223795 Bullies, 3948 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

1. --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

UFC and FOX Sports part ways with Chael Sonnen

In light of a second failed drug test, this time for human growth hormone (HGH) and recombinant human erythropoietin (EPO), the UFC and FOX Sports have parted ways with Chael Sonnen.

UFC officials announced the termination of Sonnen's broadcasting agreement late Monday night, issuing the following statement.

"The UFC and FOX Sports organizations announced today the termination of their respective broadcasting services agreements with analyst Chael Sonnen. This decision comes in light of Sonnen failing a second test conducted by the Nevada Athletic Commission for banned substances in June. Sonnen was previously under temporary suspension by the Nevada Athletic Commission for failing an initial test conducted in May."

The announcement marks a surprising and unceremonious end to Sonnen's second tenure in the UFC.

A three-time title contender who nearly stole the middleweight championship away from Anderson Silva at the height of the Brazilian's powers in 2010, Sonnen (28-14-1) developed into one of the company's biggest pay-per-view draws on the strength of his loquacious promos and undeniable marketing savvy, coaching The Ultimate Fighter twice, serving as a lead analyst across several FOX entities, and headlining numerous UFC events, including the promotion's debut on FOX Sports 1.

Sonnen retired in mid-June after failing a random drug test administered by the Nevada Athletic Commission (NAC) on May 24th in advance of his scheduled UFC 175 grudge match against fellow TUF Brazil 3 coach Wanderlei Silva. Sonnen initially tested positive for the banned substances anastrozole and clomiphene, which he attributed as necessary medication in order to help him transition off testosterone replacement therapy (TRT).

The 37-year-old subsequently failed a second random drug test administered by the NAC on June 5th, testing positive for HGH, EPO, anastrozole, and human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG).
    Sonnen's case is expected to be evaluated at the next NAC meeting, which is scheduled for July 23rd in Las Vegas, NV.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    6/30/2014 11:46pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn they fired him from everything cold and harsh.
    Fu Hung Hsieh remains Fu Hung Hsieh and Kung-tzu Yu remains Kung-tzu Yu.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/01/2014 12:14am

Style: Muay Thai/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No less than what he deserved. It gets even worse when you consider how much he talked down at other people for using drugs. I mean he just got caught with almost every single one in his system.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    7/01/2014 1:24am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    amazing, i cannot wrap my head around how someone who seems to be fairly intelligent fucked up -that- badly. its a shame i wont get to see his hilarious **** anymore. wonder how long til he shows up on bellator?

Middleweight

Posted On:
    7/01/2014 7:37am

supporting member
     Style: TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Or Axstv or WSOF I can see him playing very well off Bas and Kenny Rice.
    Fu Hung Hsieh remains Fu Hung Hsieh and Kung-tzu Yu remains Kung-tzu Yu.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/01/2014 8:57am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Am I reading this right? Because he tested positive for a banned substance he's no longer allowed to serve as an analyst?! In what way does his taking HGH and EPO affect his status as a commentator?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/01/2014 9:56am

Style: Wrestle, Kickbox, Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It affects his "brand" as an MMA competitor, which is what he brought to the table as an analyst...might be a contractual clause too for all I know...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted On:
    7/01/2014 9:56am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In related news Overeem laughed all the way to the drug store.