Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    10/31/2013 9:50pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Reilly Bodycomb Seminar in NYC - 11/23

New York Combat Sambo alum, Reilly Bodycomb, will help us celebrate our new school location with a No-Gi Top Control and Leg Lock seminar! This is a rare opportunity to learn from one of the top grapplers and domestic Sambo players around!

Saturday, November 23rd from 12-3pm.
    Seminar is at NY Combat Sambo. www.nycombatsambo.com
    225 West 26th street - 3rd floor
    NY, NY

Seminar Prices:
    Pre register via Paypal: $50
    At the door: $60

You ARE NOT considered registered until we receive payment. We are capping this event at 25 persons, so jump on this ASAP! As of this posting, we are about half full.

You can per-register by sending $50 via paypal to samboinfo@yahoo.com or by registering in person at the club.

Facebook event page:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/463330957119460/
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

"disgruntled ex student who couldn't hack training with Dave and his material and opted out (could be called pussied out) of training to go to Sambo" - Mor Sao

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    11/23/2013 4:32am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hope this goes well. Stick, Shadowdean and I did a seminar at NYCS with Steve back a few years ago and it was awesome. Steve basically created my Leg Lock game. Everything I been doing since such as 1LX, 50/50 has been me adding to the game Steve taught me based on what ruleset I am fighting. If I was still living on the East Coast of the US I would be there in a heartbeat.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    12/04/2013 5:05pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sweet, Reilly recorded it and put it online. I just bought my copy.

http://www.rdojo.com/toprock.html

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    12/06/2013 12:46pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can’t believe this thread is getting no responses. That makes me sad.

Anyway, I’ve watch around half of the seminar so far. To say it right off it was a good buy. When purchasing Instructionals, if I have 1 thing to add to my game I consider it a good buy. What I liked about this download was the “name your price feature.” You can buy the seminar for a little as $10 and if you feel it is worth more you can go back to the site and pay more.

The seminar starts off with the Tripod Ankle Lock. This was great. I remember a friend of mine swinging by Reilly’s gym earlier in the year and he was raving about this ankle lock. However, when he was trying to drill it on me he really couldn’t get the tap so I dismissed it. In addition to Reilly explaining it very well, it really came at the right time for me. I been working heavily on ankle lock counters to DLR guard, however, I been focusing on the hooking leg as attacking the free leg has in the past resulted in too often losing 2 points for the sweep if they had any decent foot lock defense. I liked how he addresses falling back into the ankle lock vs driving forward into it. It fits nicely into Roli Delgado “Crushing” Cross Ankle Lock in the sense of driving forward when extension back is impossible or too risky. I am hoping to drill it more soon. The fact that it is IBJJF legal is an added bonus.

The seminar moves then into the Inverted Heel Hook with particular attention to the back step setup. I have mixed feeling on this. Not because it a poor technique, actually the exact opposite. This setup has been a cornerstone of my No-Gi game for the last year and I am sad to see it in such a public format. However, the inverted heel hook to ankle lock transition is gold. I find myself in that situation a lot.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    12/06/2013 12:55pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I took the $10 option, because I am cheap. Was worth easily twice as much for the details on the tripod ankle lock alone.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    12/14/2013 10:49am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just popping in to say I used Reilly's Knee cut to Back step to Vegan Mount today. It worked great as a guard pass.

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    12/14/2013 2:50pm

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Went with the cheap 10dollar option as well - as I am still out due to injury, it is a great thing to watch. Can't wait to get back on the mat and drill this stuff. My leg lock game sucks big time.

Thanks Plasma for linking to the downloadable video!

And thanks to Steve, who is seen on the video, probably playing Simpsons tapped out while Reilly is explaining... :D

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal