Administrator

Posted On:
    4/15/2014 7:14pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Browning View Post
    As to Natasha being one of daredevil's woman.

I am very disappointed that the writers at Marvel allow her to have relations with a filthy lawyer when Cap is available. Perhaps they will not force her to date degenerates in the future!
    Actually, she was an evil slimy spy before they added her to the Avengers line up. So, she would fit right in with a "filthy" lawyer.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/15/2014 7:35pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Actually, she was an evil slimy spy before they added her to the Avengers line up. So, she would fit right in with a "filthy" lawyer.
    Wasn't she introduced in the comics as a Russian spy at Stark Industries?

Posted On:
    4/15/2014 7:36pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Browning View Post
    As to Natasha being one of daredevil's woman.

I am very disappointed that the writers at Marvel allow her to have relations with a filthy lawyer when Cap is available. Perhaps they will not force her to date degenerates in the future!
    Still better than Tony Stark from Ultimate Marvel

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/15/2014 8:01pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/15/2014 8:09pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Daredevil claims his radar sense makes him feel like he's touching everything at once. Essentially, that means he's in the cooch before the rest of us can even smell it. There's a downside to super senses, though:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/prematur...es-would-suck/

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/16/2014 10:25am

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great movie. Probably one of Marvel's best since this whole comic book film festival began.
    Obviously, things from the original winter storyline were altered for the script to allow for the whole inner conspiracy thing. But I thought it was a good film, much better than the first Cap flick and definitely better than the Avengers.
    The next Cap movie should shape up well if he is going to be pursuing the Winter Soldier.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/16/2014 11:21am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah we will disagree on it being better than the Avengers. It is in my top 5 of Marvel movies though.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Wasn't she introduced in the comics as a Russian spy at Stark Industries?
    Yes she was an enemy of IronMan.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 4/16/2014 11:24am at .

Middleweight

Posted On:
    4/17/2014 12:19am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just saw it. Wasn't super-impressed.

CGI was pretty spectacular, especially considering the scale and scope of the effects. They are getting really good at this stuff.

The sniping scene was appropriately startling.

I saw it in 3D, which was wonky at my theater. When things sped up, they got unglued from the background, sometimes moving choppily. Very intrusive, especially since...

...most of the action scenes are largely filmed in Bournevision, where the perspective is from inside a meter or so. Body parts flail about, the viewer gets minimal feel for what is occurring.

Cap takes about six obviously fatal falls. He is supposed to operate at the limits of human ability, falling hundreds of feet and walking away in fighting shape does not remotely conform.

Lots of people do stupid things in order to move scenes or plot points around.

They didn't miss a single action movie trope, and revisited most of them repeatedly.

It was moderately entertaining when viewed with a sympathetic eye, that's about the best I can rate it.

CGI was pretty spectacular, especially considering the scale and scope of the effects. They are getting really good at this stuff.

I saw it in 3D, which was wonky at my theater. When things sped up, they got unglued from the background, sometimes moving choppily. Very intrusive, especially since...

...most of the action scenes are largely filmed in Bournevision, where the perspective is from inside a meter or so. Body parts flail about, the viewer gets minimal feel for what is occurring.

Cap takes about six obviously fatal falls. He is supposed to operate at the limits of human ability, falling hundreds of feet and walking away in fighting shape does not remotely conform.

They didn't miss a single action movie trope, and revisited most of them repeatedly.

It was moderately entertaining when viewed with a sympathetic eye, that's about the best I can rate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.

Posted On:
    4/17/2014 7:09am

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    Why do you hate Freedom?

I'm finding 3D hit or miss. The first theater I saw it in was great, but at the second theater the screen looked dark and murky. I also didn't think 3D was necessary to my enjoyment -- but there wasn't much choice given my schedule.

I wish the herky- jerky fight scene trend would end. I like to see the fight unfold. I'm sure the shaky-cam allows them to cover a myriad of sins made by the principle actors in the fight choreography. Still, I really liked the fight against Batroc and the Elevator.

Cinematic U Cap and Ultimates Cap are both powered a bit beyond the original base for U-616 Cap. Rapid healing, super strength, handwavium... But, yeah... That fall from the elevator strained my credulity.

That's because some characters hate Freedom and do stupid things, causing Freedom-loving patriots to do equally stupid things to stop them.

Again, that's because you obviously hate freedom. Is your name Sitwell? Just say it loud and proud, "Hail Hydra!"

Middleweight

Posted On:
    4/17/2014 9:49am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Styygens View Post
    Why do you hate Freedom?
    Busted. Specifically, I haven't been enjoying action movies of late, but I did try to compare it to others in the genre.

I'm finding 3D hit or miss. The first theater I saw it in was great, but at the second theater the screen looked dark and murky. I also didn't think 3D was necessary to my enjoyment -- but there wasn't much choice given my schedule.
    Agreed. I've only seen two neuvo-3D movies. In the Hobbit, it was well-implemented, but that just made it unobtrusive, and did not add to the experience.

I wish the herky- jerky fight scene trend would end. I like to see the fight unfold. I'm sure the shaky-cam allows them to cover a myriad of sins made by the principle actors in the fight choreography. Still, I really liked the fight against Batroc and the Elevator.
    Batroc was good, wish he had been a recurring heavy instead of one-and-done. The elevator... I really would have been just as happy if after they showed that Cap had "made" the agents (and they could have with much less spoon-feeding, the audience was laughing about the third time the doors opened), they could have cut to the elevator opening from the hallway, full of spent bodies, then cut to the stupid deathleap.

Cinematic U Cap and Ultimates Cap are both powered a bit beyond the original base for U-616 Cap. Rapid healing, super strength, handwavium... But, yeah... That fall from the elevator strained my credulity.
    Fair 'nough.

That's because some characters hate Freedom and do stupid things, causing Freedom-loving patriots to do equally stupid things to stop them.
    "Don't trust anybody!"

"K."

"dies"

"****!"

"Hi, I've been lying to you. Follow me."

"K."

I mean, it worked out, but he basically trusted FUCKING EVERYBODY.

Also: non-rifled sniper bullets? Jesus. It took me like five seconds to come up with "frangible sabot." Then they kept saying it.

Again, that's because you obviously hate freedom. Is your name Sitwell? Just say it loud and proud, "Hail Hydra!"
    Can't right now, I've got a meeting with a 23 year old constituent.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 91011 LastLast