Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Middleweight

Posted On:
    11/17/2013 9:32am

supporting member
     Style: TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's not Pride why do people keep harping on damage? I saw it for GSP more take downs and a slightly better hit average. It's a game of points folks I don't know what White, Rogan, or the fans are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Oh, and PLEASE get rid of the 125 lb division. It sucks balls and ass at the same time. There is nothing awesome about watching dudes fight when they're so tiny they can kick each other square in the chin 20 times and do zero damage.

I hate watching those runts with a giant passion. The only good thing about them is that they give me 15 minutes worth of munchkin jokes to entertain my friends with while they're being let down by the wee men on TV.
    Screw you, you better keep your hands off mama's little fighting midgets! On a serious note Dodson drops dudes so they can finish the right guy can at least.

Posted On:
    11/17/2013 10:53am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice to see Cowboy looking good again. He'll probably never fight for the title, but damn if he isn't one of my favorites.

That was a freaking rocket Woodley countered Koscheck with, to say nothing of the shot that finished him. Dude is looking like he could be a pretty legit contender, and watching Koscheck get his face smashed in is always a fun time.

I think I officially have a big old mancrush on Robbie Lawler. He just gives zero fucks and gets right up in his opponent's face. I don't even see how that was a split decision. Lawler walked McDonald down and outstruck him in round 1, dropped round 2, and just bashed him around in round 3. For a guy who's been training MMA for so long as his primary athletic base, McDonald looked bizarrely stiff and robotic for a lot of the fight.

Hell of a job by Rashad, once he got Sonnen down he crushed him. Sonnen looked completely broken when he sat back down on the stool after the end. He needs to stick to 185, he's just not big or strong enough to get back up at LHW when he gets put on the mat by a good wrestler.

As to GSP/Hendricks...ordinarily the immediate rematch thing really gets on my nerves, but I think they have to do it here. I feel like the most appropriate MMA cliche here is that GSP won the game, but Hendricks won the fight. I really wonder what would have happened in the second round if Hendricks hadn't lost his mouthpiece, he had GSP seriously in trouble before that break. This is all assuming GSP comes back, anyway. If not, would anybody really complain about Condit-Hendricks 2 for a new champ? I sure as hell wouldn't.
    Last edited by Neo Sigma; 11/17/2013 11:12am at .

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    11/17/2013 11:41am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danharr View Post
    It's not Pride why do people keep harping on damage? I saw it for GSP more take downs and a slightly better hit average. It's a game of points folks I don't know what White, Rogan, or the fans are talking about.

Screw you, you better keep your hands off mama's little fighting midgets! On a serious note Dodson drops dudes so they can finish the right guy can at least.

Don't be a fucking idiot. Of course it's possible for 125 lb midgets to finish each other. Don't even try to sit there and act like it happens with anywhere near the regularity of the heavier divisions - even 135. I don't know what it is about the difference between 135 and 125 but that seems to be the magic line between sucks ass and good-to-go.

And I'm not "harping on damage." The rules are what they are. That doesn't mean they're right. The intrigue of MMA for me has always been the fact that it is a test to see who is a better martial artist. Last night Hendricks was the better martial artist but he lost, so there's a problem with either the design of the system or the administration of the system.

If this fight happened in your back yard you and all your buddies would be standing there going "Damn, GSP just got FUCKED UP!" You know it. Everybody knows it. If the rules don't reflect that reality, something needs to be corrected.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    11/17/2013 11:48am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, by the way - I think Dana White's comments after the fight were bullshit. I agree that Hendricks should've won the fight but I don't agree with his comment that GSP has to come back. That he owes the company a rematch.

I seriously doubt GSP owes the UFC a goddamn thing. He's been making money for that company for years. Dana himself said it in the same breath as his comments about GSP owing the UFC. If GSP wants to retire he should do it.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    11/17/2013 12:58pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hendricks has said he's chasing the belt not the man. Dana knows the UFC will make a ton more on GSP v Hendricks than Hendricks and anyone else. As much as one likes him at the end of the day Dana's going to push his best interest and sadly that's not fake outrage you see coming from him.

Posted On:
    11/17/2013 1:12pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danharr View Post
    Hendricks has said he's chasing the belt not the man. Dana knows the UFC will make a ton more on GSP v Hendricks than Hendricks and anyone else. As much as one likes him at the end of the day Dana's going to push his best interest and sadly that's not fake outrage you see coming from him.
    Yes, that's exactly what Dana should be doing. It's a business. It's his job. But he's full of **** a lot. We don't have to believe the hype.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2013 1:17pm

Style: Muay Thai, Boxing, nogiJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Condit vs Hendricks 2 could generate a lot of interest (not the same as GSP vs Hendricks 2, of course, but a lot). But how is GSP going to semi-retire and hold onto the belt? I think he deserves a lot of credit for what he has done both as a fighter and what he has done for the UFC. If he wanted a little time off I think he has earned that, but no one gets a semi-retirement and gets to hold onto the belt.

Also, even though I do enjoy watching a couple of the flyweights, I do think it is weird that I always feel like I'm watching incredibly tiny people fight. At bantamweight, just ten pounds heavier, I don't really get that feeling most of the time.

Posted On:
    11/17/2013 2:10pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If he wanted a little time off I think he has earned that, but no one gets a semi-retirement and gets to hold onto the belt.
    Yeah, that's the thing. Retirement isn't a thing you can only do a little bit, especially not when you're a title-holder. If GSP wants to finish his career and go have a real life instead of destroying his body day in and day out for money, that's totally his choice, and god knows he's probably got enough cash at this point to live easy for the rest of his life. But you can't just sit on the title and maybe come back when you feel like it. It's bullshit and completely unfair to the rest of the division.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2013 3:40pm

Style: Judo noob, injured guy.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From the post-fight stuff with Dana, it seems like GSP is not going to take a lot of time off. Not like a year or two while sitting on the belt. Supposedly its some personal **** that Georges wants to deal with or something.

As far as the fight goes, Hendricks obviously did more damage and won by Pride rules. But I can see why the 10 point must system gave it to GSP. Despite not doing much damage, he did control the striking well, outside of getting rocked DAMN hard in round 2. I'd say Hendricks controlled the grappling while GSP controlled the striking, though both guts had standout moments on the feet and wrestling/grappling.

I wish Hendricks would have gone after GSP more intently after he rocked him and finished decisively. And, I wish GSP would have kept up the leg kicks after nearly taking Hendricks's legs out and stop fucking pit-pat-shoot. Also, his random swinging teep could have been turned into a pretty nasty Semmy Schilt style snap liver kick.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2013 3:45pm

Style: Em Tee/JewDough/BeeJayJay

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great fight!!! A couple of things:

-I was wrong about how this fight was going to go. I thought GSP was going to keep Johnny's striking at bay with his own, primarily using his reach and keeping the fight on the outside with his jab. Hendricks was better in almost every aspect and I think he won.

-My best bet as to what GSP's personal problem is, accordingly to how Dana was describing it in the scrum without actually saying what it is: He may have a lady pregnant who isn't necessarily his girlfriend and now has a child he needs to take care of.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast