Sponsored Links Spacer Image

heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

Posted On:
    11/07/2013 10:48am

supporting member
     Style: 

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalLegion View Post
    About the coconut breaking...I don't know jack about breaking in any respect, so it's fair to say my opinion is worthless...but there's something about this that's making my B.S. meter go off.

I don't know. Maybe it's just a matter of not knowing any better.
    Dale breaks coconuts, concrete, and hearts everywhere.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=119870
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 11/07/2013 10:52am at .

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    11/07/2013 12:55pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Let's say it is a real boxer, lol, I'm laughing at the lack of effect. Iron palm is supposed to rupture spleens, damage organs etc etc etc. He scratched the guy and never KO'd him.
    If Iron Palm skills were as damaging as advertised, one could just lay heavy slaps down on the guarding forearms from a distance, breaking them.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/07/2013 11:54pm

Style: 1 technique 1000 times

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    If Iron Palm skills were as damaging as advertised, one could just lay heavy slaps down on the guarding forearms from a distance, breaking them.
    You hit it right on the nose.

And by that, I mean: that's the idea. Your simple palm slap -- anywhere on your opponents body -- means something. Sadly... the ones who say they "do iron palm" very often... don't...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2013 11:19am

Style: sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not if the opponent does iron forearms.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2013 1:16pm

Style: mt/bjj

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know about that boxing but they look pretty bad ass standing in the background like that.

Iron balls technique! flying chinese emperor kills boxer!
    Last edited by big maclol; 11/08/2013 1:20pm at .

heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

Posted On:
    11/08/2013 3:00pm

supporting member
     Style: 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You got the key word: "advertised". Most iron palm talk is bullshit because it reverses the entire basic premise of real iron palm conditioning, which is to take impact more efficiently and use your body weight more effectively.

There is nothing about it that will give you superhuman hands, as "advertised". What you will end up with if you train correctly are hard, strong, supple hands that have no problem smashing fruit or giving a really great massage to all your lady friends.

The same goes for all the other iron body skills.

There are those who believe that iron body exercises will improve your lung function, core strength, endurance, flexibility, and sexual stamina. I believe it.

There are those who believe iron body can make you impervious to steel weapons...bullets....gravity....

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/08/2013 4:17pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    What you will end up with if you train correctly are hard, strong, supple hands that have no problem smashing fruit or giving a really great massage to all your lady friends.

The same goes for all the other iron body skills.

It's old fashioned conditioning that is antiquated. No offense to Dugas at all, but many of the benefits of IP are done in boxing and MMA. If you hit the heavy bag or pads, you are doing a form of IP. If you kick the same things, you are doing a form of IP. The medicine ball drop? Same thing. Minus the Herbal formulas, there is basically a modern equivalent for most IP training.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/09/2013 1:28am

Style: Kickboxing, LGKF, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlMatt View Post
    This reminds me of the the "aikido vs. BJJ" or "Wing Chun vs. BJJ" videos in which the instructor has one of his own students attack in a way he thinks a BJJer would attack, then responds in a stylized way that wouldn't slow an actually BJJer down at all.
    Yeah I see a lot of these fights around on youtube. Where it looks like they've got an obvious set up to promote the style. Often getting Wing Chun or something of the sort against some Thai boxer who displays no skill what so ever. I often suspect that they just get a student from their school to stick on some Thai boxing shorts and fight one of the masters in front of the camera...

Often the comment section gets a good load of "SEE, SEE WING CHUN WORKS!!!" cause that's the real Chun, unless of course he loses, in which case "That's not the real Chun" or "The Chun is best in da str33t with no rules" Though not exclusive to Wing Chun mind you but think it's a fair example to use given the abundance of questionable videos I see.

Was going to make a thread which was focused around posting questionable set up fights such as the above, however I feel I'd have probably been late to the punch so stuck to the thread at hand.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/09/2013 1:19pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's the thing, you should advertise your art as the greatest. I have ZERO problem with that as all as long as it is truthful. Yes, this includes modern wushu all the way to MMA. The problem lies in making false claims and style vs style advertisement.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/09/2013 2:14pm

Style: Kickboxing, LGKF, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Here's the thing, you should advertise your art as the greatest. I have ZERO problem with that as all as long as it is truthful. Yes, this includes modern wushu all the way to MMA. The problem lies in making false claims and style vs style advertisement.
    I have no problems with people advertising their art as the best out there. I mean, naturally you take pride in the art you teach, however when it comes to the extremes that you have to set up fights with low rank or questionable artists of other martial arts or even a full on fake... Then surely you should see a problem with your own art. I mean, the other more proven arts don't have to resort to such advertising tactics, that or it's less to do with how good the art is itself and more to do with trying to trick people into taking up your art for the money or national pride... That or just pure delusional...
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast