224714 Bullies, 3892 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 191 to 200 of 205
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101617181920 21 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,975

    Posted On:
    12/11/2013 9:14am

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow. He has equal experience in the Chun as me. That's terrible.
  2. OwlMatt is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    890

    Posted On:
    12/11/2013 10:01am


     Style: aikido

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Videos seem to indicate that Lee actually has students, he has already published a book and is selling it (though I assume not very successfully), and he is making questionable claims about law enforcement experience. At what point does someone become MABS-worthy?
  3. kamadul is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    259

    Posted On:
    12/11/2013 10:12am


     Style: Judo, Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by xstyle View Post
    One of Freddies newest videos he does some online interview and details his experience. 2 years of Choy Li Fut, 2 years of Wing Chun and then organized some university training group where he met a Taekwondo and JKD guy and showed each other stuff. That little experience and now he's a master of martial arts, calls himself sifu and trashes every other style and practioner. What a moron.
    WOW! I took as much Wing Chun as him and I barely know anything.
  4. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,975

    Posted On:
    12/11/2013 12:39pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlMatt View Post
    he is making questionable claims about law enforcement experience.
    This part isn't entirely true. Actually, this:
    I also like he tries to make himself sound like he was part of the Illinois State Police, when in fact he was a campus cop at a local college.
    This could be wrong depending on the college where he worked.
    For example,
    In 1957, the Illinois State University Police Department was established by the Illinois Legislature and its officers were given full police powers as one of the state police entities. Today, the Illinois State University Police Department consists of 25 sworn officers, and is one of the most progressive university police departments, not only within Illinois, but throughout the nation. The department has been recognized by the Police Foundation, Police Executive Research Forum, Police Training Institute, International Association of Women Police, and the Russian Police University for its professionalism and high standards of training. The department strives to be a microcosm of the community it serves and has had great success recruiting minorities, women, and university graduates to its ranks. Outreach is our “hallmark,” with numerous programs being offered by the department to enhance both a sense of understanding and community.
    http://police.illinoisstate.edu/about/
    I'll have to listen to the video to hear his claims. Many people believe a campus cop is a higher level security guard. In some states you'd be utterly wrong.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 12/11/2013 12:47pm at .
  5. Permalost is online now
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,553

    Posted On:
    12/11/2013 12:45pm

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What the goddamn hell is this word "Philosia" he keeps using?
  6. OwlMatt is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    890

    Posted On:
    12/11/2013 1:17pm


     Style: aikido

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    This part isn't entirely true. Actually, this:

    This could be wrong depending on the college where he worked.
    For example,

    http://police.illinoisstate.edu/about/
    I'll have to listen to the video to hear his claims. Many people believe a campus cop is a higher level security guard. In some states you'd be utterly wrong.
    That's why I called them "questionable" and not false.

    Lee cites his law enforcement experience as if it were a qualification for being a martial arts instructor, and claims experience with and knowledge of firearms. If it turns out he was the kind of campus cop who never fired a gun and spent most of his time writing tickets in the student lot, that makes his story pretty laughable (or more accurately, more laughable than it already is).

    Now, it could be that Lee was a cop at the kind of university with its own dedicated real-deal police force. But that's a question worth asking, especially considering his claim to have been improperly dismissed from the police department over racial issues.
    Last edited by OwlMatt; 12/11/2013 1:36pm at .
  7. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,975

    Posted On:
    12/11/2013 3:42pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know what "questionable" means and my statement still stands. Good lord, if you are going to be pedantic get it right. "False" or "questionable," neither negate my comment. Did you miss the word COULD in my post, or are you being an ass because you want to start a MABS thread? Go start it. I'm pointing out the Campus Cop vs State Cop argument isn't always true.

    The rest of your argument has a huge logical fallacy I'm not touching.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 12/11/2013 3:47pm at .
  8. CapnMunchh is offline

    Welterweight

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    792

    Posted On:
    12/11/2013 3:45pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TangSooDo/Yubiwaza

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    What the goddamn hell is this word "Philosia" he keeps using?
    I think he means "Phellatio."
  9. OwlMatt is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    890

    Posted On:
    12/11/2013 3:57pm


     Style: aikido

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I'm pointing out the Campus Cop vs State Cop argument isn't always true.
    And I was saying that I already understand that. I wasn't trying to "negate" your comment. My apologies.

    Back to my original question. Is Lee MABS-worthy or would that be a waste of time and effort?
  10. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,975

    Posted On:
    12/11/2013 4:05pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlMatt View Post
    Back to my original question. Is Lee MABS-worthy or would that be a waste of time and effort?
    or are you being an ass because you want to start a MABS thread? Go start it.
    Now, I am being a pedantic asshole.
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101617181920 21 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.