Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/16/2013 6:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlMatt View Post
    Hey, could you forward that e-mail to me at owlmatt@gmail.com, so that we have more than copypasta?
    No problem.

Registered Member

New Braunfels, Texas by way of Long Island

Posted On:
    11/16/2013 7:52pm

supporting member
     Style: DT Instructor

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is there any such thing as a second dan in BJJ? And LOL at him citing has "hand to hand combat training" at the Lackland SP Tech School while he was in the Air NG. I went there too. You get about a weeks worth of wrist locks and headlock escapes, and a few days of handcuffing. This dude is POS.

LOL.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/16/2013 8:17pm

Style: aikido

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Picture of Yoder:

Name:  IMG_20130224_174746.jpg
Views: 921
Size:  23.0 KB

Source: http://web.lcjj.org/

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/16/2013 9:33pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So you guys know, I've started a preliminary write-up on Yoder, which at this point is just going to be a list of his claims and a list of places in the public domain where those claims can be found. Even that much is going to take up a lot of space. Obviously, it's very much a work in progress, but anyone who wants to see it can PM me. I can send you a copy. In fact, if you're on Google, I might even be able to just give you direct access to the document, since it's on Drive.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/16/2013 9:36pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like the use of hyperbole and semantics. Let's be real getting your article published and having it posted are two different things.

Also
    I recently came across your website. Let me congratulate you on such a fine site. The military and martial arts have been a great part of my life.
    That sounds like he POSTED on a website that he ran across to me.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/16/2013 11:23pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, I did a google search on the first sentence. Guess what I found?
    http://asjja.com/bob-yoder.htm

Well I have wrote this in hopes that maybe someday it can be featured in an article on your website as your website just happens to be about the two major influences in my live. You can tell I'm no way near being able to call myself an author. If you would like I can send you all of my documentation. Also I have not received permission to use any of the names I have included. Thank you for your time.
    Bob Yoder
    LOL. Did I call it or what?

Now, here is something interesting.

https://www.facebook.com/UniversalMa...nters?filter=2

This org received an email from Mr. Yoder here was the response:
    Bob
    Thank you for your email. I am the founder of Universal Martial arts Centers. Our organization has 3 schools. Based on the overwhelming accomplishments listed in your initial email, I do not feel as though having you as a member of our organization would be beneficial to our organization. I have been training for 31 years and have achieved the rank of 6th Dan. Based on my training and experience, people who are 10th Dan in several styles are actually a fraud! Our organization prides itself on quality martial arts training rather than giving rank away. I wish you the best of luck and hope that you don't ruin people's lives with
    falsities and false confidence.

Sent from my iPhone

Rick Duffy
    Shihan
    Universal Martial Arts Centers

On Jul 30, 2013, at 3:02 PM, Bob Yoder <bob_yoder@live.com> wrote:
    I received the following email from a "Grandmaster" in Ohio. When I replied Respectfully, I asked him how I could help him ,he replied that he wanted to join my organization. My reply was simply that I do not feel that he would be a good fit for our organization as rank is EARNED here. I went on to wish him luck and told him that I hope he doesn't get anyone killed with their false sense of ability. It matters where and who you learn from!

It's quite a lengthy read but well worth it in understanding my reply, which is also posted at the bottom.
    Let's continue.

I despise frauds, but educational frauds irritate me more than martial frauds. A combination of both makes you a douche. Why do I say this? If you look at the face book link, pay attention to the date to see the entire post, he mentions West Coast University. Well, there is a legit college of this name that deals with the healthcare field.
    Awarded my Doctor of Philosophy in Martial Arts & Defense Tactics Education from West Coast University April 10, 2013.
    So, I put the name in quotes and.......ta da:
    http://www.westcoastuniversity.edu.pa/

I'm not digging through all of their accreditation, but one is false. The American one is not an accreditation service but:
    The United States Department of Education listed California University FCE as a resource of free education information in the Education Resource Organizations Directory with Unique ID 7499. Its listing, however, does not imply recognition or endorsement of CUFCE programs.

For free education information, please click "Free Online Classes" to select any course. You will earn Continuing Education Units (CEU certificates) or a degree of equivalent from the institutions that offer these courses.
    They are a COURSE EVALUATOR not an accreditation board.

Oops forgot to mention it is a degree from Panama. Nope, not knocking degrees from there, but I am knocking an online out of the country Martial Arts degree.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 11/16/2013 11:28pm at .

ORNYTHORINQUE!... BOIT-SANS-SOIF!... BACHI-BOUZOUK!

Posted On:
    11/17/2013 2:40am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    [I]t is a degree from Panama. Nope, not knocking degrees from there, but I am knocking an online out of the country Martial Arts degree.
    From a school not even accredited in its home country: http://www.panama-guide.com/article....20709094530352

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2013 2:57am

Style: Wing Chun/Rex Kwon Do

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looks like the wu tang kung fu mentioned aint nothing to **** with

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/17/2013 5:08am

supporting member
     Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's looking like a lot of his certifications are through a bunch of McDojos, just passing him a rank after seeing his "credentials" and paying the appropriate fee.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/18/2013 1:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm no expert in Asian languages, but the name Tai Shu Do sounds to me like an odd mix of multiple languages. Can someone back me up on this?
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast