Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/10/2013 4:35pm

Style: Kickboxin & Shootfightin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    Is Palhares mentally challenged in some way? It's like he's deliberately trying to make himself as unlikable as possible with his joint-cranking antics.
    His bonus for "sub of the night" has been withheld for "unsportsman like submission", i.e not releasing it once the ref called it, its also possible he may face more than just a loss of bonus.

Posted On:
    10/10/2013 4:48pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Middleweight

Posted On:
    10/10/2013 5:58pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Not surprised I watched with the sound off but all the buzz on facebook I knew something was going to happen to him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/10/2013 6:00pm

Style: Brazillian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't get to see it, but I'm somewhat surprised that shields beat Maia. They're both incredible grapplers, but I would have thought Maia would hold the edge. Guess I was wrong. Figured it would be... less than exciting... I'd still like to catch a replay at some point to see 2 incredible grapplers fight.

Honestly, I'm not sad to see Palhares released.

Glad I missed Matt's loss. I always liked Hammil, and, as such, have no desire to see him fighting anymore.

I am bummed I missed Kim/Silva though!

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    10/10/2013 6:44pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I fucken hate Palhares.

Posted On:
    10/10/2013 9:59pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Too long? Acceptable?
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Middleweight

Posted On:
    10/10/2013 11:11pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Saw the main event it was good not boring at all expected Maia to do more on the ground though too bad.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    10/11/2013 3:32am

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff View Post

Too long? Acceptable?
    Motherfucking acceptable.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Posted On:
    10/11/2013 6:38am

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Palhares was *cranking* the sub after the guy tapped and after ref was trying to pry his hands off. I counted three or four seconds of increased--not constant--pressure after Mike Pierce taps. You can see Palhares distinctly give the heel hook a second heave after the ref has made contact: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_sMDJDQeCx..._w/s1600/2.gif

I agree that this wasn't as bad as any of the multiple previous times Palhares has cranked after the tap and the ref intervening, but the timer in that video starts when the ref makes contact, not when his opponent started tapping. Watching a video of the match (not the timecoded one, with its stop-start) Palhares is clearly slow to release the hold. In looking at all the times he's done this, it appears that Palhares is literally not cognitively capable of recognizing either taps or referee interventions within a safe or reasonable period of time.

I know MMA is about combat and intimidation and so on, but it's also supposed to be a professional sport. Palhares has repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly ruined people's knees after they had given up. That's not okay. We're talking about real knees here. It's not a hyperextended elbow or a broken humerus that just takes time to heal. These injuries routinely end careers. If Palhares can't be made to understand this concept then he has no business in a professional sports organization.
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates

Posted On:
    10/11/2013 2:33pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love Palhares. You have to appreciate fighters WHO can whip those leglocks out in a split-second in high level competition and Palhares is probably the best leglock guy in the UFC.

It breaks my Heart that he's such an idiot. Now he'll either retire or go back to the minor Leagues if any will have him. We'll be robbed of seeing those badass finishes in high level fights ever Again.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast