Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/14/2014 8:45pm

Style: Wrestle, Kickbox, Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlMatt View Post
    It would be interesting to get a look from inside. My parents live near there, so I might be able to do it sometime, but I have no idea when that would be. I, for one, would love to hear what an actual class from this guy is like.
    We'll, if you're in the area let me know and we can go together...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2014 5:22pm

Style: Pekiti-Tirsia Kali

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Two weeks ago (12/29), Yoder contacted me through my website trying to become a member of my "organization." A quick look at visitor tracking showed that he spent all of 47 seconds on my website, before hitting the "contact" button and sending the request to me.

I have spent the last two weeks playing along, trying to draw out any legit instructor contacts or better yet video of him doing his stuff. Unfortunately, all I got was the same wall of texts that have already been copied onto this thread.

Nothing much more to add, though from our online conversation he will soon be offering a distance learning curriculum for interested members. Shiny.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/15/2014 5:59pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL. Same crap different instructor.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    1/15/2014 10:47pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlMatt View Post
    It would be interesting to get a look from inside. My parents live near there, so I might be able to do it sometime, but I have no idea when that would be. I, for one, would love to hear what an actual class from this guy is like.
    You might want to reconsider this plan. Ask a certain boxing skeleton why.

Sadly, now there is a precedent of Bullshidoka taking folks to court over their attempts to inspect classes, even if it is in the best interests of MA consumers or help expose a fraud.. Your visit to check out classes could backfire if the instructor knows you are there to out them as peddling bullshido. He could have you arrested for trespassing on the spot for just showing up.

The reason is simple: Bullshidoka tend to LIE. People who are dishonest in their online dealings often have no problems being dishonest elsewhere, including to law enforcement or the court.

Peddling bullshido in most cases is not against the law. But tracking down and engaging people in the real world can be, if you are not very careful.

There is really no need or good reason to expose yourself in person to Bullshidoka unless your lawyer is involved, for your own protection.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 1/15/2014 10:52pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/16/2014 11:29am

Style: Wrestle, Kickbox, Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    You might want to reconsider this plan. Ask a certain boxing skeleton why.

Sadly, now there is a precedent of Bullshidoka taking folks to court over their attempts to inspect classes, even if it is in the best interests of MA consumers or help expose a fraud.. Your visit to check out classes could backfire if the instructor knows you are there to out them as peddling bullshido. He could have you arrested for trespassing on the spot for just showing up.

The reason is simple: Bullshidoka tend to LIE. People who are dishonest in their online dealings often have no problems being dishonest elsewhere, including to law enforcement or the court.

Peddling bullshido in most cases is not against the law. But tracking down and engaging people in the real world can be, if you are not very careful.

There is really no need or good reason to expose yourself in person to Bullshidoka unless your lawyer is involved, for your own protection.
    Didn't this guy extend an invitation for anyone who wanted to come to a "trail" class or something? I would have thought that would cover you as long as your up front about things...but you're correct that it is some risk for probably very little reward...

Of course, there's also the possibility that his idea of a "class" would be demonstrating his "ninja skills" by beaning you in the back of the head with something as you get out of your car. Brings to mind another "ninja" thread where a member offered to attend a class, so the guy wanted him to drive down an abandoned road to an empty field in the middle of nowhere. As this particular "ninja" was also fond of firearms, it's probably a good thing that the member declined that particular offer...
    Last edited by Keslet; 1/16/2014 11:41am at .

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    1/16/2014 12:23pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Spider turned him round about, and went into his den,
    For well he knew the silly Fly would soon come back again:
    So he wove a subtle web, in a little corner sly,
    And set his table ready, to dine upon the Fly.
    - Mary Howitt

Nothing for Show, All for use

Posted On:
    1/23/2014 4:09pm

supporting member
     Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Any more from Yoder?

Yoder?

He must be scared of the beat down that Daw is getting here.

Must suck to be a fake martial arts Grandmaster with multiple ranks....

Posted On:
    2/08/2014 11:21am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Aikido & Krav Maga

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By the way Krav Maga does not have Dan rankings

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2014 11:51pm

Style: kempo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I received an email requesting to join the association I belong to, but sent back a 'thanks but no thanks' letter. Basically I stated that anyone with such ranking would not benefit from our 'status' and would not be likely to change his school over to teach what we taught. I was surprised with the breadth and variety of his rankings. Haven't heard from him since.

Nothing for Show, All for use

Posted On:
    2/12/2014 1:30pm

supporting member
     Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So he is really still out there pretending to be a real black belt?

Mouthboxing frauds just never seem to quit.

Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162223242526 27282930 ... LastLast