae Kwon Do, Aikido, and Jujitsu. The curriculum covers various techniques from the martial arts, along with biblical passages and other Christian aspects. Its primary aim is to teach effective self-defense, while helping the student to cultivate a stronger relationship with Christ.
    Cultic crap.
    Last edited by Resonance10; 11/21/2013 5:15pm at .

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/21/2013 5:10pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    Getting hit in the back of the head with a bottle is no problem if you know the right kata. I did not know that.
    See, now your learning. Only with Kata can you learn to deal with multiples on your own.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/21/2013 5:12pm

Style: Judo noob, injured guy.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That looks like a very insecure grip on that staff. But it was nice of him to buy the entire belt set to hang on his wall.

Posted On:
    11/21/2013 5:35pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is that a United Cutlery Highlander Katana?

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    11/21/2013 5:39pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He's gonna need at least 15 more black belts before he masters holding a staff properly. I'd give it a year.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/21/2013 5:45pm

Style: 2 Fisted Drinking Dynamo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Resonance10 View Post
    Poor sensitive flower. Internet meanies!! And he advises kids on how to deal with bullying?

I think what might have happened is he got a crisis of conscience and nearly closed his school out of guilt. Shame he didn't, he missed an opportunity for growth.

That site is a world of BS, full of Professors and Sokes with huge bellies and equally inflated senses of their selves..jeeebus. I spent quite a while on there mind boggled.

Also whats with this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1789626_orig.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	15604

Edit: Alot of 'religous' stuff on there as well.

Cultic crap.

Typical neo-fascist, christian death cult worshipers that try to convince young, naive suburban minds that, " I am a HOLY WARRIOR for CHRIST!" Yet unsurprisingly never had the balls to serve his country when younger. They fantasize combat & secretly wish their vanilla culture has something as interesting as warrior monks or cool like Vikings.

Ever notice that most people in these schools are a "little off"?

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/21/2013 5:56pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MAGIC HATE BALL View Post
    Typical neo-fascist, christian death cult worshipers that try to convince young, naive suburban minds that, " I am a HOLY WARRIOR for CHRIST!" Yet unsurprisingly never had the balls to serve his country when younger. They fantasize combat & secretly wish their vanilla culture has something as interesting as warrior monks or cool like Vikings.

Ever notice that most people in these schools are a "little off"?
    CAREFUL!! You might hurt his feelings.
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast