Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/13/2013 7:43pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Every time I get on the mat. Boy does it feel good to when you as I like to put it semi-legitimately catch them with something.

Legitimate that they didn't let you get it, semi in that you got it while they were NOT actively trying to kill you.
    Early on I somehow managed to catch a kick and get very close to getting a takedown. I think that really pissed him off, because the next time I tried to do it he used that as a setup for the three kick combo of instant pain.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2014 3:15am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well a combination of a sore throat, holiday closures, and me being up to my eyeballs in schoolwork/college apps kept me out of the gym for almost a month. I went back in last week and holy **** it is amazing how fast you forget stuff. My timing and technique feels like it went back to square one. The good news is that now that within the next week or so my workload is going to drop like a brick and I'll be able to commit to training four days a week (maybe five if I can find time to start attending the FMA class for footwork purposes).

The other good news, is that my conditioning has seriously improved. When I first decided to start training and engage in "clean eating" back in September I weighed upwards of 165lbs. Now I am below 150, and I'm hoping to get down to 135 within the next few months. Yes, I was delusional about how much I should actually weigh. Considering how short I am I need to be light on my feet. Now if you folks will excuse me, I need to shut up and train.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/21/2014 8:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Down at least another five pounds. I also tried Judo for the first time today, and I fucking loved it. Going to try to get over to Obukan in the next few weeks for sure now. At this point I think it might be time to rename the thread. It's more about me building an MMA game than exclusively doing MT at this point.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/22/2014 8:15pm

Style: Western Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ghost, try moving your a little to slip the punch or most of the power off the punch. Think Ali and Silva. V. Silva was because he was pulling his head straight back. I am five foot five and was at 155 # boxing those six footers. Sliding (stepping/moving ) their power hand will help you get inside their longer reach to deliver your attack. Get in front of a full lenght mirror and practice the correct stance and throwing kicks and punches till everything is coming automatically to the correct positions. Keep your hands up when you kick. Joe

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/01/2014 12:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am now below 140lbs. Woohoo! I also stopped skipping leg day after I had trouble getting an armbar due to a distinct lack of leg strength.

Unfortunately, a lot of bullshit in my life completely outside of my control has been making regularly making it to training really hard (I cannot drive), but I have been going whenever I can, and I still manage to lift four time a week.

However, there is good news. It turn out that on top of having one of my english teachers being a shodan in judo (I started training with him friday afternoons sometime in late February), one of the chem teachers at my school is a sandan in judo and she is going to be joining us.

Also, in September I will be moving to Munich (and I will be staying there for 11 months). Do you guys have any MMA gyms there you would recommend? I am considering going [link=http://www.munich-mma.de/]here[/link], but if anyone has some advice that would lead me to go somewhere else I would be more than open to hearing it.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123