Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/08/2013 7:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Don't drive drunk

Or the cops in Illinois will rape you. This is just beyond disturbing.

A 33-year-old woman is suing LaSalle County after jail surveillance cameras captured four deputies forcibly stripping her and leaving her in a cell without her clothes when she was arrested for drunken driving.

Dana Holmes, who lives in Coal City, filed a federal lawsuit against LaSalle County authorities Monday alleging three men and a woman pulled her to the ground and carried her into a cell where they stripped her and walked out with her clothes, according to a report from the Chicago Tribune.

"This wasn't a search. They just stripped her," Holmes' lawyer, Terry Ekl, said. "To do a strip search you need to have reasonable grounds to believe she either has a weapon on her or she's secreting drugs. That didn't exist here."

Holmes was arrested May 18 for drunken driving with a blood-alcohol level nearly three times the legal limit, according to the report.

On video and audio recordings from the police car's camera, Holmes failed a field sobriety test and was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving. She volunteered to take an alcohol breath test, which registered 0.226, nearly triple the .08 the legal limit, but appeared to be cooperative with the arresting officer, the Tribune reported.

In a report filed after Holmes’ release on May 19, sheriff’s officers reportedly said the Marseilles officer who arrested and transported Holmes said she was “being mouthy and causing problems,” but no description on her demeanor during her transport was stated in the DUI police report filed two days after her arrest.

Footage from the jail shows deputies fingerprinting and photographing Holmes more than an hour after the strip search, covering her in only a blanket.

Holmes alleges the sheriff’s department and four deputies violated her civil rights after the May arrest and caused her emotional harm by stripping her naked without legal justification.

Under Illinois law, a strip-search is permitted only when officers have a “reasonable belief” that the subject is hiding a weapon or a controlled substance on their body and requires the search be conducted by an officer of the same sex.

"She doesn't understand how law enforcement officers who you're supposed to trust, who are supposed to be there to protect you, could do something like this," Ekl said.

Ekl says Holmes wants the officers to be fired and criminal charges filed in the case.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local...225975511.html

Watch the video if you really want to lose your lunch. I just seriously don't have words for this.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    10/08/2013 8:08pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Those guys were outside policy and clearly violating her civil rights. No matter how belligerent she was, there is no excuse for robbing her of her dignity. Hardly a rape, but they are going to fry.

Posted On:
    10/08/2013 8:44pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    Those guys were outside policy and clearly violating her civil rights. No matter how belligerent she was, there is no excuse for robbing her of her dignity. Hardly a rape, but they are going to fry.

Stripping someone nude while they are kicking and screaming is more than just robbing them of dignity, if any civilian did that they would be brought up on sex charges. These fuckers deserve to go to prison. They are an insult to law enforcement. The sad thing is their fucking superiors will probably defend their actions.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    10/08/2013 8:57pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    These fuckers deserve to go to prison.
    Yes, they deserve to go to federal prison, lose their pensions and see what it is like to have their civil rights violated.
    They are an insult to law enforcement.
    I agree 100%--No can defend.
    The sad thing is their fucking superiors will probably defend their actions.
    Not a chance. These guys are going to be thrown under the bus from first line supervisor all the way to the top. Any administrator with half a brain in their head will make an example of these guys by fully cooperating with the federal investigation.

Posted On:
    10/08/2013 10:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    Yes, they deserve to go to federal prison, lose their pensions and see what it is like to have their civil rights violated.
    I agree 100%--No can defend.
    Not a chance. These guys are going to be thrown under the bus from first line supervisor all the way to the top. Any administrator with half a brain in their head will make an example of these guys by fully cooperating with the federal investigation.

Normally I would agree that the supervisors would try to act logically, but it's Illinois. We never do the right thing here. You should read some of the news stories about our state, it's messed up.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    10/08/2013 10:39pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You should read some of the news stories about our state, it's messed up.
    You're preaching to the choir. I've lived in Illinois for the majority of my life (1964-1988, 1991-1996 & 2000-present); I have seen governors go to prison and numerous other corrupt people running ****.

Nobody will condone what these guys did, nobody agrees with them and nobody can defend their actions. Speaking as a former chief of police, I always fought for the officers I supervised as long as they were righteous. I would also have seen to it that they fried if they were outside policy and the law.

There is corruption in every state and at the highest levels. When the microscope is up their ass, the administrators have no choice, but to do the right thing. Use of force is serious business and if it is deemed excessive, **** rolls up hill.

Posted On:
    10/10/2013 7:27pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would hate to the type of person that says I told you so, but:

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#sectio.../p2p-77750247/

They are going the "for her own safety" route.

Posted On:
    10/10/2013 8:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fucking hell are they having a contest to see who can treat women drunks the worst??

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#sectio.../p2p-77737655/

A Chicago woman has sued the village of Skokie and one of its police officers, alleging she was seriously injured after being shoved headfirst into a jail cell bench after a drunken driving arrest last winter.

Cassandra Feuerstein, 47, said in a federal lawsuit that the incident required facial reconstructive surgery and the insertion of a titanium plate to "replace the bones that had been shattered."

Part of the alleged incident was recorded on jail video cameras, which Feuerstein's attorney, Torreya Hamilton, released Wednesday.

"The video speaks for itself," Hamilton said. "She does nothing to justify what this male police officer does."

In a written statement released today, Village Manager Albert Rigoni said the village has “deep concern for Ms. Cassandra Feuerstein’s injuries that occurred at the Skokie Police Station.” The statement said that an officer involved has been placed on station duty, with no contact with the public, while both the village and the state’s attorney investigate.

Feuerstein was arrested for drunken driving March 10, according to Hamilton and court documents. The video shows officers searching Feuerstein inside the jail cell, where she appears to be asked to remove her boots and bra before being removed from the cell for additional processing.

An officer then takes Feuerstein by the arm and appears to push her back into the cell. Video shows Feuerstein falling forward and striking her head and face on a bench, before officers and paramedics tend to her as a pool of blood spreads on the floor.

"If this was a tavern fight, which of course it wasn't, it'd be like she got sucker-punched," Hamilton said.

In addition to a drunken driving charge, Feuerstein was charged with resisting a police officer. A Cook County court document filed by police said Feuerstein "knowingly resisted … in that she pulled away from (the officer) and placed both her hands on the sides of the cell door all in an attempt to not be placed into the holding cell."

The lawsuit also alleges the officer made false statements to others in the Skokie Police Department about why he pushed Feuerstein into the jail cell, causing his fellow officers to write false reports on the incident.

Feuerstein pleaded guilty to the DUI charge, but county officials dropped the resisting arrest charges. The lawsuit seeks an unspecified amount of damages.

The village said other officers who were present at the time of the alleged incident, both male and female, have been interviewed and “treated Ms. Feuerstein with professionalism and respect.”

The village values the police department’s “high professional standards and reputation and is deeply concerned about this isolated incident,” the statement continued. “… The Village of Skokie is committed to reaching a full resolution in this matter.”

They shattered her face, yeah real great police work.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    10/11/2013 12:18am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would hate to the type of person that says I told you so, but:

They are going the "for her own safety" route.
    We have a 'for her own safety' route; it is a restraint chair with lap & shoulder belts, wrist, ankle and head restraints. The best part is we put them in the chair fully clothed. These guys violated the public trust and a person's civil rights.

Posted On:
    10/11/2013 8:45am

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Who was the idiot who thougth jail cameras were a good idea.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast