Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/13/2013 9:12pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by killface View Post
    I AM German. So yes I am allowed to put the finger at you fuckers. In Germany we did quite a lot to make up for the crime of our ancestors. Well the German government but I pay taxes and vote so me included.
    This has to be because of a language barrier because if it isn't, wow. Nope, I am not arguing anything else, but this is pretty fucking stupid.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/13/2013 9:25pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    This has to be because of a language barrier because if it isn't, wow. Nope, I am not arguing anything else, but this is pretty fucking stupid.
    What part did you take issue with? Of course it is a bit over the top but it is true that Germany has done a better job at making up for the crimes than lets say Japan. And yes I know that the US government also provides reservation for native Americans and probably some other aid and stuff. I probably would not seriously claim to be morally superior to an US citizen.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/13/2013 9:33pm

supporting member
     Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Meh, I am too nice of a guy for this game. Vieux Normand come back and troll those people.
    It's not that you're too nice. It's simply that you don't make much sense.

Moral is depending on how many people agree with you? Seriously? It gets better and better.
    YOU are the one that said, "My morals which are supposed to apply universal", as if the morality system you subscribe to is one that is universally accepted by all people. If you think that's true than I submit that you don't get out of your house very much.

Wait what? Do you even logic? Even if you were right that would mean citizen are not responsible for the bad a government does (they are!) and that would mean I have totally not responsibility for the crimes committed. Makes me look even better.
    So if the people I vote for don't win the elections and the people who are elected do a bad job, I'm still responsible even though I'm not responsible for them being in office? You can't even make up your mind which way to go on this issue. You just keep changing your pitch to match my objections.

So you can not answer this. You made the claim of time is being relevant so you have to answer this. Or do you want to backtrack?

I never made up any theory regarding time and responsibility.
    As I said before, you seem to have an absolute answer and that answer is that time is irrelevant. If that's correct than at least have the guts to say so. If it's not correct than at least make your position clear.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/13/2013 10:10pm

Style: aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    What you do, hypocritical white apologist, is lower your head, reach for your wallet and whine "Oh okay, how much?" when the anti-racist "reparations" crowd appears with their shouted demands.
    Now you're just making **** up. You have no idea whether or not I do anything like that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/13/2013 11:00pm

Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalLegion View Post
    YOU are the one that said, "My morals which are supposed to apply universal", as if the morality system you subscribe to is one that is universally accepted by all people. If you think that's true than I submit that you don't get out of your house very much.
    Universally accepted is something different. The human rights are quite universally accepted AND supposed to be universal, as an example.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_morality

So if the people I vote for don't win the elections and the people who are elected do a bad job, I'm still responsible even though I'm not responsible for them being in office? You can't even make up your mind which way to go on this issue. You just keep changing your pitch to match my objections.
    Voting for the right people is better than voting for the wrong people. It is not a big deal but better than nothing. Yes you are responsible for the actions your government does and when they start building concentration camps it is yous responsibility to oppose them, violently.

Anyway. I am paying for the reparation with taxes. That is good enough for me. Ah and for the record: in the house of my "ancestors" now lives a Polish Family. They used to live in the part of Germany that belongs to Poland now.

As I said before, you seem to have an absolute answer and that answer is that time is irrelevant. If that's correct than at least have the guts to say so. If it's not correct than at least make your position clear.
    Your answer is: as long as it practical for YOU.
    My is: Instead of time the practical consideration is if there are still people alive that give a ****.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/13/2013 11:19pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I probably would not seriously claim to be morally superior to an US citizen.
    You are kidding right? Yes you would, in fact, you just did.
    So yes I am allowed to put the finger at you fuckers

That was the point I wanted to make. I can laugh at you hypocritical fuckers.
    This generalization means you are pointing at Americans. You know some of the posters you are currently arguing with right now. So yeah, it was pretty stupid before, but with the explanation it surpassed into village idiot level.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    11/13/2013 11:42pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While I fully realize that IIF has justifiably chastised me in the past for telling members to stop arguing stupid stuff on a message board, I just have one thing to say.

Nuke the thread from orbit. It's the only way to stop the idiocy.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/13/2013 11:50pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Universally accepted is something different. The human rights are quite universally accepted AND supposed to be universal, as an example.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_morality
    Except that only works in a theoretical framework; for example, while I would suppose that the crime of arson would universally seen as morally wrong, the same can't be said for, say, abortion. Moral universalism is not the end all, be all of the argument.

Voting for the right people is better than voting for the wrong people. It is not a big deal but better than nothing. Yes you are responsible for the actions your government does and when they start building concentration camps it is yous responsibility to oppose them, violently.
    How do you quantify 'right' and 'wrong' without resorting to extreme examples? If I vote for an administration that enacts legislation that creates benefits for the vast majority but that same legislation makes a minor hardship for a small minority, is that a bad or good government? Should that government be opposed? If so, by who? You're not really thinking this through.

Anyway. I am paying for the reparation with taxes. That is good enough for me. Ah and for the record: in the house of my "ancestors" now lives a Polish Family. They used to live in the part of Germany that belongs to Poland now.
    Good enough for you doesn't mean ****. You don't get to take credit by proxy...and unless you are the one who engineered the events that got Polish family your house then you don't get to take credit for that either.

Your answer is: as long as it practical for YOU.
    My is: Instead of time the practical consideration is if there are still people alive that give a ****.
    My answer is not that at all. My answer is: is it practical, period?

Oh, so it has to be "people"? What if it's just one person?

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/13/2013 11:53pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    While I fully realize that IIF has justifiably chastised me in the past for telling members to stop arguing stupid stuff on a message board, I just have one thing to say.

Okay, okay. Point taken. Serious thread de-rail anyways. I'll stop.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/14/2013 12:10am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post

No, this thread is terrible. The "I pay taxes, therefore I helped" was too hard to resist.
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 1415 LastLast