228164 Bullies, 4691 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 41 to 50 of 157
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. CapnMunchh is offline

    Welterweight

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    792

    Posted On:
    11/06/2013 2:24pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TangSooDo/Yubiwaza

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hudson69 View Post
    I think the second worst feeling you could have is realizing that you are in a gun fight and do not have a gun. The only thing worse that I can think of right away is having a gun in a gunfight, pulling the trigger and all you get is a "click."

    You can always put it in your sock and swing it. For anything below a 9mm, its worth considering.
  2. BKR is offline
    BKR's Avatar

    My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    4,740

    Posted On:
    11/06/2013 5:24pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

    9
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    They ate every damn bit of it too, including liver and heart, that same afternoon.
    Right after the shot...he is standing where the hare was framed up.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skys First Hare Scene of Success Web.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	15524

    Cleaning and skinning...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cleaning Skys first hair crop web.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	15525

    Frying it up (sauteing in olive oil, that is)...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cooking Skys first hare web.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	22.8 KB 
ID:	15526

    Looks like meat is back on the menu ! That's homemade sriracha sauce in the foreground, BTW.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eating Sky's First Hare web.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	15527

    Preserving the hide after lunch.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skys First Hare Preserving Hide Web.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	15528

    Thanks for indulging me, guys...
    Falling for Judo since 1980
  3. tgace is online now
    tgace's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    1,329

    Posted On:
    11/06/2013 7:15pm


     Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

    4
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fatherhood....you're doing it right.
  4. Devil is offline
    Devil's Avatar

    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,764

    Posted On:
    11/06/2013 8:32pm

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    Fatherhood....you're doing it right.
    Damn right. Building some manly men right there. Good stuff.
  5. danno is offline
    danno's Avatar

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Shoalhaven, Australia
    Posts
    3,155

    Posted On:
    11/07/2013 1:20am

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ

    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're all so fucking wrong. Pull guard against gun, no can defense

    http://www.myfoxphilly.com/story/238...r-at-gun-point

    Seriously though (I'm certain this has been discussed many times before) the word "art" confuses the **** out of many people who conflate it with Fine Art rather than meaning the learned skills/techniques acquired through extensive training.

    Firearms training is martial arts in every sense of the term, far more so than many other things which are labelled as martial arts, which in fact have more in common with fine art in that they are more concerned with aesthetics than practical application.
  6. SteveM is offline

    Lightweight

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    181

    Posted On:
    11/07/2013 9:20am

    Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     Central Texas Combatives Training Group Style: AMOK!

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    Firearms training is martial arts in every sense of the term, far more so than many other things which are labelled as martial arts, which in fact have more in common with fine art in that they are more concerned with aesthetics than practical application.
    Well a likely reason for the confusion is that the vast majority of firearms training is near completely focused on the operation of the firearm, not the "martial" fighting aspects.

    Gun fighting: a compound word?

    Let's face it, if ones gunfighting training consists solely of shooting targets at a range, isn't that akin to doing all ones BJJ or Judo training against a grappling dummy? What if your Kung Fu training was only forms and working against a wooden dummy? How well will that solo training prepare you for a fight against a live opponent?

    This IMHO is why most firearms training is not considered "martial art". Well, that and picking up kids in a minivan with a "Master Chuck's Afterschool Gunfighting Academy" sign would be a hard sell to most suburban moms.
  7. frenchie88 is online now

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    307

    Posted On:
    11/07/2013 10:22am


     Style: Yagyu Shinkage Ryu

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    You're all so fucking wrong. Pull guard against gun, no can defense

    http://www.myfoxphilly.com/story/238...r-at-gun-point

    Seriously though (I'm certain this has been discussed many times before) the word "art" confuses the **** out of many people who conflate it with Fine Art rather than meaning the learned skills/techniques acquired through extensive training.

    Firearms training is martial arts in every sense of the term, far more so than many other things which are labelled as martial arts, which in fact have more in common with fine art in that they are more concerned with aesthetics than practical application.
    I went to high school with the guy who took the would be robber down. He was not someone to mess with, even in high school.
  8. CapnMunchh is offline

    Welterweight

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    792

    Posted On:
    11/07/2013 12:17pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TangSooDo/Yubiwaza

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    Well a likely reason for the confusion is that the vast majority of firearms training is near completely focused on the operation of the firearm, not the "martial" fighting aspects.

    Gun fighting: a compound word?

    Let's face it, if ones gunfighting training consists solely of shooting targets at a range, isn't that akin to doing all ones BJJ or Judo training against a grappling dummy? What if your Kung Fu training was only forms and working against a wooden dummy? How well will that solo training prepare you for a fight against a live opponent?.
    That's related to what I was referring to earlier in the thread -- that there are not as many firearm training facilities available as MA schools, and its at those facilities where one can pick up more useful training than just shooting at targets at a range.
  9. DCS is offline
    DCS's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,040

    Posted On:
    11/07/2013 6:34pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BTW

  10. Mr. Machette is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,681

    Posted On:
    11/07/2013 7:02pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

    4
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickybomb View Post
    There will always be crooks with better weapons and superior training (zetas,... I heard that gang members also enter army if they can for the training purposes) and ambush options, so until there will be crack cocaine and street gangs here I won't be hasty with buying myself a firearm.
    "Better" weapons as in how? It's all in how you use it, son.

    I've got a rifle so old it's production was commissioned by a Russian Tsar for the express purpose of putting down charging cavalry horses. It's type has been used by some of the most infamous and successful snipers in the history of war. It works just as well today as it did in the revolution and two world wars in which it saw service. It will penetrate both sides of a bullet proof vest, knock a ragged hole the size of a grapefruit through the poor schmuck wearing it and simultaneously turn most of their internal organs into dog food from hydro static shock. You could hit a man anywhere on their body and they will likely die from shock and blood loss. It will easily nail whatever you point it as for as far out as you can realistically see.

    This devastating war machine is considered obsolete and cost's less than two bags of groceries. I assure you that despite it's age and frugality it will absolutely wreck any living thing you turn it on with monotonous reliability.

    Just because there are newer, flashier weapons with fancy plastic parts and larger magazines doesn't mean they are "better".

    Take Phrost's advice and learn something about guns before you make more silly statements out of ignorance.
    Last edited by Mr. Machette; 11/07/2013 7:19pm at .
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.