Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 11121314 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2013 6:43pm

Style: aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    VN appears to believe that he has won something.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/11/2013 9:43pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You guys scared him off.

Bullies (-:

Add as Friend Add as Friend
    Send Private Message Send Private Message
    Add to Ignore List Add to Ignore List
    Find latest posts Find latest posts
    Find latest started threads Find latest started threads

Last Activity
    11/02/2013 9:02pm

Posted On:
    11/12/2013 8:10am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    Well, tell that to Sarzis for I'm as Spaniard as VN is French.

Yes it is.

His ancestors moved from Scandinavia to what today is called Normandy. When VN says 'My own tribe didn't settle there until AD 911' he refers to Treaty of Saint-Clair-sur-Epte.
    If indeed VN can trace back his ancestry from both sides to this Scandinavian immigrant tribe, all the way to 911 AD as you say, well than he is quite the inbred. He is as much as an inbred as an Alsatian. But, of course this is BS, and he is as much a scandinavian as this white american claiming to be indian because he is 1/16 Cheruky. He is a disgruntled frenchman that lives as an immigrant in Canada, much like those mono-brows he loves. He eats frog legs, speaks french, drinks wine, quick to surrender and smells, just like a true frenchy.

Posted On:
    11/12/2013 8:45am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    It only does if you can come up with a definition of "race" that everyone agrees with. Caesar's commentaries on Celts make it clear he didn't consider them to be the same race as his own people. Edgar Allen Poe referred to the Usher clan as a "race". Today, the West deems complexion and similar continent of origin as sufficient to lump all sorts of peoples into the same "race", despite the vast differences that exist outside those two criteria.

Also, one would need criteria by which to judge "superiority", as the term means nothing without them. I assign the criterion of emotional self-control to measure superiority, but that's because of my job. The more fights I break up at work, the more likely I am to measure as inferior members of the groups who fight most often. One might reply that a lack of emotional self-control in a given ethnicity (leading to, say, such things as frequents fights and "honour killings") might be due more to cultural rather than genetic inferiority; however, if a culture values constant and uncontrolled rage in men, those are the men most likely to pass on their genes.

What racism is useful for is trolling.

As we've seen in this charming little thread, race-trolling at first brings the usual outraged reactions from those whose heads are filled with slogans rather than thoughts. Mental-sloganeers are so busy working themselves up to a socially-conscious fever pitch that they can't effectively dismantle positions that should be indefensible (positions I can dismantle as easily as I write them). There are plenty of posters here who could rebut those unacceptable positions, but they're doubtless having more fun reading the howls of outrage--predictable fun, but why not?

What then comes up with race-trolling is the picturesque display of hypocrisy by those who have benefitted from racism, and have nothing to redress their role in it, but take the easy route by decrying racism online. A classic example of talking the talk but not walking the walk involves those, like Owlmatt, who live on land taken from First Nations people, but have no intention of relinquishing it. No doubt it provides a comfortable and convenient place to rest the computer he uses to decry racism.

Even more quaint is stickybomb, whose description of colored people living simple off-the-land lives (they're such happy, sunny people--aren't they, sticky?) reminds one of Dan Quayle's classic "Samoans-as-happy-campers" quote.

Better yet is the ultimate motive for his heroic anti-racist stance: he loves "mulatto girls" (yep, no field-action for sticky--it's gotta be house). Maybe Slovenia's many "mulatto girls" will forget that he's referring to them by a term--coming from the word "mule"--is about as PC as "halfbreed", and line up to be the political merit-badge who both catches his dinner and gives him his nightly dose of chocolata-yaya. He can only hope.

This is the joy of race-baiting white liberals. One can readily get them to reveal their real natures, wishes and views with a brief and facile display of overt bigotry.

EDIT: By the way, I happen to be an ultimate bigot, rather than a typical one. The difference? Typical bigots only have fun despising and belittling some people...
    GOD DAMN! YOU ARE FUCKING SMART! it was all a ploy?? arrrr... you got us old man.... but seriously, you are so knowledgeable, mantling and dismantling opinions about race and ****, what is it you do for a living again? a university professor? a retired successful business man? I imagine you siting their in a smart suit, smoking a pipe from your comfortable leather chair, putting your feet up on a huge mahogany desk while typing this **** from a shiny little smart laptop..or even better dictating it to your sexy secretary..God you must be so successful..you sure sound like one:).
    So, what is that you do for a living?

Posted On:
    11/12/2013 1:54pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    GOD DAMN! YOU ARE FUCKING SMART! it was all a ploy??
    If, by that, you're suggesting that I wrote things I didn't mean, then that would be inaccurate. I meant every single 'unacceptable' word and phrase.

To elicit picturesque displays of knee-jerk outrage, stereotypes cannot be entirely off. There must be a kernel of truth in there somewhere. The image of the money-grasping jew, for instance--jews were often not allowed to own land where they settled...or if they were, they had to make sure they had enough liquid assets to take with them if they needed to flee the next pogrom. It was a survival measure that gave birth to a stereotype. If an antisemite writes that jews are all death-metal fanatics who drive taxi-cabs off cliffs, nobody would give that the time of day--certainly not enough to squeak moral outrage at it. There's just no truth to that image.

Trolling, likewise, gets no entertaining responses unless the troll means what he says. Using stereotypes of malodorous mid-eastern monobrows mass-migrating to other countries, only to be cooped up in concrete slums, has enough truth to elicit some quaint shows of moral disapproval.

Accusing North American First Nations of being insufficiently racist and xenophobic to throw the Europeans back to the sea from which they came, when there was the chance to do so, and demonstrating this as an instance where racism and xenophobia would actually have been a wise option (given what has happened to them since), gets a similar reaction from the "racism-is-always-bad" knee-jerks.

When race-baiting is the game, the goal is to dig up hypocrisy in the walking-apology crowd. The guy who lives on land stolen from another race all the while decrying racism, or the other guy who--also trying to be all correct, describes the "simple lives of colored people" and voicing fantasies about "mulatto girls".

I find bigots who pretend not to be bigots amusing. It's fun to dig them out. That's what I "won". Some cheap fun. Was the internet supposed to be for something else?

So, what is that you do for a living?
    I decontaminate nightclubs. Why? What do you do? (Please don't repeat the claim that you teach English; thanks in advance.)

Posted On:
    11/12/2013 2:03pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    ...lives as an immigrant in Canada...
    Wrong.

But hey, no problem--such errors are expected from such as you.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/12/2013 4:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The guy living on the land stolen from North American First nations isn't really profiting from anything unless that person actually owns the land. If he's renting the land from someone else, he can't really give it back. He may be 'profiting' from the fact that he has a place to live, but then again, he didn't actually choose to be born in a country that stole a lot of it's land from other people.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/12/2013 6:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's a video:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/12/2013 7:40pm

Style: aikido

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalLegion View Post
    The guy living on the land stolen from North American First nations isn't really profiting from anything unless that person actually owns the land. If he's renting the land from someone else, he can't really give it back. He may be 'profiting' from the fact that he has a place to live, but then again, he didn't actually choose to be born in a country that stole a lot of it's land from other people.
    Not to mention the fact that he didn't steal and the people it was stolen from have been dead for 150 years, so there is no one to give it back to. VN's ideas only make sense in his own warped world where races are single entities who can collectively take credit and blame for the actions for all of their individual members throughout history.

Posted On:
    11/12/2013 7:53pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

Hell yeah! Hell no!
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 11121314 ... LastLast