228793 Bullies, 5805 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 34
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. ChenPengFi is offline
    ChenPengFi's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    3,265

    Posted On:
    10/14/2013 12:04pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OP thinks Hummers are off road vehicles?

    Lol.
  2. RhinoUP is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    235

    Posted On:
    10/14/2013 12:37pm


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Only one reason. To piss off environmentalists on Earth Day.
  3. OwlMatt is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    890

    Posted On:
    10/14/2013 12:56pm


     Style: aikido

    4
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember when GM stopped making Hummers; The Onion said that former Hummer owners would now be forced to go door-to-door to tell people they're assholes.
  4. Kovacs is offline
    Kovacs's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Kent - UK
    Posts
    1,558

    Posted On:
    10/14/2013 12:58pm


     Style: 5x5, 5.56mm

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not sure about the availability in the states for Japanese 4x4s but for genuine off roading an early to mid 2000's Hilux, Land Cruiser or L200 would be perfect: cheap, ultra reliable and strong.

    Landrovers (around the TD5's) are one of the worlds greatest off roaders but suck balls at everything else and I think they're illegal in America due to poor safety records but I'd have to check that.

    But as said earlier proper Hummers are the nuts. Civvies ones are just nuts.
    "Won't fight me in the ring? Don't fight me on the street."
    Paraphrased from Bullshido.

    "You can't judge Martial Arts until you feel the joy of kicking someone in the face and not go to prison for it."
    Mrs Kovacs.
  5. ChenPengFi is offline
    ChenPengFi's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    3,265

    Posted On:
    10/14/2013 1:10pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kovacs View Post
    I'm not sure about the availability in the states for Japanese 4x4s but for genuine off roading an early to mid 2000's Hilux, Land Cruiser or L200 would be perfect: cheap, ultra reliable and strong.

    Landrovers (around the TD5's) are one of the worlds greatest off roaders but suck balls at everything else and I think they're illegal in America due to poor safety records but I'd have to check that.

    But as said earlier proper Hummers are the nuts. Civvies ones are just nuts.


    They don't sell the diesel Toyotas in the US; Hilux etc.
    Assholes.
  6. Kovacs is offline
    Kovacs's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Kent - UK
    Posts
    1,558

    Posted On:
    10/14/2013 1:15pm


     Style: 5x5, 5.56mm

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    They don't sell the diesel Toyotas in the US; Hilux etc.
    Assholes.
    **** that's a shame. If someone genuinely had a 60k budget to burn on 4x4's they could get several Japanese pickups to thrash and get a Z5 or Range Rover or whatever to show to their mates at the golf club.
    "Won't fight me in the ring? Don't fight me on the street."
    Paraphrased from Bullshido.

    "You can't judge Martial Arts until you feel the joy of kicking someone in the face and not go to prison for it."
    Mrs Kovacs.
  7. goodlun is online now
    goodlun's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ramona
    Posts
    5,336

    Posted On:
    10/14/2013 2:08pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hell with 60k to burn u can build one hell of an off roader sure u still won't be winning score races but you will drive circles around a humvee.
  8. NeilG is online now
    NeilG's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Saskatoon, Canada
    Posts
    1,345

    Posted On:
    10/14/2013 4:13pm


     Style: Kendo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    I have the same type of question about trucks...

    Why would anyone buy a truck (as a personal vehicle) that isn't 4-wheel drive? I recently bought a Toyota Tacoma and the sales guy I was talking to couldn't understand why 4-wheel drive was a necessity to me as I told him I didn't go a lot of off-roading.
    Better mileage, less stuff to break, cheaper to buy.
  9. Wounded Ronin is offline
    Wounded Ronin's Avatar

    ...is THE PENETRATOR

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,815

    Posted On:
    10/14/2013 4:45pm

    supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kovacs View Post
    I'm not sure about the availability in the states for Japanese 4x4s but for genuine off roading an early to mid 2000's Hilux, Land Cruiser or L200 would be perfect: cheap, ultra reliable and strong.

    Landrovers (around the TD5's) are one of the worlds greatest off roaders but suck balls at everything else and I think they're illegal in America due to poor safety records but I'd have to check that.

    But as said earlier proper Hummers are the nuts. Civvies ones are just nuts.
    I'm actually driving a late 90s Hilux right now. Thing is because of the tropical weather here it's got considerable rust.

    I am pondering shipping it back to the US when I'm done in Micronesia after fixing it up as much as I can at low cost in Micronesia and putting on some cheap Korean off roading tires. Then, I could use it to drive around the desert in Nevada. The rust would stop due to being in a desert and I'd basically have something to use for off roading without the inflated BS consumerist price tag that there would have been to get something in the US.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29
  10. Kovacs is offline
    Kovacs's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Kent - UK
    Posts
    1,558

    Posted On:
    10/14/2013 5:39pm


     Style: 5x5, 5.56mm

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
    I'm actually driving a late 90s Hilux right now. Thing is because of the tropical weather here it's got considerable rust.

    I am pondering shipping it back to the US when I'm done in Micronesia after fixing it up as much as I can at low cost in Micronesia and putting on some cheap Korean off roading tires. Then, I could use it to drive around the desert in Nevada. The rust would stop due to being in a desert and I'd basically have something to use for off roading without the inflated BS consumerist price tag that there would have been to get something in the US.
    That's awesome and totally doable with those older models. With basic maintenance and minimal TLC they last for ever. You can still get the old Hilux's kicking around in South Africa that have been raped sideways in wars and deserts and they still run. Parts might be tricky in the US but eBay helps a lot and I'm sure your model will last you a very long time and save thousands of bucks in the long run.

    I work with guys that use their Hilux's to commute to work, then as working pickups and they disrespect them on a daily basis and the fuckers still won't die. They're just brilliant machines.
    "Won't fight me in the ring? Don't fight me on the street."
    Paraphrased from Bullshido.

    "You can't judge Martial Arts until you feel the joy of kicking someone in the face and not go to prison for it."
    Mrs Kovacs.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.