232386 Bullies, 3818 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    3/17/2014 8:49am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A bit of a sidetrack here but it's suppressor related and a hell of a story. Apparently, this dude had a secret contract with Naval Special Operations to build untraceable suppressors for the SEALs. He got busted and they're trying to figure out what the **** to do with him.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/03/07...or-navy-seals/

All that is cool, but what really caught my attention was how much fucking money they paid this guy. According to the numbers in the article he made $4,871.06 for every suppressor he built. GODDAMN! That's a hell of a premium when the going rate is in the $500-$1000 range for top quality pistol suppressors and $1,500-$2000 for top quality rifle suppressors.

Secret Squirrel suppressor building is a wonderful business to be in, apparently. To any high speed, low drag types with secret government contracting authority who may be reading right now.......it appears that one of your suppressor sources has been compromised. I can make this **** happen, brothers. I'll do it for $4K a pop and I won't get caught like this shitheel. Send me a PM, you fucking squids.

Posted On:
    3/18/2014 8:57am

Style: Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No dog in this fight but curious - what's the use of the suppressor as a recreational gun owner?

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    3/18/2014 9:10am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    No dog in this fight but curious - what's the use of the suppressor as a recreational gun owner?
    Hearing protection without ear plugs or muffs on the range = more fun. Also, suppressed weapons are ideal for home defense. The weapon itself won't worsen the sensory overload you'll already be experiencing in a home defense situation. And you won't have ringing in your ears for the rest of your life. Being a good neighbor to adjacent property owners while you're out shooting. Hunting small game without scaring away every other animal within a half mile radius.

There are lots of good reasons for suppressors. Suppressors just make guns better. There's not much that's inherently good about a loud as **** weapon.

Posted On:
    3/18/2014 11:03am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Makes sense. My views on gun control are pretty much polar opposite of most of you guys, but I don't see the sense in banning suppressors given that guns are in play.

Posted On:
    3/18/2014 11:38am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Makes sense. My views on gun control are pretty much polar opposite of most of you guys, but I don't see the sense in banning suppressors given that guns are in play.
    Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes.

Posted On:
    3/18/2014 11:41am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wish congress would pass a law banning mufflers on cars. Suppressed cars are dangerous assault weapons capable of mowing down dozens, if not hundreds, of innocent victims at a time before anyone knows what's happening. Only the police and military should be allowed to operate suppressed vehicles.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/18/2014 5:05pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL, I bet you don't KNOW what most of us think about "gun control."

Posted On:
    3/18/2014 6:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    LOL, I bet you don't KNOW what most of us think about "gun control."
    I've gotten into a couple discussions and lurked in a few threads. I have enough of an idea to avoid further pointless debate.

Posted On:
    3/18/2014 7:08pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Devil covered it pretty well but one thing I would like to add is that they do not attunate the sound levels nearly as much as you see in tv/movies. A gun with a surpessor is still fairly loud.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/18/2014 8:08pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've gotten into a couple discussions and lurked in a few threads. I have enough of an idea to avoid further pointless debate.
    Cool, my point still stands. Most of those threads have full on sarcasm, baiting and anger. No, you can draw a conclusion about a few extreme posters.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast