Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/06/2013 3:21pm

Style: aikido

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    They have reason to be. From the Romans to my own ancestors, they've done nothing but lost territory, time and again. Kindly tell me why the **** they should be all welcoming and tolerant now.
    Because racism and intolerance are fucking stupid, that's why.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/06/2013 3:37pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TangSooDo/Yubiwaza

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, to sum up, the OP has been advised to hit the gym, learn sneaker fu, look tough but not too tough, get out of the 24-34 yr old demographic, and keep an eye out for monobrows. He should be ok from here on.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    11/06/2013 3:45pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OP, how do you imagine your assault going down if you had a few months of martial arts training?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/06/2013 3:58pm

Style: aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnMunchh View Post
    So, to sum up, the OP has been advised to hit the gym, learn sneaker fu, look tough but not too tough, get out of the 24-34 yr old demographic, and keep an eye out for monobrows. He should be ok from here on.
    TBH, Killface pretty much gave him all the answer he needed in the first reply: train something alive, train FMA if you want weapons training, don't expect superpowers out of martial arts training, run like hell. Everything after that was just for fun.

ORNYTHORINQUE!... BOIT-SANS-SOIF!... BACHI-BOUZOUK!

Posted On:
    11/06/2013 5:40pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    France is already someone's homeland, and new arrivals had better understand that and act accordingly--or go elsewhere.
    So were Algeria, Libya and New France. Are you trying to say that France has some magically granted right to emigrate that these countries don't? For an empire that was so intent on spreading "civilization" to the rest of the world through its culture, it sounds imbecilic now to hear anyone complain about these people coming to find that culture at its source.

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    11/06/2013 5:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Paris, France.
    Home of some of the best La Boxe-Française/Savate Défense/La Canne schools and a world class Judo culture.
    OP should start training in that, with the training comes the confidence and then he will not look like a typical victim.

The problem with Paris, Marseille, Nice and also Brussels (in Belgium) is that you can walk from a tourist safe neighberhood straight into a banlieu without knowing it and be already to far into it before realising it. Which can become very dangerous fast.
    Also there are a lot of places which have a drastical "character" change between daytime and night time. La Défense is such a place, during daytime a nice business center and after six o'clock completely deserted except some groups of people you don't really want to meet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiujitsu77
    You know you are crazy about BJJ/Martial arts when...
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee
    ...your books on Kama Sutra and BJJ are interchangeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jk55299 on Keysi Fighting Method
    It looks like this is a great fighting method if someone replaces your shampoo with superglue.
    The real deadly:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/06/2013 6:15pm

Style: MARS, Shooto

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First the comedy: I suggest not being such a puss that FRENCHIES rob you.

Now for the reelz: Learn Judo, MMA, Savate etc. Always a good start. Also educate yourself on what you did to put yourself in this situation. Crimes don't happen in a vacuum, they require motive, opportunity, etc.

So stop being in fringe areas alone, fix whatever makes you look like a mark (were you eyeing these guys nervously, or angrily or something? One says "rob me" the other says "I'm challenging you in your own domain")

And develop a street attitude. I grew up in the Mission/TL area of San Francisco (way scarier than Paris) and now have a habit of walking around looking grumpy. I go wherever I want with nary a second glance from most street toughs.

Also, check out Marc MacYoung's website. He's got a lot of great thoughts on the subject of self defense.

Posted On:
    11/07/2013 4:43am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know where the OP lives in Paris but I lived there for 5 years and I had know problems with being a victim of crime. Paris is abit dirty and rough but the way people are talking in this thread thinking its a ghetto is abit off.

Google crime stats of cities of the world and there are about 10 US cities considered more of a ghetto than Paris.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/07/2013 2:23pm

Style: judo, boxing -noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yep, it's funny, how 'murica down-talks 'frogs', when they have proven that they can kick ass over and over again.
    Once they even thought that a march through polar winter to Moscow would be a perfect joy-ride, after conquering virtually almost all the other Europe and some pieces of Africa.
    Wait, was that Germans!!??

Posted On:
    11/07/2013 3:09pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cap View Post
    So were Algeria, Libya and New France. Are you trying to say that France has some magically granted right to emigrate that these countries don't? For an empire that was so intent on spreading "civilization" to the rest of the world through its culture, it sounds imbecilic now to hear anyone complain about these people coming to find that culture at its source.
    Okay, genius, tell me why--after gaining independence from such a hated colonial power--would monobrows then want to go to the very place that spawned such unforgivable attitudes.

Once you've been terribly abused (begin violin here) and then having escaped the terrible abuser--why would you go to the place where he lives when you know there's a good chance you'll just get more abuse?
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast