...has all your Jing.

Posted On:
    11/02/2013 6:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, baby! Yeah!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JinRew View Post
    .... and dit da jow(you drink that ****, right?)
    No, you don't.

It's apparent that Freddie Lee doesn't know this either...
    "So, yeah, Zen teachers may well insult you, work you to the bone, hit you with sticks, shout verbal abuse at you, and punch the **** out of you.
    And when the ****'s been punched out of you, you might just find that you're far better-off without it." - Vieux Normand

"So in short, BJJ wins again. BJJ, and chainmail." - TheMightyMcClaw

"On bullshido, your opinions are not sacred, neither are your feelings." - Scrapper

"You entered the lions' den. Don't bitch if you get eaten." - danniboi07

"Needless to say, it's much easier to clear a bunch of drunk kids out of your house when you're yelling GTFO and carrying a samurai sword." - DerAuslander

"Eventually, I realized it doesn't matter what art you train, what matters is the method in which you train. Training in an alive manner, under skilled and qualified instruction, is the single most important aspect of gaining martial skill. All else is window dressing." - JNP : Saying it how it is!

Posted On:
    11/03/2013 2:38pm

Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I get the feeling that if Frankie's ramblings could be fully deciphered, he would be neck-deep in legal woes.

Of course, maybe his written word is probably far easier to understand:
    http://www.amazon.com/Reflections-Vo...fu+freddie+lee
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    11/03/2013 8:01pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While he can delete comments on his Youtube, he cannot delete the ones on Amazon. If you're going to be posting a review, remember to keep them appropriate and truthful. If you're quoting one of his videos, make sure to use (EXPLETIVE) instead of actually typing out the exact words. Don't do anything that might violate Amazon's TOS, and don't do anything other than expose the truth.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/03/2013 8:21pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kathy Long looks like Sarah Connor.

See?

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/03/2013 9:04pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ha ha hahahahahaha

So, I take it someone doesn't understand what closest means.
    http://combativecorner.wordpress.com...o-shannon-lee/

Shannon Lee I completely disagree with you. You may be Bruce’s daughter by blood but that does not mean you know anything about true Martial Arts. The spirit of the Martial Arts is not passed on by blood, but the understanding comes from within and it’s an individual experience. Yes, Bruce was into studying real combat but UFC is not real. His art is not about being a complete fighter, his art is about being a complete HUMAN BEING. And yes, he teaches to be able to handle yourself in any situation you find yourself in by learning “The art of fighting without fighting” (as he stated in his film, Enter the Dragon). Bruce Lee’s movies, his writings (and interviews) speak for him. Sorry Ms. Shannon Lee, you don’t have to speak for him… And UFC is NOT the closest that you can get to real fighting. Real fighting only occurs in real life – away from the cameras. In real life, real fighting occurs spontaneously, not in controlled environments designed for entertainment for profit. Real fighting many times will involve real death and real jail time.

Bruce’s movies portray something much more real than UFC will ever portray.
    Why am I laughing?

Real fighting only occurs in real life – away from the cameras. In real life, real fighting occurs spontaneously, not in controlled environments designed for entertainment for profit.
    Bruce’s movies portray something much more real than UFC will ever portray.
    Pretend choreographed fighting is more real than unscripted rules based fighting. But didn't you just say " the real" happens away from cameras? So, that would eliminate both not the one you do not like.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 11/03/2013 11:32pm at .

Posted On:
    11/03/2013 9:21pm

Style: BJJ/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

I get the feeling that if Frankie's ramblings could be fully deciphered, he would be neck-deep in legal woes.

Of course, maybe his written word is probably far easier to understand:
    http://www.amazon.com/Reflections-Vo...fu+freddie+lee
    I wonder if the guys from Carlson's Academy would Gong Sau this guy if they got word of this video?
    Quote Originally Posted by Newb1 View Post

B) I could not beat a Judoka with Aikido. I could only beat an Aikidoka with Aikido. I thought that was understook.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/03/2013 9:38pm

Style: aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Ha ha hahahahahaha

So, I take it someone doesn't understand what closest means.
    http://combativecorner.wordpress.com...shannon-lee/Ms.

Why am I laughing?

Pretend choreographed fighting is more real than unscripted rules based fighting. But didn't you just say " the real" happens away from cameras? So, that would eliminate both not the one you do not like.
    That's the one that was put up on FB, right? My favorite part about that one was that he called MMA meaningless entertainment for profit and then said he got his martial arts truth from movies.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/03/2013 9:41pm

Style: Boxing, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just took a moment to read the reviews on his book. There's a couple of 5 star ratings that all sound pretty similar. These people must be dumb, or not actually exist.

Posted On:
    11/03/2013 9:53pm

Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Dad View Post
    I wonder if the guys from Carlson's Academy would Gong Sau this guy if they got word of this video?
    I mean....would you really want to watch that? There are only two possible outcomes here: 1) GJJ chokes out sifu within 20 seconds and sifu leaves having learned nothing, or 2) This clown get his choice of rules and we're left with another silly fucking slapboxing "sparring" video.

Either way, does anybody truly win?
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/03/2013 10:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On a somewhat related note, I see a lot of Wing Chun people using the Ip Man movie as a retort to videos where Chun players lose fights.

^ Reality.

^ Fantasy.
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12131415 ... LastLast