Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2013 4:25pm

Style: judo, boxing -noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    Views you disagree with, you're more than welcome to ignore.
    Thank you ever so much, master. I shall take my humble freedom of speech elsewhere. Bow, grin, nod.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2013 5:39pm

Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the reply VN! Though I find it a poor argument.

BTW, Adolf called. He wants your help. Something about a book.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2013 6:37pm

Style: aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're right, for once. We took our piece of it, and now it's up to the French to decide what to do with that part of it which remains to them.
    There you go again. You didn't take anything.

ORNYTHORINQUE!... BOIT-SANS-SOIF!... BACHI-BOUZOUK!

Posted On:
    11/10/2013 7:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Views you disagree with, you're more than welcome to ignore.
    This is worth a laugh. Seeing as your answers rarely relate to the points others make, I'm going to assume this is a philosophy you follow closely?

Is that why they never take steps to rule themselves?
    Current, Arab spring related world events are a total mystery to you, aren't they?

No one showed monobrows any such thing. Their delusions are of their own making, which is the root of their bitter disappointment at their lot upon arrival in someone else's land.
    There is no question that life in stable, democratic countries is easier for the working poor than it is in most developing nations. Claiming that it isn't won't change that.

My point, bright light, was that what were barbaric shitholes before colonial powers arrived remained barbaric shitholes after decolonisation.
    No they weren't. Many Native American peoples had very forward thinking forms of governance, and Europe didn't invent the modern world.

I'm sorry, would you kindly tell me when China invaded any part of France? Both are nuclear-weapons-wielding powers, so it might be an interesting--if glowing--scenario.
    The question was: what are you insisting gives a people the right to occupy certain land? Original occupancy? Religious reasons? Race superiority? Seeing as those and other points are bullshit, we're left with the reason: because they're strong enough to hold it. Which is also a bad one as no nation holds ultimate power forever. Besides, just because someone can't fight their way into living somewhere doesn't mean they don't have something to offer that country.

History fail. The monobrows of the Maghreb were far from first in that part of the world. Those who preceded them--prior to the expansion of Islam--were, among others, the Tuareg tribes.
    Completely irrelevant. They were still there before the French colonized them, just like Native Americans in New France were (and who were first of all in that case). Seriously, what on earth are you on about? The point this comes back to is that the French have emigrated all over the world, what logic then drives them to get pissy about people immigrating? They're not some unique or advanced people that need to be preserved. Their culture and lifestyle is totally worth holding on to, but that's a learned thing and not mutually exclusive with many other cultures.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2013 9:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cap View Post
    Current, Arab spring related world events are a total mystery to you, aren't they?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2013 1:09am

Style: BJJ / MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I spent two weeks alone in paris two years ago partying. I walked across the city from one end to the next. Never had a problem. Why? Because I looked around to where I was and made sure I wasn't looking like an easy mark. Shrug. I never felt unsafe in paris.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2013 5:09am

Style: judo, boxing -noob

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All stereotypes are 100% true. Didn't you know that?
    Yes, they're 100% tr00, but you're unreal man.

Yo, remember I said I shall take my freedom of speech elsewhere? I lied.

You know, many years ago the guys who thought themselves superior came to this land, measured foreheads, noses, all scholared in good eugenics and fending those who they deemed inferior (basically all of Jewish and Slavic origin, and they had special plans for the unfortunate disabled people too) to some places where they could camp and concentrate.

Being a pocket nation of less than 2,000.000 souls, whe had to gang up 10 to 100 on them and chase them down to their last man (with a 'little' help from east and west).

We're even printing friendly warnings on walls for them, so they won't feel the need to rise up once more. You put a zombie down this way if he doesn't do it for you:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	follow-your-leader.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	15548
    Last edited by Stickybomb; 11/11/2013 5:16am at .

Posted On:
    11/11/2013 8:01am

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go further north, and you'll see individuals who show more advanced evolution by being blond or red-haired
    ROFLMAO

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2013 1:30pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let me pick up the fork.

What is wrong with racism? Simple, racism doesn�t explain ****.
    Lets assume Europeans have any gene that makes them superior to people not having that gene.
    How come than that ancient Egypt was an high culture when Europeans were still living in caves?
    How come China was at times culturally superior to Europe?
    See when you actually try to explain **** with racism, you run in contradictions.

Now look at environmental factors like water. We could talk about the importance of the Nile for ancient Egypt as well about the importance of the the Mediterranean sea for the roman empire and so for the development of civilized Europe. In China for farming a sophisticated system of Irrigation was required. To get that done you need central planing and stuff. Some say this was the reason for the development of the writing system.

So the point is that looking at environmental factors you can explain quite a lot. I am not going to do a whole theory about the development of high cultures, that would be besides the point and my historical knowledge is not so good as I would like it to be. Inventions are mostly made out of necessity and not because some people got the "genius" gene.

If you think you are just the sum of your genes, you are just a lowly animal. Our consciousness is much more complex and more powerful and develops much much faster than evolution. It is the reason why we human managed to make nature our bitch and not the way round.

Racism is just some stupid faith for people to feel better about them-self and a useful tool for the people on power.

Disclaimer: That does not mean it makes never sense to differ between different races of humans or that there are totally no differences, just that this differences don't matter in the context of the topic.

That is just so quick draft and maybe I fucked up somewhere but that is basically how I would argue.

Posted On:
    11/11/2013 3:53pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by killface View Post
    Simple, racism doesn�t explain ****.
    It only does if you can come up with a definition of "race" that everyone agrees with. Caesar's commentaries on Celts make it clear he didn't consider them to be the same race as his own people. Edgar Allen Poe referred to the Usher clan as a "race". Today, the West deems complexion and similar continent of origin as sufficient to lump all sorts of peoples into the same "race", despite the vast differences that exist outside those two criteria.

Also, one would need criteria by which to judge "superiority", as the term means nothing without them. I assign the criterion of emotional self-control to measure superiority, but that's because of my job. The more fights I break up at work, the more likely I am to measure as inferior members of the groups who fight most often. One might reply that a lack of emotional self-control in a given ethnicity (leading to, say, such things as frequents fights and "honour killings") might be due more to cultural rather than genetic inferiority; however, if a culture values constant and uncontrolled rage in men, those are the men most likely to pass on their genes.

What racism is useful for is trolling.

As we've seen in this charming little thread, race-trolling at first brings the usual outraged reactions from those whose heads are filled with slogans rather than thoughts. Mental-sloganeers are so busy working themselves up to a socially-conscious fever pitch that they can't effectively dismantle positions that should be indefensible (positions I can dismantle as easily as I write them). There are plenty of posters here who could rebut those unacceptable positions, but they're doubtless having more fun reading the howls of outrage--predictable fun, but why not?

What then comes up with race-trolling is the picturesque display of hypocrisy by those who have benefitted from racism, and have nothing to redress their role in it, but take the easy route by decrying racism online. A classic example of talking the talk but not walking the walk involves those, like Owlmatt, who live on land taken from First Nations people, but have no intention of relinquishing it. No doubt it provides a comfortable and convenient place to rest the computer he uses to decry racism.

Even more quaint is stickybomb, whose description of colored people living simple off-the-land lives (they're such happy, sunny people--aren't they, sticky?) reminds one of Dan Quayle's classic "Samoans-as-happy-campers" quote.

Better yet is the ultimate motive for his heroic anti-racist stance: he loves "mulatto girls" (yep, no field-action for sticky--it's gotta be house). Maybe Slovenia's many "mulatto girls" will forget that he's referring to them by a term--coming from the word "mule"--is about as PC as "halfbreed", and line up to be the political merit-badge who both catches his dinner and gives him his nightly dose of chocolata-yaya. He can only hope.

This is the joy of race-baiting white liberals. One can readily get them to reveal their real natures, wishes and views with a brief and facile display of overt bigotry.

EDIT: By the way, I happen to be an ultimate bigot, rather than a typical one. The difference? Typical bigots only have fun despising and belittling some people...
    Last edited by Vieux Normand; 11/11/2013 3:58pm at .
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 10111213 ... LastLast