Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/24/2013 4:09pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: gong chu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

how to beat turbo charged fighters

I recently encountered someone who stated to me that I would not be able to beat a group of fighters due to the greater presence of anger in them. I thought I was pretty decent after doing kyokushin for 3 years (yeah it's not the same as being a black belt o course) since I have speed, technique and power, but this guy said it would mean nothing in the end, as these guys would get pissed off with you and just knock you out. The problem with these guys is that they are quite big, but they have lousy technique and strategy.

So how do you beat them? It sounds nice to turn around and knock people out like that in a ring, but I have never seen this being done before. Even the very top fighters often remain calm in a fight. The other thing is, I can usually make a judgement as to whether I can beat someone or not, and all these guys seem beatable.

The guy who said this is kung fu of course, but I'm thinking of muay thai.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    9/24/2013 6:46pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread was moved out of the Basic Technique because it's more of a speculative question as opposed to a question about a specific martial arts technique. The technical forums are for questions about technique, rather than speculation.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    9/24/2013 7:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    im not even sure what the question is.

Posted On:
    9/24/2013 7:52pm

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So first it was a MABS thread about a "Mr K" from Australasia with no specifics. Now it's how to out anger multiple opponents on the street instead of in a ring?

GTFO

Oh, and where pray tell did you study Kyukushin for 3 years?

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    im not even sure what the question is.
    Well the answer is school holidays kicked off this week.
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Posted On:
    9/24/2013 9:43pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So ideally you would find out what make and model turbocharge they have. With this information you can look up a compressor chart for them. The compressor chart will tell you where their turbo charger is running most efficiently. Assume they set up their engine to make the most use out of the efficiency island.
    Now you also need to know what their gear ratios they are running.
    The combination of this information will give you an ideal of what sort of racing it is that they intend to do. Then of course you pick a course and style of racing that keeps them outside of their zone.

Oh wait your being dumb by using turbocharging to describe anger? As if anger some how is beneficial to a fight. As if anger some how changes the laws of physics.
    This is a stupid and childish look at fighting. Its very animeesk the thought that you can will yourself to win or just our anger someone come on what are you 14?

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    9/24/2013 10:02pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hatori banzo View Post
    I recently encountered someone who stated to me that I would not be able to beat a group of fighters due to the greater presence of anger in them. I thought I was pretty decent after doing kyokushin for 3 years (yeah it's not the same as being a black belt o course) since I have speed, technique and power, but this guy said it would mean nothing in the end, as these guys would get pissed off with you and just knock you out. The problem with these guys is that they are quite big, but they have lousy technique and strategy.

So how do you beat them? It sounds nice to turn around and knock people out like that in a ring, but I have never seen this being done before. Even the very top fighters often remain calm in a fight. The other thing is, I can usually make a judgement as to whether I can beat someone or not, and all these guys seem beatable.

The guy who said this is kung fu of course, but I'm thinking of muay thai.
    You beat somebody by being better than them.

I've had several guys completely lose it, both while sparring and in actual fights. It didn't do them any good because I had considerably more skill. Conversely, I've had my ass kicked by guys that almost seem disinterested. They were that much better than me.

I got really mad at this boxer who also wrestled when I was 24. We were not at the gym. You know what? He still kicked my ass. I couldn't take him down no matter how angry I got. He stuffed all my shots, angled off and peppered my face. I've never had my ass kicked like that by only one guy. All that anger didn't help. It only made me make stupid mistakes toward the end of the fight.

Posted On:
    9/24/2013 11:27pm

Style: BJJ/MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While "raging out" is, in some people's opinions, beneficial in a fight. Sure, there's a bit of an increase in strength, or at least perception of strength.... Sure, people who are so very very full of anger may be more inclined to "fight dirty." Perhaps this may give them an advantage.

In my experience this is only true at low levels of fighting. While I'm no pro fighter, I've been in a few both in and outside the Army. Hell, at one point in my life I WAS the guy who would rage out. But frankly, as people become more and more skilled RAGE-MAN becomes less and less common. Because of this, I think RAGE-MAN is not conducive to becoming a skilled fighter, whether because RAGE-MAN generally lacks the ability to view fighting like a chess match or because as RAGE-MAN learns more it all just becomes variables he can control without being "turbo-charged."

Also, in line with Goodlun's post, perhaps you can look into other forced induction systems such as a supercharger or blower. If that's not your style maybe nitrous is in order. It's clear that normally aspirated fighters have no chance against equally skilled fighters with forced air intakes. Perhaps there needs to be separate divisions.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/25/2013 12:01am

Style: 1 technique 1000 times

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My Sifu explains it like having a conversation. The guy who is screaming isn't always the one that's winning, and the quiet one isn't always the weak one.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/25/2013 2:04am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only thing missing from the ops two opening posts is a link to a "win an Iphone" competition.
    King without a crown

:)

Posted On:
    9/25/2013 2:38am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    “The best fighter is never angry.”
    ― Lao Tzu

"keep strong and fit, and hate from there, to your ankles. Hate so much".
    ―Lenny Mclean
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast