Style
    KB
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Tring Martial Arts

I have been training at Tring martial arts for several years - does anyone have anything to say about it as I am thinking of leaving - MR W

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have moved your inquiry to "Newbietown". I have found the website. Looks like an so so okay place. If you're unhappy then leave, if you're happy stay. It would really help if we knew exactly why you want to leave and what your goals are.

Style
    TKD, CMA & American Kenpo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know anything about the school, but welcome to Bullshido.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    You can not intellectualize your way to being a competent fighter.

Style
    Kickboxing, MT, Sub-wrest
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's hard to say much with little context to the reasons you are leaving. Had a look at the website and it doesn't look too bad. I'm just guessing here but I'd say you don't do much if any sparring there, should imagine the stuff you do is probably no contact.

I say this because the place looks more like a fitness gym than a fighting gym, no mention of fighters on the page or anything of the such and most what the site mentions is "kicking people back to shape"

So going by that I'm assuming the gyms primary goal is for fitness, getting people out, teaching them a few kickboxing moves and getting them fit and in shape. Honestly, there's nothing wrong with that. I've seen no mention of the gym teaching you to be the deadliest warrior and is more claiming a fun and friendly environment.

There's nothing wrong with a gym teaching people just to get into shape and get a bit of confidence. Some people don't really like going to martial arts gyms for the sparring and like to go in there just to get in shape and kick pads rather than getting hurt. This seems to be one of those gyms.

I'm using my powers of assumption to assume that you're wanting a gym with more contact and a more fighting orientated gym then if that's the case I doubt this is the gym for you.

Again, like I said, without any context or information about the gym from yourself then all I've got is the website to go by so can't really say much.