Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    11/05/2013 3:42pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by miles123 View Post
    Just took a moment to read the reviews on his book. There's a couple of 5 star ratings that all sound pretty similar. These people must be dumb, or not actually exist.
    No, he actually has devoted followers, like Chosun Ninja or Luke Holloway. His YouTube channel has video testimonials.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/06/2013 6:32pm

Style: Kickboxing, LGKF, Karate

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cualltaigh View Post
    When really, for the reasonable price of $200/month it's a wonder why anyone would pick mma over this level of badassery:

p.s. "crosses"
    The guy is aware that he's supposed to fill that thing with sand or water first right? right?...

I'm not the most skilled of martial artists but I think I could have landed three hits on him, sprinted to one end of the gym and back, then still got back in time to duck before that punch landed...

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/08/2013 8:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Taiji/Hsingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovvolf View Post

I'm not the most skilled of martial artists but I think I could have landed three hits on him, sprinted to one end of the gym and back, then still got back in time to duck before that punch landed...

Not disimilar to this piece of badassery:

and from the comments:

" seriously that was beautiful.The whole sequence was enlighting.My favorite part though when you were finished and were walking.You REALLY REALLY did look like one of the old Martial Arts masters.That confident walk with the hands behind the back.You already have a beautiful artistic style but that finish added +10 Bonus Points!!"

Says it all really.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2013 10:23pm

Style: Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Resonance10 View Post

and from the comments:

" seriously that was beautiful.The whole sequence was enlighting.My favorite part though when you were finished and were walking.You REALLY REALLY did look like one of the old Martial Arts masters.That confident walk with the hands behind the back.You already have a beautiful artistic style but that finish added +10 Bonus Points!!"

Says it all really.
    my favourite part was when he finished and walked away too, probably not for the same reasons as the poster you quoted though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/09/2013 12:59am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

and from the comments:

Says it all really.
    There's white belts in my karate class that have better kicks than this guy (I'd argue even my own Karate white belt arse)...

If I want to see a demonstration of Taekwondo inspired techniques then I think I'll stick to this guy...

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    11/09/2013 4:33am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

WOW! I am so underwhelmed. The only saving grace is that he isn't morbidly obese. The scary part is that people will watch that video, think those are viable techniques and go sign up for his class.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/09/2013 5:10am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    WOW! I am so underwhelmed. The only saving grace is that he isn't morbidly obese. The scary part is that people will watch that video, think those are viable techniques and go sign up for his class.
    I only wish I could hear how he explains his techniques to his students. "The key to this kick is to lightly place it on your opponents chest which will... I don't know... Mildly annoy them?... ... ....MMA IS **** LOOK AT MY ABS!!! Grrrrr"

Posted On:
    11/09/2013 2:14pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    Go ahead and try to deny it: those techniques demonstrate highly realistic preparation for violent encounters with armless, legless and widely-impaled assailants.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/09/2013 9:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

and from the comments:

Says it all really.
    Noob question, but is the base even filled with anything? And shouldn't he be doing this without shoes, like wearing foot wraps at the most? Isn't part of the drill in using one of those to toughen the striking surfaces of the hands and feet?

I mean, I know that there's a lot that I don't know, but for Sifu....he doesn't seem to be doing...I dunno...Sifu-like things.....

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/09/2013 10:31pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The shoes part no. It is good to train both ways. Kicking with shoes is different they affect your balance, weight and power generation.
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41011121314 15161718 ... LastLast