Page 7 of 10 First ... 345678910 Last

Style
    Jujitsu Aikido Bodycombat
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Judo and boxing and fencing use offset stances...at least anybody who knows what they are doing does.

In fact, on of the biggest problems I have in teaching judo is to get students to maintain their right or left foot forward "stance" (posture, really) (migi or hidari shizentai...right or left natural posture), instead of shuffling their feet around and worse.
    My point was a generalisation about range and the styles given as an example. I'm not talking about a square on horse stance, more about approximate hip position. While your students are keeping a foot forward stance, most of the time their hips are much more square on than a TKD fighter or fencer. Yes they all may switch positions as the fight goes but generally their default hip position is different. A boxer will take a more side on stance if they're going in and out using their jab (a bit like a fencer) but once they close and start throwing combo's their hips become square on.

Basically if you want to use both hands and have better side to side movement a more square on stance is better. If you want faster in / out movement and present a smaller target a more side on stance is better.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you made very good points

Style
    Wrestling
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipdrift View Post
    Thank you.

Style
    TKD, CMA & American Kenpo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipdrift View Post
    Yes, good points were made--it was over 5 years ago, but they were good points.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    You can not intellectualize your way to being a competent fighter.

Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    Yes, good points were made--it was over 5 years ago, but they were good points.
    We have the best points.

Style
    Turkish oil wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sumo wrestling must be oh really so bad style cause sumo wrestlers got their tooth kicked to the audience in early ufc ****

Also name even one sumo wrestler who is a significant MMA personality LOL omg LOL

Yes you know sumo wrestlers really are just like fat fucks and even chunners would beat them in t3h ringstr33t

Yes ofc this is true cause it could be true

Letīs hate sumo wrestlers man, letīs just start to hate them cause they are well... sumo wrestlers

Style
    Jiu-Jitsu, Judo,Wrestling
    Click Here to Visit My Business
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Losco View Post
    Sumo wrestling must be oh really so bad style cause sumo wrestlers got their tooth kicked to the audience in early ufc ****

Also name even one sumo wrestler who is a significant MMA personality LOL omg LOL

Yes you know sumo wrestlers really are just like fat fucks and even chunners would beat them in t3h ringstr33t

Yes ofc this is true cause it could be true

Letīs hate sumo wrestlers man, letīs just start to hate them cause they are well... sumo wrestlers
    I love to watch Sumo.
    It is often very technical, and a fascinating precursor sport to modern Judo.
    In fact, I am generally a fan of all forms of belt wrestling.

Style
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I appreciate Sumo because it gives morbidly obese children a sense of belonging. It gives them something to aspire to. I really wouldn't want to have one of those guys strike or latch onto me though.

Style
    Turkish oil wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    obese
    Yeah

I think thereīs actually a tad more to professional sumo than being obese (and strong)

I dont even bother to link anything, but in case you havent watched i.e sumo competition (pro) highlights you maybe should?

And in the case you dont see some quite serious technique taking place there well maybe we live in different installations of the Matrix of something

Style
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think thereīs actually a tad more to professional sumo than being obese (and strong)

I dont even bother to link anything, but in case you havent watched i.e sumo competition (pro) highlights you maybe should?

And in the case you dont see some quite serious technique taking place there well maybe we live in different installations of the Matrix of something
    I've watched it, I enjoyed watching it and I wouldn't want to tangle with even a small Sumo. Conversely, I am terrified of obese people, not their imposing presence, but the fear of seeing a really fat chick without adequate clothing.

Page 7 of 10 First ... 345678910 Last