Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2013 10:37pm

Style: Judo,JKD,Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Sleepless View Post

Recently I haven't been doing very much in the form of martial arts competition but here's a sweet ass photo of me hitting the 14ft waterslide at Mt Rushmore wearing awesome genie pants coz I don't wanna get my nappy wet.

WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING?
    Really?

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    11/12/2013 9:14am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Those are some interesting trousers. I didn't even realize it before. I thought they were just baggy basketball shorts. Not so much.

Good job, Aladdin.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    11/12/2013 12:30pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh haiku, haiku
    Why do you box the world?
    **** **** bitch ass tits

Lightweight

Posted On:
    11/12/2013 1:14pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mighty King Sleepless!

Fourteen foot wall is no match

For his hammer pants
    train more and post less!

Posted On:
    11/12/2013 11:09pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grab my fist View Post
    Really?
    More like AnalAperture.com
    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/15/2013 10:39pm

Style: Itinerant Wanderer

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since last year? Sheesh... done a couple of NAGA tournaments. Fun, excitement, still learning to score points with position versus going for a quick submission. Still training regularly, and trying to squeeze in a shodan and sandan (yes, yes, it's all mucked up) test before September next year. That means learning more boards, and lots of seifukujutsu and kappo.

As to the rest- still making Cub Scouts an adventure for little guys, helped my daughter lose 80 pounds, brewed my first solo beer, ran my second Warrior Dash in armor, got promoted to LCDR, got to dive and fish on Johnston Atoll, and got a Unit Citation Award during the government shutdown.

And I see your magic Genie pants, and raise you this for Halloween (again):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1383088_10201706489557132_1357252193_n.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	15570

Posted On:
    11/19/2013 11:42pm

Style: BJJ/Zumba

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Crushed by work with 10-12 hour days, some insaneness over the last 8 months.

Got ma purple belt, I become less than half a real person. Still supervising open mats on Friday's, working with the whiten's and bluen's to up their games, and trouble shoot their problems, to make them more dangerous when they roll against me.

Upping my training schedule in prep for competing next year for the first time as a purple belt. New nutrition program, fat is coming off well, and on my way to 85-90kgs, wewt, probably a month or two to go to hit the goal.

About to start lifting again now back has recovered from being shitty, looking forward to swole-gainz™.
    Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.

Miyagi: Feeling correct.

Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.

Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.

Posted On:
    11/20/2013 1:05am

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Miyagi View Post
    Upping my training schedule in prep for competing next year for the first time as a purple belt. New nutrition program, fat is coming off well, and on my way to 85-90kgs, wewt, probably a month or two to go to hit the goal.

About to start lifting again now back has recovered from being shitty, looking forward to swole-gainz™.
    Get swole! lol, I'm trying to cut down to 85 at the moment ahead of stepping up to the blues.
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Posted On:
    11/20/2013 9:23pm

Style: BJJ/Zumba

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cualltaigh View Post
    Get swole! lol, I'm trying to cut down to 85 at the moment ahead of stepping up to the blues.
    Yeah, I'm not only looking forward to being lower, I'm looking forward to being a **** tonne faster, as well as not having such a load on my knees while I do some tricky leg passing.

Good thing is, for Blue, just compete at the first weight you're at and aim to come down as you go, a lot of it is going to be really similar. At purple I know I'm probably going to be moved up weights ANYWAY because I don't think there's enough guys competing it seems. After gi + absolute, I might look at focusing a bit more at no gi again, but I'm definitely weaker in my stand up there, as I've come to rely on gi grips A LOT.

For the SEQLD comp, blue there was like 1 dude in the 90ish range, and then 3 in the over 100. Then for 85 there was a TONNE, lots of guys as you get down.

For purple I know the big guys are like 6"4 and that's really getting to a size that's hard to handle I'm only 6"1 and I don't really have the lanky limbs that they retain with strength as well, so I get caught with their damn spider limbs, so hard to pass.
    Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.

Miyagi: Feeling correct.

Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.

Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.

Posted On:
    11/20/2013 11:59pm

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Miyagi View Post
    Yeah, I'm not only looking forward to being lower, I'm looking forward to being a **** tonne faster, as well as not having such a load on my knees while I do some tricky leg passing.

Good thing is, for Blue, just compete at the first weight you're at and aim to come down as you go, a lot of it is going to be really similar. At purple I know I'm probably going to be moved up weights ANYWAY because I don't think there's enough guys competing it seems. After gi + absolute, I might look at focusing a bit more at no gi again, but I'm definitely weaker in my stand up there, as I've come to rely on gi grips A LOT.

For the SEQLD comp, blue there was like 1 dude in the 90ish range, and then 3 in the over 100. Then for 85 there was a TONNE, lots of guys as you get down.

For purple I know the big guys are like 6"4 and that's really getting to a size that's hard to handle I'm only 6"1 and I don't really have the lanky limbs that they retain with strength as well, so I get caught with their damn spider limbs, so hard to pass.
    Well I had a peak at the results for Brisbane comp (in October) and at blue there were at leat 4 in the 91 bracket but none at the 85 (which did surprise me). But I'd like to cut down anyway, see how it goes. I know what you mean with the tall blokes, being 5'8" I have to work twice as hard against you 6'+ guys to pass the gangly appendages.
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011 LastLast