Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/18/2013 8:23pm

Style: Bartitsu, Judo noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Podcast Interview

In case anyone's interested, I was recently interviewed for a podcast in relation to my book on psychology and philosophy and the martial arts:
    http://www.christianhumanist.org/201...virtue-ethics/

If you want the RSS feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/ChristianHumanistProfiles

The interview is also available at iTunes. Search the store for "Christian Humanist Profiles".

Posted On:
    10/18/2013 9:30pm

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can you give a little more info? I know a lot of us don't have time to hear every podcast and video, perhaps if you gave some more info more people would check it out. Why were you interviewed? What is your book about? What are your qualifications to write said book? Have you done an intro in newbietown? Are you just trying to sell your ****?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/18/2013 10:06pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jspeedy View Post
    Can you give a little more info? I know a lot of us don't have time to hear every podcast and video, perhaps if you gave some more info more people would check it out. Why were you interviewed? What is your book about? What are your qualifications to write said book? Have you done an intro in newbietown? Are you just trying to sell your ****?
    It's been a while, so I don't remember what I put in my Newbietown intro.
    I've been doing MA since 1995, and I'm a research psychologist who's interested in psychology/philosophy interdisciplinary stuff, and in the psychology of the martial arts (I usually pop up in threads around here when psychology comes up). My book brings together the philosophical field of virtue ethics and research within the positive psychology movement to talk about MA as a venue for character development. I range from the very abstract (philosophical stuff about what a virtue is) to the very practical (specific methods for cultivating each virtue in oneself and in others). While I'm always glad for people to buy my book, I don't make enough money off of it for me to bother pimping it online; I'm just happy that someone's paying attention to a project that I put a lot of work into.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/18/2013 10:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jspeedy View Post
    Have you done an intro in newbietown?
    Hang on. Found it.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=105004