Sponsored Links Spacer Image

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    10/19/2013 1:11am

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

Hell yeah! Hell no!

I try hiding in the jungle

So, I recently got some digital woodland camo outfit and decided to try hiding in the jungle. Since I didn't have anyone with me I took my digital camera and used the 10 second photo timer. In each photo I am close enough that I had to run there and hide within 10 seconds of my pressing the camera button.

I am pretty impressed...even with no prior experience and only reading on the subject, those digital camo patterns really hid me well for the most part. There are a couple of photos in which I might have been out of the picture, but there are also a few where I can't even find myself and I'm quite certain I am in the picture. In one of the ones where I cannot find myself, I made a point to be looking straight at the camera.

Have a look at the photos!

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...Dhk5uacuooFU9U
    Best Vietnam War music video I've ever seen put together by a vet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDY8raKsdfg

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/19/2013 6:16am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I cant find you in the pictures so that probably means you did a great job!

I did not know that camo could work so well. I always assumed it had more of an psychological effect and not really a making you basically invisible one. Interesting!

Yours truly

Posted On:
    10/19/2013 11:52am

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It looks like you're actually behind some concealment all those photos? If most of you is behind stuff unless you're wearing desert tan or black in that environment, most camo will hide you.

What I've found to work well in woodland/jungle/heavily vegetated areas:
    1. MARPAT/Woodland digital/CADPAT
    2. German flecktarn
    3. OD green and Tigerstripe
    4. US Woodland

Not multicam. Multicam seems too light for that environment. MC seems to work better in arid-ish areas to light desert.. that looks like the range it works well in. southern california or afghanistan, or maybe dry seasons in a temperate environment with lots of brown.
    www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    10/19/2013 4:39pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwkfym View Post
    It looks like you're actually behind some concealment all those photos? If most of you is behind stuff unless you're wearing desert tan or black in that environment, most camo will hide you.

What I've found to work well in woodland/jungle/heavily vegetated areas:
    1. MARPAT/Woodland digital/CADPAT
    2. German flecktarn
    3. OD green and Tigerstripe
    4. US Woodland

Not multicam. Multicam seems too light for that environment. MC seems to work better in arid-ish areas to light desert.. that looks like the range it works well in. southern california or afghanistan, or maybe dry seasons in a temperate environment with lots of brown.
    Yes, I'm partially behind something, or behind grass, but I tried to make sure I could see the camera in each instance so that I would know that line of sight wasn't 100% blocked. I had some ferns stuck in my boonie hat which even seemed to help.

I was using woodland digital and indeed it seemed to work like a charm. I didn't bring it with me (kicking myself in retrospect as I would love to do a similar experiment) but back in Vegas I have some Vietnam tiger stripe BDUs. The thing about it, though, is that according to John Plaster in "The Ultimate Sniper", the Vietnam tiger stripe will actually make you stand out more if the shadows are perpendicular to your black tiger stripes, so he did not recommend using it today.

Maybe next time I'll try it while wearing an ALICE pack and see how that changes my profile. I have a large ALICE pack but am still waiting on the metal frame so I guess that will have to wait a couple of weeks.
    Best Vietnam War music video I've ever seen put together by a vet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDY8raKsdfg

Yours truly

Posted On:
    10/19/2013 9:24pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Desert tiger stripe is supposed to work awesome. Also looks cool as hell. In some environments, darker top/arid bottom combos can work too.
    www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms