218358 Bullies, 6840 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/11/2013 2:43pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love Palhares. You have to appreciate fighters WHO can whip those leglocks out in a split-second in high level competition and Palhares is probably the best leglock guy in the UFC.

It breaks my Heart that he's such an idiot. Now he'll either retire or go back to the minor Leagues if any will have him. We'll be robbed of seeing those badass finishes in high level fights ever Again.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    10/11/2013 4:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Motherfucking acceptable.
    dude i realise you know nothing about anything but come on. paul harris is a leg collector and despite repeated warnings he still does it. that video is misleading, that dude was tapping like a madman and the ref had to headbutt paul to stop him cranking.

its unfortunate, but the guy is just a fucking prick who doesnt realise its a sport not a goddamn gladiator pit. good riddance.

On hiatus

Posted On:
    10/11/2013 4:19pm

supporting member
     Style: Getting fat.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    dude i realise you know nothing about anything but come on. paul harris is a leg collector and despite repeated warnings he still does it. that video is misleading, that dude was tapping like a madman and the ref had to headbutt paul to stop him cranking.

its unfortunate, but the guy is just a fucking prick who doesnt realise its a sport not a goddamn gladiator pit. good riddance.
    **** off you little prick. They're making an example out of him. Granted, easy to do cause of his history of such offenses. But common, ask yourself: If it was someone else, would there even be any punishment. A mild warning at best.

Any time he finishes by legrip, it now gets put under the loop like it's a fucking murder trial.

EDIT: To pontificate: His actions are overscrutinized cause of his reputation. I'd argue that for a different fighter this wouldn't even have been registered as an offense.
    Last edited by Tranquil Suit; 10/11/2013 4:53pm at .

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    10/12/2013 2:21am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    god you are just so fucking stupid i think you are just trolling. yes, he is under the microscope because he is a repeat offender. You are somehow SURPRISED by that? once is an accident, heat of the moment thing. of course he wouldnt get cut if that was his first offence. when you habitually do it, the penalties get more and more severe. this is not exactly something unique to this case.

On hiatus

Posted On:
    10/12/2013 4:04am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    god you are just so fucking stupid i think you are just trolling. yes, he is under the microscope because he is a repeat offender. You are somehow SURPRISED by that? once is an accident, heat of the moment thing. of course he wouldnt get cut if that was his first offence. when you habitually do it, the penalties get more and more severe. this is not exactly something unique to this case.
    Read my post again, you **** for brains. Jeezes.

Spelling it out:

Yes, if you repeat an offense, the punishment gets worse. That's not what I'm saying.

I'm saying, if it was someone else, it wouldn't have even registered as an offense in the first place. His actions are overscrutinized cause of his reputation.
    Last edited by Tranquil Suit; 10/12/2013 4:14am at .

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    10/12/2013 6:12am

Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    I'm saying, if it was someone else, it wouldn't have even registered as an offense in the first place. His actions are overscrutinized cause of his reputation.
    Nope. As you (AFAIK) haven't grappled too much let me spell this out for you: A guy has grappled all his life. He has probably done that leg lock a billion times. He knows when it's tight and he sure as hell knows what happens when you wrench it over the point of no return, He also sure as hell knows the point after which things get fucked. While I understand it's a competition and things are turned to 11 you still fucking respect the tap, especially such an obvious one that Pierce did.

What got him kicked out wasn't just the tug at the end after ref stepped in and taking a second to let go. He knew he had already won the fight, he didn't respect the tap and he took his time for a final wrench even after the ref jumped in and you claim that this dude wouldn't have got any punishment if he wasn't Palhares? You got to be shitting me.

If Palhares had wrenched the knee when ref jumped in with Pierce just yelling in pain it would have been a Submission of the Night and he'd still be in the UFC roster.
    Last edited by hpr; 10/12/2013 6:15am at .
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

On hiatus

Posted On:
    10/12/2013 6:55am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [angry rant goes here, probably tomorrow]

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    10/12/2013 10:21am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Arrgh. Stupid tiny buttons on my phone. Meant to upvote your post. Someone give Alex a thumbs up.

I downvoted TS' idiocy to make up for it.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123