Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

:)

Posted On:
    12/04/2013 4:54am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great footwork, and your workrate is a thing of beauty. I had you winning every round.

I was loving the angles you found to lead into your combos. Very impressive mixing up low-high/high-low/LHL/HLH etc. You kept your punches tight, and **** your cardio is nice.

You put the pressure on so very well. Looked to me that by the mid 2nd, he was tiring and feeling out of whack.

It's a little grainy but did you almost put him away in the 5th?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/04/2013 6:36am

Style: Cage Fu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Good lord, I'm glad you didn't fight Dan Horgan and I don't care if it was 2 years ago. Good job.
    Thanks man! But why are you glad I didn't fight him? I think it would've been great to punch him in the liver a few dozen times...

Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    Great fight to watch! What was the difference in strategy due to the smaller gloves?
    Did his elbows hurt your knuckles going for the body?
    Did you actually feel the knuckles connect with the face or did the padding on the fingers prevent that?
    With the smaller gloves, I think that it's pivotal to put forth a lot of pressure and to be the aggressor. It's much harder to weather the storm, hiding behind your shield, looking for counters. That's something I felt that my opponent tried to do, but with the little gloves, it's relatively easy to sneak in strikes around his shell. Plus, body shots are more important than ever! (At one point in the 4th, he hit me with one and I almost took a knee, and it DEFINITELY would've been trouble if he landed another.)

Plus, I think being more active in your parrying, plus head movement is essential with these gloves. If I ever do this again, I need to make damn sure to protect myself after combinations. I moved my head on the offense, but would stare at the guy afterward.

As for my knuckles... the glove protected them pretty well. I didn't really feel them get through all that much in the "bare knuckle" sense... But they got through in way that, say, your douchebag sparring partner with the 4 year old bag gloves' knuckles get through.

Posted On:
    12/04/2013 6:49am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It did seem that he was not comfortable behind his guard, I think the fact you put more emphasis on numbers and penetration rather than strength kept him from taking the initiative.
    I just figured from the fights i saw on your link that body shots blocked with the elbows could be devastating for the knuckles, and hand.
    But this little cleavage for the knuckles they left open seems redundant. Basically the two minutes round and smaller arena makes it action packed, not so much this little opening on the bag.
    Is there more money in it for you than regular pro boxing? or even MMA?

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/04/2013 9:04am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    Thanks man! But why are you glad I didn't fight him? I think it would've been great to punch him in the liver a few dozen times...
    I do not condone murder of the mentally challenged no matter how deserved. Have Bobby show you the new videos of Dan two years later. His arrogance and lies are at an all time high and his skills....not so much.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/04/2013 9:33am

supporting member
     Style: TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the glove pic now I can tell the people on facebook it really is bare knuckle boxing but we'll still complain that this is on Directv and not Invicta.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/04/2013 1:05pm

Style: Cage Fu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    Great footwork, and your workrate is a thing of beauty. I had you winning every round.

I was loving the angles you found to lead into your combos. Very impressive mixing up low-high/high-low/LHL/HLH etc. You kept your punches tight, and **** your cardio is nice.

You put the pressure on so very well. Looked to me that by the mid 2nd, he was tiring and feeling out of whack.

It's a little grainy but did you almost put him away in the 5th?
    I don't think I ever came close to putting him away unfortunately. There were a couple of times where he got wobbled and I could feel he was hurt, but he recovered quickly. At best, if I had been able to follow up at that point, I might've been able to make him take a 10 count but I don't think I'd have put him away.

I'm glad I looked like I had the gas to go on and on, but I was actually pretty tired. It doesn't look it, but 2 minute rounds of going balls-out gets pretty exhausting pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I do not condone murder of the mentally challenged no matter how deserved. Have Bobby show you the new videos of Dan two years later. His arrogance and lies are at an all time high and his skills....not so much.
    Oh god... do I even want to see new videos of D.Horgan?

:)

Posted On:
    12/04/2013 2:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm glad I looked like I had the gas to go on and on, but I was actually pretty tired. It doesn't look it, but 2 minute rounds of going balls-out gets pretty exhausting pretty quickly.
    I bet it does. You both looked good, although I gave you each round (IMO, someone might have thought the 1st was close, but for certain from the 2nd on, you were obviously outstriking him).

He did very well, but it felt like when he put his guard up, to absorb and counter, your strikes got through more than he'd anticipated.

I really like this format. No working the ropes, and stalling. Just going at it. The rules keeping the action more constant worked in your favor, I think. You may have been exhausted, but as the fight went on, he looked heavy on his feet and a bit sluggish. You looked very crisp.
    Oh god... do I even want to see new videos of D.Horgan?
    Probably not. I'm not wasting seconds of my life watching them, I can tell you. There's so much great martial content on the web.

I just love how tight your combos were. Little Lefty indeed.

Posted On:
    12/04/2013 3:08pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You consistently established position, allowing you to both dictate the pace of the bout and, quite often, tee off at will.

That's ring generalship, regardless of fighting style: get and maintain position--first and foremost--and then the fight is yours.

Good on you.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/04/2013 4:20pm

Style: Thai Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hell yeah. I especially liked how you turned into Super Saiyans in the 4th. Did you notice anything weird come from the absence of ropes?

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    12/04/2013 5:36pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So there's been a few articles over the years about how boxing's guards have changed due to the gloves, contending that a fencing stance with the hands low and extended is superior to the modern square hands up and close stance of boxing. It always sorta seemed to me like this idea held traction with lots of TMA guys because they were practitioners of styles that used long, sideways stances and lower hand positions than modern boxing- it was outside confirmation that what they were doing was the real way, and modern boxers were just doing some sort of sport.

Now that we actually have this venue where boxers can box bareknuckle, does anyone see the old timey stance making a comeback, or will it be dominated by modern boxing technique/theory? My guess is the latter.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast