Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/22/2013 6:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are Ninja Warrior courses actually, you know, cool? I've found the Tough Mudder and related events to be a rather feeble test of athletic ability (Except the ones where I had to run through sand).

Here's me after crawling through a river of **** and coming out clean the other side:

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    11/23/2013 5:03am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    2013 So Far:

Competed Twice in GI under BJJ Rules - Blue Belt: 3-1. Won via 3 Ankle Locks, Lost 1 on Points. 1 Gold & 1 Silver Medal

Competed Twice in NOGI under Submission Wrestling Rules - 1 Time at Immediate, 1 Time at Advanced 3-1. Won 3 (Points, Kneebar, Ref's Decision), Lost 1 via Straight Armbar. 1 Gold (Intermediate) & 1 Silver (Advanced)

Got Married.

Wife and I moved from DC Metro Area to Germany for a few years. I been traveling Europe and not competing since my move this summer. I been training at the Alliance School out here around 5-8 hours a week.
    Last edited by Plasma; 11/23/2013 5:13am at .

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    11/25/2013 2:29pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I forgot the worst part of my Yuppification: I bought a Prius. Not just any Prius, but a motherfucking white hatchback Prius.
    It gets absolutely insane mileage, due to it being powered by a combination of gas, electric, and my own liberal smugness.
    Last edited by TheMightyMcClaw; 11/25/2013 3:05pm at .
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    11/25/2013 5:43pm

Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Late to the party.

Let's see. Sold an apartment. Bought an apartment. Moved. Watched my kid go through major surgery. Watched my kid bounce back like only little kids can after a major surgery. Got back to the mats since we conveniently moved next to my old BJJ gym. Getting my ass kicked at least a few times a week for more than two months without any injuries, which is my record on this side of 2010.

As a relatively new thing I'm now working out every night at home when I'm not on the mats. Something new every year, eh?
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

Nothing for Show, All for use

Posted On:
    11/25/2013 5:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Glad to hear your kid is doing well. Never a thing you want to go through.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/26/2013 10:02am

Style: TKD

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Recliner chair extensions, chair squats, 12 oz curls, occasionally 24 oz curls. Walking to and from the car. Jump out of bed, jump into bed, jumping to conclusions, open the door, close the door. Clutch, brake, and gas pedal presses. Wow, i'm tired. Time for some deep breathing on the couch.

Posted On:
    11/26/2013 8:46pm

Style: bjj/judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had back surgery, lost a fiance, and ate my way to 260 lbs of disgusting mountainhood. Then I was laid off, and training and self respect fell by the wayside.

Last spring I finally snapped out of it. Down to 230 and slowly getting back into grappling around my job, which involved some travel so its hard to make a schedule.

The whole experience has given me a scary look into how weak I can be, and also made me aware about the clock ticking away the time I have to do all the things I want to accomplish.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/29/2013 10:12pm

Style: Itinerant Wanderer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    Are Ninja Warrior courses actually, you know, cool? I've found the Tough Mudder and related events to be a rather feeble test of athletic ability (Except the ones where I had to run through sand).

Here's me after crawling through a river of **** and coming out clean the other side:

Well, it depends. I have only done the Warrior Dash for this sort of thing, so it's all I can base my experience off of. I can say that the Tough Mudder would be a tough one for me, as I hate running. Always have, even in my infantry days. Now my knee and toe are so jacked that 10 to 12 miles would whip my ass halfway through.

I can say, though, that the Warrior Dash out here has some pretty unathletic people muddle through it. That, obviously, it the idea. Put something out there that the very fit can enjoy cruising through, and the rather unfit can struggle through and enjoy overcoming. It makes a lot of money.

Do it my way, though, and even a short 3 mile Warrior Dash will wring you out. The armor and the push-ups after every obstacle tend to add to the overall hellishness of it.

Posted On:
    11/30/2013 4:46pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can add "won my MMA debut" to my list for this year. Will be adding "got my blue belt" in a fortnight. Fucking bumper year for battlefields.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Posted On:
    12/01/2013 5:51am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I trainy, I eaty, I sleepy, I worky. Sometimes, I posty.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 11 LastLast