Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/11/2013 4:42pm

Style: Brazillian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I did a tiny bit of digging earlier in the thread to see if he had any MABS worthy dirt to dig up, but I'm just not seeing where he's making false claims about his rank. I just don't see what's there to investigate. Sure, he's full of ****, but the **** he's spewing isn't false claims about his martial arts rank, it's more stupid opinions and homophobic rants.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/11/2013 4:55pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nothing wrong with starting a MABS thread on a character. We have threads that go nowhere, threads that find the guy legit and our favorites that end up with a ton of facts proving the guy is full of ****.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/11/2013 5:02pm

Style: Brazillian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well he's definitely full of ****...

Posted On:
    12/11/2013 5:14pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ, Judo, Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The man is an idiot, but he's not lying about being a cop.

Chicago Tribune October 18, 2009: Northwestern University police officer alleges discrimination, files federal complaint by Dan Simmons (bit.ly/18DHmmF)

A Chinese-American police officer at Northwestern University has filed a racial discrimination claim against the university for what he described as a pattern of verbal harassment by white peers and supervisors.

Freddie Lee, 27, who was hired by the department in September 2005, has been on paid administrative leave since Sept. 10, with orders to stay off campus. He filed his claim last month with the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
    Northwestern University Police FAQ: Where does University Police derive its authority and do they have police powers? (bit.ly/1gq5LBa)

University Police Officers have the same full law enforcement powers and responsibilities under state law as municipal police officers and county sheriffs. They must complete a state approved police academy and firearms training.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/12/2013 9:49pm

Style: Judo, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I live in IL and have graduate degrees from IL colleges. I have known some campus cops.

From what I understand, the Illinois State Police academy is highly selective and is a 6 month bootcamp type experience. Local police training academies are not nearly as selective or as long. Being an Illinois State Police officer is highly prestigious. Being a local cop just means the local department hired you on and you were sent to a local community college training program. That program has to be approved by the State Police, but it is not even close to the same thing as the State Police Academy. Because most cities around this part of the country run on nepotism and cronyism, you get some real winners sprinkled in there.

If Lee wanted to be honest he would have said I served a week as a campus cop at Northwestern College and was immediately terminated. Instead he tries to make himself sound like an ISP officer.

If he wanted to be honest he would call himself a beginning student of Kung Fu and not Sifu.

If he wanted to be honest he wouldn't have said he was the head of United Fighters.
    He would have said that he and a couple of equally inexperienced, beginning martial arts students used to play around in their free time.

If he has any sense, he would have joined the Kung Fu group that was operating at Purdue at the time. Purdue has the largest enrollment of international students in the entire country. There is a HUGE Chinese community there and the instruction is top notch. I lived across the street from a department store that had gone out of business. Every morning there were anywhere from 20-50 people doing Tai Chi in the parking lot with swords and the whole regalia. Most of these were Chinese nationals.

Purdue and the surrounding community has very long and solid history of Chinese martial arts. If he was a Kung Fu man, what the hell was he doing jerking around with two other inexperienced students? What a blown opportunity.
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021