Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/09/2013 2:48pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cap View Post
    Say what you will about French warfare, they've got an amazing talent for setting up defences were they're not getting attacked.
    ...and also for insufficient defense where they are being attacked, which is where my people got their homeland.

You keep claiming that most segregated ex-colony immigrants are just running back to an abusive parent, but the disenfranchised poor don't care who's ruling them.
    Is that why they never take steps to rule themselves?

They care about opportunities to change their lot, and you showed them that those were available in the West.
    No one showed monobrows any such thing. Their delusions are of their own making, which is the root of their bitter disappointment at their lot upon arrival in someone else's land.

And by what right shouldn't they?
    They have a perfect right to move anywhere they like...and end up segregated in concrete slums, if that's what tickles their fancy.

Because you were there first?
    We weren't. There were, among others, Celts, Romans, Franks (the Germanic tribe after whom the country is named). My own tribe didn't settle there until AD 911.

They were there first when France set up mercantile colonies.
    History fail. The monobrows of the Maghreb were far from first in that part of the world. Those who preceded them--prior to the expansion of Islam--were, among others, the Tuareg tribes.

Because you're a militarily stronger country? Hell, how about we just start referring to you as a province of China then?
    I'm sorry, would you kindly tell me when China invaded any part of France? Both are nuclear-weapons-wielding powers, so it might be an interesting--if glowing--scenario.

Ohh, just for shits and giggles, do explain how you improved that. Please.
    My point, bright light, was that what were barbaric shitholes before colonial powers arrived remained barbaric shitholes after decolonisation. The only ones deluded enough to think colonisation was anything but brutally-exploitive (and no, I'm not describing that state of affairs pejoratively: that's just what colonisers do), are the same poor souls now cooped up in de-facto prisons outside the major cities. That's what delusion will get you.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2013 6:45am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    We weren't. There were, among others, Celts, Romans, Franks (the Germanic tribe after whom the country is named). My own tribe didn't settle there until AD 911.
    I'm intrigued, what's your tribe?

What do you have to say about the following argument: More than a thousand years is enough to be assimilated, merged or formed anew into another human group so referring to long dead clans is a good point of referrence for historical studies and how there was a cultural evolution to the present, but by no means is a strong point of influence compared to more recent events?

I can also trace my ancestry to a couple cousins who lived in the 8th century! Hold me in a manly embrace to protect me from the invaders! <:D

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2013 7:24am

Style: judo, boxing -noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know Vcious Norman, the 'monobrows' had far advanced culture than you in middle ages. Babilon, Aleppo, Cordoba, Cairo, Alexandria, Damscus, Homs,.... all the capitols of knowledge, power and civilisation.

When old 'Urope kept pigs and filth in the cities and thought about mental diseases as demon possessions, the Arabs had musical and work therapy, advanced medicine, compass, sewers,....
    What went wrong? Religion and west playing them against each other for resources once it got itself up again. Perhaps the time will come again, when they'll be far above us once more. As I see, the stable countries are spending much on education in physics, maths,... 'Monobrows' are not just about terrorism and extremes.
    And they have a good strategic place right in the middle of Europe and Asia and can scheme all the cream of knowledge if they want. As they did once. Europe had learned and build much of its foundations from them.

So....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2013 7:36am

Style: Kickboxing, LGKF, Karate

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hold up, when did this turn from a thread discussing martial arts with real self-defense benefits to a thread about xenophobia and racism. I know subjects change but christ me...

Posted On:
    11/10/2013 7:59am

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarzis View Post
    I'm intrigued, what's your tribe?
    One that lived in a barbarian shithole called Scandinavia.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    11/10/2013 9:12am

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    One that lived in a barbarian shithole called Scandinavia.
    Of course, the chance of a Spaniard's legacy hailing from the same beautiful lands is pretty high....however, that is not the land to which VN refers.

da mobull app
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Posted On:
    11/10/2013 9:21am

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    Of course, the chance of a Spaniard's legacy hailing from the same beautiful lands is pretty high
    Well, tell that to Sarzis for I'm as Spaniard as VN is French.

....however, that is not the land to which VN refers.
    Yes it is.

His ancestors moved from Scandinavia to what today is called Normandy. When VN says 'My own tribe didn't settle there until AD 911' he refers to Treaty of Saint-Clair-sur-Epte.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2013 9:32am

Style: aikido

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    You're nowhere near it--battle mostly won.

So tell me, Matt...are you a First Nations individual? Not one of those non-natives who claim '1/16th Cherokee' or whatever, I mean an actual member of a First Nation.

Unlikely.

What is more likely is that you're a non-native living on land stolen from a First Nation. Yet, despite this nasty colonial/racist legacy to which you are an active participant, there you go, spewing your wide-eyed moralising-undergrad "can-we-all-get-along" schtick.
    So, because I, through no fault of my own, benefit from someone else's generations-old racist crimes, I am not allowed to have a problem with racism, or to want to prevent more racist crimes? That's some strange logic you have there.

There lies the difference, kid. I know I'm living on land taken from others (though not racially-different as such things are commonly-viewed today) way back in 911, by force and the threat of force. I make no bones about it and get on no self-righteous, hypocritical high horse when I encounter others whose legacy is likewise.

You, on the other hand, squeak political-correctness while, at the same time, living on land that was taken, on a racial basis, from peoples who were there before you. Shame on you. Until you return that land to the peoples from which it was taken, thy name is (pretending not to be) racist.\
    I didn't take land from anybody, and I don't have the power to return it to anybody. Except for one quarter-acre lot, it isn't my land. In the same way, France isn't your land. You didn't conquer it, you don't own it, and you don't run it, so it's pretty ridiculous to think you can decide who should and shouldn't live there.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    11/10/2013 9:46am

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    Well, tell that to Sarzis for I'm as Spaniard as VN is French.
    My mistake.

Yes it is.

His ancestors moved from Scandinavia to what today is called Normandy. When VN says 'My own tribe didn't settle there until AD 911' he refers to Treaty of Saint-Clair-sur-Epte.
    Normandy /= Scandinavia was my point.

Scandinavia = Beautiful country

Normandy = VN's Fatherland.....or something

da mobull app
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2013 9:59am

Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    Of course, the chance of a Spaniard's legacy hailing from the same beautiful lands is pretty high....however, that is not the land to which VN refers.

da mobull app
    Oh, no. I don't claim that. I claim that I can trace part of my family to a specific region all the way to the VIII century (supposedly, I personally believe the XIX century papers are just a copy of some XIII-XV forgeries so they had extra rights like not paying tribute and other liberties). **** me If I know what they looked like or what allegiances they held so far back.

But hey, granpa has blue eyes and used to have blonde hair. Can I has Normandy nao?
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast