• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/13/2014 9:49pm

hall of famestaff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was very disappointed that the Black Widow didn't take this 95 year old aspie virgin and rock his world.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/13/2014 9:52pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Browning View Post
    I was very disappointed that the Black Widow didn't take this 95 year old aspie virgin and rock his world.
    Well if the comics are to be believed, that is going to be Sharon Carter's job (Agent 13 in the movie). They might even end up having a kid.

Posted On:
    4/13/2014 10:31pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sharon Carter is boring a sin, Natasha is exotic and dangerous, and looks like ScarJo. Now that SHIELD is in a bad way she needs to switch from a work visa to a "sweetheart" visa. Who better to hook up with then a lonely super hero who hasn't done any tongue wrestling since 1945.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/14/2014 5:38am

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sharon Carter is boring a sin, Natasha is exotic and dangerous, and looks like ScarJo.
    Maybe they'll give Agent 13 a personality in the next film. They did that with Widow, after all.

Who better to hook up with then a lonely super hero who hasn't done any tongue wrestling since 1945.
    Blind Al? She Hulk? Dan Severn?

Posted On:
    4/14/2014 9:57am

hall of famestaff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Natasha is a trained KGB "Swallow" she needs to stop toying with Steve Rodgers. All she needs to do is get a room, some good whisky and a tape of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_Nazty_Spy! The finest in Three Stooges patriotic humor. He would be putty in her hands.

heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

Posted On:
    4/14/2014 1:45pm

supporting member
     Style: 無木兔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Styles...lol.

Steve can hang a heavy bag with one hand.

"Styles" are..behind him.

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 4/14/2014 1:49pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/14/2014 1:51pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Browning View Post
    Natasha is a trained KGB "Swallow" she needs to stop toying with Steve Rodgers. .
    Nope, she is one of Daredevil's women.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/14/2014 3:01pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    As for the power bases all being the same, that is blatantly untrue.
    *Puts on academic hat* Do I need to define base for you? Do I need to define tweaked for you as well?

In the comics, Natasha was born in 1923, and went through the Russian equivalent of the super soldier project. She was never frozen either. She just ages really slowly. In the movies she was born in 1984.
    This is a history Tweak not a power bases change. Also, we just found out her entire identity was untrue, they can easily put in "OMG, you are that old" and never miss a beat. I said powers, not decelerated aging from a formula.
    Her power base matches the comic with tweaks. Try again.

Also, in all of the movies that he is in, Loki's powers begin and end at basic illusions.
    Puts on *nerd Hat.* You might want to watch all of the movies again.

He goes toe to toe with Thor, you know, the guy who just fought a stale mate with the hulk and Ironman. He took a double repulsor blast from Ironman as well. He took a rag-dolling, breaking concrete, from the hulk. Super strength.

He was slinging things around in his cell, telekinesis, in Thor 2

He was stabbed through the body and Thor was able to hold him as he died. So, I'm going with his molecular rearranging power since he survived. Also following this point he had full mimicry of Odin and fooled the guards and Thor at the end of Thor 2. I'm going with shape shifting until they say he cast an illusion.

He survives in space as both Odin and Thor thought he died.

He gains control of the doctor and bends his mind to his will. We can argue if it is telepathy and astral projection, but either way it establishes another one of his many powers.

So, we will disagree on it beginning and ending with illusions.

Posted On:
    4/14/2014 3:41pm

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great Odin, I love nerd arguments. I feel so at home.

IIF; my apologies, in my haste, I thought I was quoting from the Marvel reference you quoted. I should've realized the error. It was a Wiki, after all. I'm sure the in ninjers and chunners inserted their self-aggrandizing lies. My point was always that Steve Rogers' skills base was boxing, Judo, and jujutsu with some WWII combatives thrown in.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/14/2014 3:44pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I forgot about the telekinesis in Thor 2. I'll give you that one. He also is pretty hard to kill when it comes to being beaten up and stabbed. However, I didn't really think that he could match Thor in combat, especially without the staff. The only real hit he landed in The Avengers was the push knife, and he got that one via deception. Aside from that, Thor seemed to win that fight pretty decisively. As for the stab wound at the end of Thor 2, I put that one down to not being as bad as it looked, and Loki playing it up as lethal. Thor is not a doctor after all.

There is one element between the movies and the comics that seems to be radically different no matter how you slice it: magic. In the comics, the Asgardians are straight up gods. In the movies they are portrayed as really, really advanced aliens more than anything else. I wonder how that element is going to play out as the Marvel cinematic universe continues to develop, considering the fact that Agent Sitwell casually mentioned Dr. Stephen Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Styygens View Post
    Great Odin, I love nerd arguments. I feel so at home.

IIF; my apologies, in my haste, I thought I was quoting from the Marvel reference you quoted. I should've realized the error. It was a Wiki, after all. I'm sure the in ninjers and chunners inserted their self-aggrandizing lies. My point was always that Steve Rogers' skills base was boxing, Judo, and jujutsu with some WWII combatives thrown in.
    That definitely fits. I just thought the Judo elements of his combat skills seemed to show up a lot more in The Winter Soldier.
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast