Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/17/2013 3:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Oh, by the way - I think Dana White's comments after the fight were bullshit. I agree that Hendricks should've won the fight but I don't agree with his comment that GSP has to come back. That he owes the company a rematch.

I seriously doubt GSP owes the UFC a goddamn thing. He's been making money for that company for years. Dana himself said it in the same breath as his comments about GSP owing the UFC. If GSP wants to retire he should do it.
    Agree 100% GSP owes White NOTHING. Dana and co. have been underpaying fighters for years and it was shitty of him to try and publicly shame him into agreeing to a rematch after all George has done for the sport.
    White is a dick, always has been and always will be.
    As far as the fight goes, it could have gone either way. There will be people screaming about this one for weeks, but as we all know, when a fight is that close and there is a belt involved, the decision usually goes to the champ.
    People are also yakking about Hendricks tapping in the 1st while he was in a guillotine. Unfortunately, I ended up missing it live and had to watch a recorded version of last night's events early this morning ; I will have to watch the fight to draw my conclusion on that matter.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/17/2013 3:59pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Oh, by the way - I think Dana White's comments after the fight were bullshit. I agree that Hendricks should've won the fight but I don't agree with his comment that GSP has to come back. That he owes the company a rematch.

I seriously doubt GSP owes the UFC a goddamn thing. He's been making money for that company for years. Dana himself said it in the same breath as his comments about GSP owing the UFC. If GSP wants to retire he should do it.
    Agree 100% GSP owes White NOTHING. Dana and co. have been underpaying fighters for years and it was shitty of him to try and publicly shame him into agreeing to a rematch after all George has done for the sport.
    White is a dick, always has been and always will be.
    But GSP needs to either retire and relinquish the belt, or keep fighting and defend it. I think he is going to retire and I have no problem with that , he doesn't have anything to prove as he has already cemented himself as one of the sport's all-time greats. He is also one of the most dignified professional athletes around.
    As far as the fight goes, it could have gone either way. There will be people screaming about this one for weeks, but as we all know, when a fight is that close and there is a belt involved, the decision usually goes to the champ.
    People are also yakking about Hendricks tapping in the 1st while he was in a guillotine. Unfortunately, I ended up missing it live and had to watch a recorded version of last night's events early this morning ; I will have to watch the round again to draw my conclusion on that matter.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2013 4:03pm

Style: Judo noob, injured guy.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The "Hendricks tapped" thing is BS. The slow mo gif shows him moving his hand inside GSP's leg to frame and shrimp out of the mount and the headlock/guillotine wasn't tight, which is why GSP let it go instantly.

Also, I am beginning to REALLY like Hendricks. Cool, classy guy who has power and good grappling and actively tries to end fights. Love it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2013 4:32pm

Style: Em Tee/JewDough/BeeJayJay

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Krijgsman View Post
    The "Hendricks tapped" thing is BS. The slow mo gif shows him moving his hand inside GSP's leg to frame and shrimp out of the mount and the headlock/guillotine wasn't tight, which is why GSP let it go instantly.

Also, I am beginning to REALLY like Hendricks. Cool, classy guy who has power and good grappling and actively tries to end fights. Love it.
    Agreed!

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    11/17/2013 4:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah i kinda wrote him off as being a one trick pony but he showed a lot of tools in this fight. his wrestling on the cage was fucking tops. sucks that the decision didnt go his way.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/17/2013 5:22pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZ View Post
    Its called efficiency and lengthening your career.
    I don't begrudge him wanting to play it safe, he is an intelligent fighter.
    This card looks great top to bottom. I am not missing out on this one.
    GSP by decision.
    Early Ali vs Late Champion Ali.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/17/2013 6:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's actually a chance the decision may be overturned. Some people claim they saw Delta Jackson laying on the judges during round 5 and threatening not to get up.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/17/2013 6:29pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2013 6:36pm

Style: Judo noob, heavy bag

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    There's actually a chance the decision may be overturned. Some people claim they saw Delta Jackson laying on the judges during round 5 and threatening not to get up.
    "Ugh, this is really annoying!"
    The judge tries to shrimp to scoot his hips away, only for Delta Jackson to keep his posture and continue blanketing the judge.
    "Seriously, its like having a living blanket. Its really obnoxious."
    The judge tries to shrimp out once more, again to no avail.
    "Okay, fine, you win! Just make it stop!!!"
    The judge then averts his gaze and hangs his head in defeat, tears welling in his eyes; his will has been broken.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/17/2013 7:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's not everyday that you sell your soul. After the fight, the judge retreats to the back alley behind the stadium and fitfully sucks on a cigarette. It's the first he's had in years. The booming shouts of the crowd are at least muffled back here, giving him an uneasy sense of security. He hopes, perhaps in vain, that the haste of life will make him forget about the brutal ordeal he had to endure. It's over, thank God. At least it's over.

Delta Jackson: Hello, candy-ass.

The judge freezes, practically in a state of catatonia. Considering how violently this behemoth's muscles seem to pulsate with every step he takes, it's a sheer wonder that he was able to sneak up on him back here.

Delta Jackson: I'll keep it short: You tell no one the real reason why you voted for GSP. You tell no one about what I did to you. You felt my power, bitch-boy. You know that no earthly force can move me once I get on top of someone. If you cross me, it won't be you who has to endure my wrath this time. It'll be your wife...

The judge's cigarette falls down his shirt and begins burning a scar into his stomach. He doesn't feel it.

Delta Jackson: You will not speak my name. You will not even THINK my name. I will be watching you, bitch-boy. Not every day, but enough days. Enough to keep you checking underneath your car for the rest of your life.

Have a nice night, you corrupt ****.

Without warning, Jackson unleashes an unimaginably powerful kick to the judge's tender, shriveling testicles. The judge vomits almost instaneously as Jackson leaps thirty feet into the air and disappears over the roof of a building.
    Last edited by Holy Moment; 11/17/2013 7:32pm at .
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast