Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/06/2013 5:52pm

Style: MARS, Shooto

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Back by no particular demand

Hey bullies, I missed ya. I'm here in Canoga Park, CA now, after a brief stint teaching newbies back home in CO. Too busy for forums as I was also working 2 jobs, but I'm back at it! So...who knows a cool place to train? Any bullies around here? I'm also super horny for a fight, it's been a long time. (Been focusing on being GOOD at MMA before I fight again lol)
    Last edited by Tramirezmma; 11/06/2013 5:55pm at . Reason: oops wasn't done talking

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/06/2013 6:36pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm in Santa Barbara so um, yeah, although we have open mat at my gym @12pm on Saturdays. Canoga Park? Hold on....Have you thought about cruising over to Thousand Oaks and train with Bas? There's also a cool place in Augora but it's a Gracie Barra affiliate in a Boxing gym.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/06/2013 10:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Santa Barbara? Sweedish! I think I'm gonna come say hi tomorrow, hopefully you guys can beat me up for a bit. You folks around during the day?

I wonder if Bas actually teaches people, or if it's just that he owns the place. I will investigate!

I went and checked out American Hapkido Karate (two very different arts from different countries) out nearby (there's actually a pretty old thread mentioning it and "Master" Qubadi) and was bummed. It's such an awesome facility they have, but the MMA and MT instruction is really, really bad. I'll show you one of their BS submission techniques if you want a laugh. It's a damn shame how nice the place is for teaching nothing of value.

I'm hesitant to try Gracie Barra, I'm not a Gi guy, and I dislike the idea of being stuck in a beginners class and not rolling and such. I'm happy to start off as a white belt again in a new system, but...I want to fight and don't want to wait forever to do so.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/06/2013 11:11pm

Style: Judo noob, injured guy.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tramirezmma View Post
    Santa Barbara? Sweedish! I think I'm gonna come say hi tomorrow, hopefully you guys can beat me up for a bit. You folks around during the day?

I wonder if Bas actually teaches people, or if it's just that he owns the place. I will investigate!

I went and checked out American Hapkido Karate (two very different arts from different countries) out nearby (there's actually a pretty old thread mentioning it and "Master" Qubadi) and was bummed. It's such an awesome facility they have, but the MMA and MT instruction is really, really bad. I'll show you one of their BS submission techniques if you want a laugh. It's a damn shame how nice the place is for teaching nothing of value.

I'm hesitant to try Gracie Barra, I'm not a Gi guy, and I dislike the idea of being stuck in a beginners class and not rolling and such. I'm happy to start off as a white belt again in a new system, but...I want to fight and don't want to wait forever to do so.
    I believe Bas does some training. But he also has really good trainers on staff... like Ramon Dekker's brother for MT.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/06/2013 11:16pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well then I'm checking them out too! Gotta have a trainer with a good sense of humor, because 90% of what comes out of my mouth is a joke, and it rubs some people the wrong way.

Particularly the dead baby and 9/11 jokes. Or dead 9/11 baby jokes. Or any "How do you make a kid cry twice" jokes.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/07/2013 2:24pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tramirezmma View Post

www.sbmartialarts.com

Too bad Google hasn't updated our Google map after 5 requests.

One of my guys just started there and he said Bas does get out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Krijgsman View Post
    I believe Bas does some training. But he also has really good trainers on staff... like Ramon Dekker's brother for MT.
    That's his brother? Nice guy if it's who I'm thinking of.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/07/2013 5:08pm

Style: Judo noob, injured guy.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    www.sbmartialarts.com

Too bad Google hasn't updated our Google map after 5 requests.

One of my guys just started there and he said Bas does get out there.

That's his brother? Nice guy if it's who I'm thinking of.
    I believe so (Carlo Dekkers). I may be remembering an interview incorrectly, so if its now I beg forgiveness. He's not listed on the website, so it may be that he's not there anymore or the website is not up to date.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/07/2013 6:12pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Krijgsman View Post
    I believe so (Carlo Dekkers). I may be remembering an interview incorrectly, so if its now I beg forgiveness. He's not listed on the website, so it may be that he's not there anymore or the website is not up to date.
    Randy was who I was referring to.