Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/07/2011 7:14am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Cornish Game Hen Fight

Lol, **** the 'cornish' they don't even have a living language anymore let alone a real sense of nationhood. Their chances of surviving as an independent country are even more laughable than Wales or Scotland.

Posted On:
    7/07/2011 8:14am

Join us... or die
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    Lol, **** the 'cornish' they don't even have a living language anymore let alone a real sense of nationhood. Their chances of surviving as an independent country are even more laughable than Wales or Scotland.
    Yeah... but the pasties

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/07/2011 10:08am

Style: Karate, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Government still owes Cornwall 20 billion. Prince Charles takes 14 million a year out of the Duchy. WE are keeping YOU.

I speak Cornish. There are a few hundred thousand members of the American, Australian and Canadian Cornish Association who would disagree with you. The only country that does not recognise the Cornish is England. You're on you own chum!

The colonialist attitude still at work?

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    7/07/2011 10:32am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Owl View Post
    There are a few hundred thousand members of the American, Australian and Canadian Cornish Association who would disagree with you.
    Is this why Cornwall is not a nation - all her people moved somewhere else?

Posted On:
    7/07/2011 10:57am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Owl View Post
    The Government still owes Cornwall 20 billion. Prince Charles takes 14 million a year out of the Duchy. WE are keeping YOU.

I speak Cornish. There are a few hundred thousand members of the American, Australian and Canadian Cornish Association who would disagree with you. The only country that does not recognise the Cornish is England. You're on you own chum!

The colonialist attitude still at work?
    20 billion? Of what, pasties? Jog on.

The UN says Cornish is dead as a language. So I'm not on my own I have this massive office building on my side

And the official global body that decides whether a language is dead or not.

LOL, England is the only country that doesn't recognise Cornwall! So where's their seat at the UN? Which country has an ambassador to Cornwall?

If I were in charge I would let Cornwall have their independence, they can keep their '20 billion' pasty and tea towel economy and we'll keep our benefits payments that stop 70% of Cornwall's population from starving to death.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/07/2011 10:59am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daddykata View Post
    Is this why Cornwall is not a nation - all her people moved somewhere else?
    'Cousin Jacks' went all around the world as the famine that affected Ireland also affected Cornwall. Hard rock miners were needed throughout the world and so it wasn't difficult to see why they left. Some brought wealth back and resettled others stayed and Cornish culture can be found in places like Moonta in Australia and Iron Mountain in Michigan US.

I'm not really a nationalist I just find it a bit 19th century to tell a group of people they don't exist when plainly the culture is different. I can understand Judouk's response (apart from the '**** the Cornish' bit as just insert any minority for Cornish and you will see why) and I thought it was a bunch of crap when I first heard about it and I AM Cornish.

Some would argue and indeed do that Cornwall is still a separate nation. I thought this was just bullshit wishful thinking by the older generation until I asked the Parliamentary Outreach Officer for the South West. Her reply; Just don't try to raise the question in Parliament as 'questions on the affairs of the Duchy (Cornwall) are not allowed as they pertain to the private affairs of the Prince of Wales'. Hmmmm...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/07/2011 11:00am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    20 billion? Of what, pasties? Jog on.

The UN says Cornish is dead as a language. So I'm not on my own I have this massive office building on my side

And the official global body that decides whether a language is dead or not.

LOL, England is the only country that doesn't recognise Cornwall! So where's their seat at the UN? Which country has an ambassador to Cornwall?

If I were in charge I would let Cornwall have their independence, they can keep their '20 billion' pasty and tea towel economy and we'll keep our benefits payments that stop 70% of Cornwall's population from starving to death.
    Now I know you are an uninformed jerk. Thank you for stopping me wasting my time with you.

Posted On:
    7/07/2011 11:13am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damit Grey Owl, I'm going to have to read your post in a (crap) Cornish accent now!

Posted On:
    7/07/2011 11:18am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So which part of me is un-informed?

The part about Cornwall not having a 20billion trade surplus with the rest of the UK, which it blatantly doesn't?

Or the UN declaring Cornish a dead language, which they have, go on, check it out?

Or the fact that Cornwall is massively subsidised by the benefits system and has colossal unemployment?

Posted On:
    7/07/2011 11:27am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who next judoka?
    Devon? Cumbria? Scotland?
    Your out of control man! ;)
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast