Style
    Dabbler
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Moving to San Antonio

I am new to the site and have trained in a few different styles over the years. I am military so as I have moved around, I have had the great opportunity to dabble with some interesting styles. I am about to move to San Antonio and am looking for a good dojo that can help augment my military mission. I am not interested in submission fighting, as it focuses on submitting a single opponent. I am interested in looking at something that has an effective stand up game, acknowledges the importance of ground work, trains for multiple opponents, deals with how to use improvised weapons and focuses on tactical efficiency. I was kicking around the idea of Krav Maga, but I am not sure if it effective or a gimmick. Has anyone here taken part in Krav Maga? Is it the real deal or just Bullshido?

Style
    Youtube-do
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Which Base?

EDIT: I am Sorry Sir wear are my manners.

WELCOME TO SAN ANTONIO.

Hello, Sir. My name is Beak and I will be your Bully for the evening.

Which Base? If your on Ft.Sam I know a Judo club that could fulfill most of your needs.

looking at something that has an effective stand up game, acknowledges the importance of ground work, trains for multiple opponents, deals with how to use improvised weapons and focuses on tactical efficiency
    Hmm... lesee hear.

STAND UP. Check.
    GROUND WORK. Check.
    MULTIPULE OPPONENTS. Eh not so much.
    MacGuyver/Jackie Chan. No.
    TACTICAL EFFICIENCY. Um... sure.

The only comment I have on Krav is that the little training I saw happening on Base looked pretty compliant. I have never trained with that group, so take from that what you will.

If you want to meet up beatup we will be having a Throwdown in Texas pretty soon If you can get off base for the day.
    If you can't I would be happy to Meet up/Beat up with you.
    Last edited by The_Beak; 4/03/2011 6:39pm at .

Style
    Judo, Jujitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to the Battle of the Alamo. There are several Bullshido posters here in SA, and a lot of good places to train. As Beak said, there's a good Judo club at Ft. Sam, which a lot of soldiers train at to augment their combatives training.

Depending on where you're located at what your potential price range might be, there's a pretty good Muay Thai/BJJ/MMA gym on the North side. And of course, we try to meet up and beat each other up with whatever frequency we can. We'd be honored to have you join us.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Everybody from San Antonio is psychotic.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Huh, not too many school reviews here for SA.

Posted via Bullshido Android app.

Style
    TKD, CMA & American Kenpo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido.
    Good luck with your search for effective training. San Antonio is a great little city.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    You can not intellectualize your way to being a competent fighter.