Page 1 of 9 12345 ... Last
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Sydney AU
    Posts
    29
    Style
    Aikido
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    anyone used food for self defence

    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Wrt the OP, some years ago I saw some guys get in a road rage street fight.
    Moped/shirtless got all bent and spit on nerds car.
    Nerd jumped out and assumed Karate stance which I found almost as amusing as moped/shirtless did.

    "This is gonna be good!" I thought.
    Karate nerd kicked the **** out of moped/shirtless guy, oddly enough
    It looked straight out of a Shotokan manual too, fucking rising blocks and reverse punches and all.
    I went to Rainbow Drive In afterwards and had a mixed plate.
    Watching people Karate shirtless moped riders is hungry business.




    https://www.yelp.com/biz/rainbow-drive-in-honolulu
    What defences did you use against that dinner?
    And would you even call it a dinner?
    As it is a heart / artery killer, that is for sure.

  2. #2
    ChenPengFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    6,254
    Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    6
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is no dinner. That, gentle reader, is a legend.
    The Rainbow Drive In mixed plate is the quintessential Hawai'ian post-surf, hike, sex, marijuana binge, what have you/all of the above lunch plate and has been for many years.

    After a morning of sun, sex and surf, nothing will induce a food coma quite like that combination of chicken cutlet, teri beef and fried fish you see above.
    The starchy white rice foils the flavors and ensures a good insulin workout.
    The macaroni "salad" (read: "an excuse to eat mayonnaise") slows gut motility and adds more fat, just in case.

    In short, NO CAN DEFENSE.
    Of course some people order it with gravy or chili all over too, but that's just overkill folks.


  3. #3
    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,822
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    That is no dinner. That, gentle reader, is a legend.
    The Rainbow Drive In mixed plate is the quintessential Hawai'ian post-surf, hike, sex, marijuana binge, what have you/all of the above lunch plate and has been for many years.

    After a morning of sun, sex and surf, nothing will induce a food coma quite like that combination of chicken cutlet, teri beef and fried fish you see above.
    The starchy white rice foils the flavors and ensures a good insulin workout.
    The macaroni "salad" (read: "an excuse to eat mayonnaise") slows gut motility and adds more fat, just in case.

    In short, NO CAN DEFENSE.
    Of course some people order it with gravy or chili all over too, but that's just overkill folks.

    That is simultaneously awesome and disgusting. As a southerner, I am no stranger to fried foods. But that.....in one meal....no. That's enough meat for several meals. That's like a month's worth of dietary cheating right there.

  4. #4
    ChenPengFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    6,254
    Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The best part about those gravy on top motherfuckers is there's no way in hell to finish it before all the gravy cools and sets up.
    A lot of them still clean the plate.
    I don't know what's up with the giant slice of curiously pungent onion they use in their burgers though.
    1 onion for 4 burgers or something?
    Wtf?

    Rainbow's is at the eastern end of Waikiki so it's pretty damn crowded too.
    I wonder how many calories go through their hands in a day...

  5. #5
    submessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Delray Beach
    Posts
    3,724
    Style
    BJJ
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looks to me like a way-more appetizing version of the Garbage Plate, something you'll never see me eating:


  6. #6
    ChenPengFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    6,254
    Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's just 9 bucks too, which over here is less than a McDs meal.
    Ymmv.

  7. #7
    submessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Delray Beach
    Posts
    3,724
    Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's a lot of food for $9. I can see why it's popular. I just spent $23 on some gourmet tacos, probably 1/4 to 1/3 the amount of food on the Rainbow.

  8. #8
    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,822
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    The best part about those gravy on top motherfuckers is there's no way in hell to finish it before all the gravy cools and sets up.
    A lot of them still clean the plate.
    I don't know what's up with the giant slice of curiously pungent onion they use in their burgers though.
    1 onion for 4 burgers or something?
    Wtf?

    Rainbow's is at the eastern end of Waikiki so it's pretty damn crowded too.
    I wonder how many calories go through their hands in a day...
    Greasy food and cold gravy. Ugh.

  9. #9
    ChenPengFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    6,254
    Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Looks to me like a way-more appetizing version of the Garbage Plate, something you'll never see me eating:



    Yikes!
    This is right down the street for the acai inclined.

    https://www.yelp.com/biz/bogarts-cafe-honolulu-4

    Or something like this:



    It's a toss up on scenery.
    It's puzzling the number of fit looking people inhaling mixed plates.
    Hell of a cheat day I guess!

  10. #10
    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,822
    4
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread is making me think. Like I said, I'm in the south and fried food and barbecue is stereotypically southern. But I don't even know many places to go and get food like that anymore.

    Barbecue is easy but really good barbecue is usually found in pricier restaurants. There aren't many places where you can just grab good barbecue on a paper plate and pay $10 for it. Same thing with fried food. Everything has to be all fancy now.

    There's a loophole, though. Rural fire departments like to do fish fries and **** like that to raise money. That's where the real southern **** is. Where a bunch of country boys stand around a smoker all day drinking beer and then fill your plate up for a few bucks.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in