Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/03/2013 1:25pm

supporting member
     Style: Bartitsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post

What is the differance between a morning star and a flail anyway?
    Any weapon that consists of a haft, a flexible link and one or more "clubs" could be described as a flail. The morning star is specifically a spiked ball and chain weapon.

Posted On:
    11/03/2013 5:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    **** you you snob

I show you salt of the earth vid of me flailing and you turn up your nose

'Oh no, I only use one handed flails. Those two handed flails are just for rough workman types'

I expect daddy bought your effete one handed flail for you didn't he?

Come the revolution dude!
    Wait that was you in that vid?? So thou arst a peasant?? Well technically anyone can be a freelancer I guess. Actually though I can't pay for the fancy **** like two handers, I only have the cheapo one handed with a spiked ball on the end.

Quote Originally Posted by DdlR View Post
    Any weapon that consists of a haft, a flexible link and one or more "clubs" could be described as a flail. The morning star is specifically a spiked ball and chain weapon.
    Are all of the spiked ball ones called morning stars?? I thought those were just the ones with the larger spikes.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/03/2013 5:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Bartitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Wait that was you in that vid?? So thou arst a peasant?? Well technically anyone can be a freelancer I guess. Actually though I can't pay for the fancy **** like two handers, I only have the cheapo one handed with a spiked ball on the end.

Are all of the spiked ball ones called morning stars?? I thought those were just the ones with the larger spikes.
    I would seriously not recommend training with a cheap ball and chain weapon.

You can easily and cheaply make a facsimile two-handed flail good enough for training or sparring as shown in the videos I linked to earlier, just by securely attaching a padded "club" to a strong staff. A short Nerf baseball bat would be fine as long as the attachment was strong enough and you had some protective equipment (fencing mask and padded gloves at minimum).

The slang phrase "morning star" (in various languages) was used to refer to any weapon whose business end was a spiked ball. Note that the more standard "morning star" was a spiked ball on the end of a club; the closest I can come up with for the type of flexible weapon you're describing was called a kettenmorgenstern (chain-morning-star) in German.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12