• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/17/2014 10:23am

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know. Non-rifled sniper bullets? Not likely. But then again, the things the military industrial complex comes up with these days simply astound me. I mean, I would've explained the Fury shot as a thermal image scoped rail gun rifle. What do you think? 20 years out? Not out of scope for advanced SHIELD/HYDRA tech.

I just go with it now. I had my epiphany about that during the first GI Joe movie when they had to expose the nanobots to a centrifuge in order to weaponize them. At first I was all like: "Wha?" But then I realized I'd come to the movies to watch ninjas fighting each other while dodging bullets.

Let it go. I promise it will be more fun.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/17/2014 11:04am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Styygens View Post
    Cinematic U Cap and Ultimates Cap are both powered a bit beyond the original base for U-616 Cap. Rapid healing, super strength, handwavium... But, yeah... That fall from the elevator strained my credulity.
    Golden/Bronze Age Cap does everything in the movie. They weakened him in the late 80s and nineties and made him a Batman Character with Superman Altruism. As to the elevator leap, you haven't read Captain America comics on a regular basis. The best part of the movie for me was watching all the nerdy crap straight from the comics. Yes, even his quick recovery from KOs. Heck Ultimate Cap is taken straight from the WWII original Cap from the use of guns to having no problem killing bad guys.

The only thing that was slightly off was getting shot.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/17/2014 1:54pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When it comes to costumes, the movies seem to be drawing a lot form the Ultimate universe.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/17/2014 2:18pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    When it comes to costumes, the movies seem to be drawing a lot form the Ultimate universe.
    Hawkeye and Cap, the rest are much closer to the regular universe.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/17/2014 2:18pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Hawkeye and Cap, the rest are much closer to the regular universe.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/17/2014 2:30pm

Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Speaking of Batroc: between the hair and the beard, I completely missed that it was GSP. I watched that movie twice thinking "why does this guy look so familiar?"

Speaking of Batroc: between the hair and the beard, I completely missed that it was GSP. I watched that movie twice thinking "why does this guy look so familiar?"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/18/2014 1:34pm

Style: Wrestle, Kickbox, Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is the Agents of Shield TV show considered canon for the movie universe? They have one scene last season where a 'chemically enhanced' character (who is now becoming Deathlok) is shown training by pushing this gigantic piece of construction equipment down a field like its a football sled, then he asks the trainer if he beat Captain America's record (told "not even close")...was the Golden/Bronze age Cap that strong? Definitely superhuman...that thing weighed tons, and if I remember correctly it wasn't rolling down the field, he was using brute force...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/18/2014 2:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let it go. I promise it will be more fun.
    Exactly. This is the attitude I started taking towards Marvel movies quite some time ago. If you don't, you will be consistently disappointed.
    I think the reason I would rank this latest installment much higher than the previous one's is the fact that it at least attempts to take on a less adolescent tone.The subject matter is just a tad darker, themes of betrayal, the grey area between good and evil, freedom and its costs etc. are all touched upon.
    At the very least it offers a bit of a commentary on some contemporary issues that are haunting the American public.
    At the end of the day, the Winter Soldier movie may not capture the level of seriousness that the Brubaker scripts offer, but its not bad.
    I thought it was neat that they inserted Batroc the Leaper into the storyline, and GSP was a good choice.
    The Falcon character was updated and handled nicely as well. They even found room for a hint of his original occupation in the script. Fans of the Bronze Age will recall that Sam Wilson was introduced as a Harlem social worker in the early storylines.

I am wondering what the plans are for that SHIELD operative who betrays Cap and dukes it out with the Falcon. Did anyone catch his characters' name ? Are they planning on bringing him back as Deathlok or perhaps The Constrictor ?
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/18/2014 2:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ohhh..I just checked IMDB.
    So that's their plan..
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/18/2014 2:49pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yep, like that they gave his back story now instead of in the next movie. Cool and sneaky. Yep, learned long ago to only get mad when they royally screw something up, like Venom in Spiderman 3.

Oh and they introduced Dethlok in the TV show.

if he beat Captain America's record (told "not even close")...was the Golden/Bronze age Cap that strong? Definitely superhuman...that thing weighed tons, and if I remember correctly it wasn't rolling down the field, he was using brute force...
    Cap was able to knock the Hulk Down, sling humans around and do many of the things you see in the new movie. They used to have "street level" characters in the 90s. So, he became enhanced, but not super strong. He was relegated to Daredevil, Black Panther, Shang Chi and Iron Fist level characters. Then the Ultimates took him back to original levels and it bled back into the regular universe.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 4/18/2014 2:55pm at .
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011 LastLast