Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/10/2013 2:29pm

Style: judo, -noob

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I worked as a grinder in an aluminium factory.

The enviroment was fucked up to the point you wouldn't believe and the owner a straight idiot.
    I'm not gonna try to tell all what was wrong there and how atrocious the enviroment was, because you wouldn't believe me. Just for some illustration: He had mostly immigrants working for him, with no status, so he could use them to the point of being straight criminal. The paycheck was a few months late, some families and flat owners where both people worth the same job were at the breadline. There were cases of stealing products frequently. The owner never called police, because if they'd snoop around too much they'd take him straight to jail. He'd send out badly done and incomplete products and pay penalties, but wouldn't have for salaries. One day I got hurt by the grinder, a cut above the knee and I told the foreman I'll go and have it stitched. He noted the boss. In our country the protocol is, that he than files the report and you get the leave for the healing time. You learn everything you need to know at the safety at work lessons.
    However that fat f+ck did not pay any safety at work lessons for me, which alone is a serious law violation. He than proceeded to ignore my injury, never sending any papers to sign and so also deniing my right for insurance money.
    I dieled the office and a loud row developed in which I litarally sent my boss straight to hell, but in a more vulgar way. When I got rid of the stitches I drove straight down and told him 'I'm gonna throw you through this fucking window if you continue to **** with me.' in his face. Meant it, made sure he felt it. He was powerless to do anything because he knew, that I'm one step away from suing his ass into oblivion and even if I did it, he'd probably have no guts to call the cops. I completed the last month of contract and went.

Why did I even put up with all this? Well, the imigrants and the native workers were the best bunch of people I ever had the privilege and honour to work with. Usually there's at least one person in every job who can't stand you and you end up querreling with. Not here. All super nice, helpful and honest. And if you cut the contract you get all sorts of administrative trouble and hindrances. Besides I was at the end of one year period. I was afraid, that a lawsuit would nail the last nail for the workers, as the big boss had to beg his unpaid suppliers to send us some raw materials.
    And I did not file the lawsuit, though it was a sure win, because they just made a contract with Volkswagen VW, and I really hoped they made it and have enough work and have their paychecks now. I never went back to check on them, because I couldn't stand the place, but am thinking a lot about those poor, but most excellent and decent ex-work mates.

It also went to the most stupid personal pride. I thought 'You don't have half the problems the workers have, if they can, you can. Shut your pie-hole and tough it out, it's only one year.'
    Last edited by Stickybomb; 10/10/2013 2:48pm at .

Posted On:
    10/10/2013 2:49pm

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The big boss in this one office I worked in, was named Rick - referred to under our breath as "Rick with a silent P".

Anyway, one day he was being an ass to one of the admin assistants who said to him (in front of everyone) ...

"Rick, kiss me."
    "What? Why would I kiss you?"
    "Well, if you're going to **** me, the least you can do is give me a kiss too."
    ... long silence ...
    "I think you should clean out your desk and leave."
    "Yes, I think that would be best." And then she left.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    10/10/2013 2:57pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
    The big boss in this one office I worked in, was named Rick - referred to under our breath as "Rick with a silent P".
    An old guy I used to work with introduced himself as "Bob with one O".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2013 5:43am

Style: BJJ / MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why the **** would the CTO care?! I've never understood why some people are so goddamn petty.

:)

Posted On:
    10/11/2013 6:52am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There used to be a slide guitarist here, who busked in the subway. Roland the bitter, was a name I heard used for him. Roland the inebriated would have also worked, had someone decided to use it.

When he'd have a slow time of it, regarding tips, he'd get out a sign "no money, no music" and literally sit there w/ a pouting face, pointedly not playing.

Playing the str33t:

Amp: $150
    Cable: $10
    Guitar $235
    Pouting in public b/c a service no one asked for isn't paying: PRICELESS

Posted On:
    10/11/2013 11:16am

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A high school where I'd taught PE for five years got a new chief administrator.

Before the end of that academic year, virtually all of the experienced and most competent teachers had left that school.

I referred to him as "the Peter principal".

Posted On:
    9/22/2014 1:06pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/22/2014 2:04pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I saw that this thread had been necro'd I was hoping it would be something good. I was not disappointed.

Posted On:
    9/22/2014 3:39pm

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seeing as I have no cool quitting stories of my own:

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/58604...ushpmg00000063
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/22/2014 3:59pm

Style: MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I worked as a canvasser for one of those environmentalist organizations that sends people from door to door begging for money. It took me a single shift of training to realize that I was basically being paid a commission to guilt trip old people.

I quit over the phone after two day where I basically told them that I wasn't a shitty enough person for the job.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12