Middleweight

Posted On:
    11/10/2013 9:06pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

UFC 167: St-Pierre vs Hendricks

This weekend we'll see if a new WW champ is crowned in this year of champ dethroning or will GSP at least get into a thrilling fight via Hendrick aggression. Here's the full line up.

Main card
    Weight class
    Welterweight Georges St-Pierre (c) vs. Johny Hendricks
    Light Heavyweight Rashad Evans vs. Chael Sonnen
    Welterweight Rory MacDonald vs. Robbie Lawler
    Welterweight Josh Koscheck vs. Tyron Woodley
    Flyweight Tim Elliott vs. Ali Bagautinov
    Preliminary card (Fox Sports 1)
    Lightweight Donald Cerrone vs. Evan Dunham
    Middleweight Ed Herman vs. Thales Leites
    Welterweight Brian Ebersole vs. Rick Story
    Bantamweight Erik Perez vs. Edwin Figueroa
    Preliminary card (Facebook/YouTube)
    Welterweight Jason High vs. Anthony Lapsley
    Bantamweight Will Campuzano vs. Sergio Pettis
    Light Heavyweight Gian Villante vs. Cody Donovan

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2013 2:50pm

Style: Judo noob, injured guy.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am pretty excited for this one. I am hoping the wrestling of Hendricks will force GSP to actually stand and strike, but I am equally curious if Hendricks can actually stop GSP's shot. I know many say GSP is boring, but I am constantly impressed with his ability to execute his game plan every time.

The rest of the card is great as well. I am very curious how Evans vs Sonnen will turn out.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    11/11/2013 3:06pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If GSP wins, I suggest retirement.
    If GSP loses, I suggest he continues to fight till he's 50.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2013 4:06pm

Style: Muay Thai, Boxing, nogiJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am in the "GSP is boring and fights not to lose" camp, but I don't think Hendricks will be able to beat him. Assuming he has the wrestling to negate GSP's, his striking consists of always trying to set up for his dynamite left hook. GSP and his camp are far too smart to fall for that trap, not to mention how good GSP is at fighting defensively. If he hasn't diversified his striking at least a little bit, I just don't see him landing his left hand.

I'm also curious to see how Rashad Evans vs Chael Sonnen goes. If Sonnen wins, that means someone whose home weight class is middleweight beats one of the the top light heavyweights. That will make the division seem even more shallow than it already looks. If Glover Texeira doesn't do well against Jones, the LHW division will basically become the Jones and Gustafsson division. Unless Jimi Manuwa manages to prove himself against Gustafsson, though considering his last fight was against Ryan Jimmo I don't think he is ready.

After the main event, I'm actually most excited for Cerrone vs Dunham; I think that has the potential to be a great fight. Also excited to see Erik Perez do his thing, I hope he can come back strong after his loss to Mizugaki.

Posted On:
    11/11/2013 9:02pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While I'd certainly LIKE to see GSP get his lights turned out if for no other reason than what's going on at MW right now(new and interesting fights at the top), I don't see it happening. GSP is too good at forcing the fight to be the way he wants it to be for Hendricks to really have much more than the ubiquitous puncher's chance. To be fair, it's a hell of a chance, since he could probably smash a boulder with his left hand, but his striking is really basic outside of his power. The last time anyone had GSP in trouble standing was Condit, and that was because he throws crazy ****. Hendricks' cardio also sort of sucks. If he gasses, we might actually see a finish from GSP, but either way, I say GSP retains the title.

I can see Evans/Sonnen turning into a sloppy boxing match, which Rashad would probably win on account of his better speed and power. Mostly I just want Rashad to win because I really, really don't want to hear Sonnen start shrieking about fighting Jones again if he wins.

MacDonald/Lawler is another case of hoping to see a KO that I'm probably not going to see. My interest in this one will depend on if MacDonald shows up like he did in the Penn fight or in the Ellenberger fight.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/13/2013 4:25pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Delta Jackson: I've been working with GSP for months to craft the perfect strategy to employ against Hendricks, and I think we've finally perfected it. I don't want to give away too much, but let's just say Johnny's in for a looooong night.

Muhahahaha!

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    11/13/2013 4:34pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    Delta Jackson: I've been working with GSP for months to craft the perfect strategy to employ against Hendricks, and I think we've finally perfected it. I don't want to give away too much, but let's just say Johnny's in for a looooong night.

Muhahahaha!
    That sounds like GSP's typical Lay n Pray to me.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    11/13/2013 7:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've got $5 riding on this, it'll be GSP by Wrestle-rape.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    11/13/2013 7:25pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DKJr View Post
    I've got $5 riding on this, it'll be GSP by light wrestling and cuddling and whispering sweet nothings into Hendricks' ears.
    fixed

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/14/2013 5:19pm

Style: Em Tee/JewDough/BeeJayJay

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think GSP will win via striking dominance ala Kos.
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast