• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/04/2013 4:32pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Start seeing road rage

I'm sure most of you have heard about this story, but since no one posted it yet here it goes.

A gang of bikers terrorized a dad driving with his wife and baby daughter on the West Side Highway — chasing after their SUV and then dragging the man out and beating him to a pulp in front of his horrified family, authorities said.
    One of the thugs even posted a video of the sickening beatdown on YouTube (images at left) after filming the pursuit using a helmet-mounted camera Sunday.

The attack seemed to come out of nowhere, authorities said. Alexian Lien, 33, of Manhattan, was driving the family’s Range Rover north near West 125th Street in Harlem when the gang, known as Hollywood Stuntz, surrounded the SUV at around 1:30 p.m., according to officials.
    A biker pulled in front of the car and slowed down, forcing Lien to stop — at which point, as seen on the gang’s video, the bikers stop and a confrontation ensues.
    “They take their helmets and they start to dent his car, and apparently his tires are slashed with a knife,” Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said at a press conference Monday.
    The panicked dad gunned the engine, striking several bikers — one of whom was seriously injured — as he sped off, with the pack of thugs in hot pursuit, police sources said.
    “He feared for his life and the lives of his wife and daughter,” a police source said.
    The thugs chased him more than 50 blocks north, as seen on the 6-plus-minute video, which quickly went viral.
    Lien was eventually forced to exit at West 178th Street in Washington Heights because his tires were so badly damaged, police said.

Off the highway, “he is stopped again by a group of motorcyclists, he’s taken out of the car. He is assaulted,” Kelly said.
    One biker can be seen on the video ripping off his helmet and using it to bash in Lien’s driver’s-side window.
    The crew pummeled Lien on the pavement in front of his wife, Rosalyn Ng, and their 2-year-old daughter, police sources said.
    Lien, who also was slashed during the melee, was rushed to Columbia University Medical Center. He needed stitches to his face and chest and had two black eyes.
    Sources said the injured biker was being prepped for surgery Monday night, and doctors feared he might be left a paraplegic.
    Kelly said the gang of riders, known for their rallies and daredevil stunts, planned to congregate in Times Square that day. But he said the gathering was nixed by the NYPD because of past problems.

http://nypost.com/2013/09/30/bikers-...r-rams-riders/

Now maybe it's just me, but if a group of bikers were attacking my car I think I might refer to my GTA 5 training. Despite the bikers saying that he over-reacted I can't see this as anything more that a cut and dry case of asswipes crying after their "prank" went wrong.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    10/04/2013 4:49pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So are you just gonna gloss over the part where they chase him after he hits one and drives off?

And that "Hollywood Stuntz" is a motorcycle club, not a gang?

Posted On:
    10/04/2013 5:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    So are you just gonna gloss over the part where they chase him after he hits one and drives off?

If a group of "gang members" were approaching me with knives, yeah I would drive off too especially if I had a kid in the car. Oh and the part were the accident only occurred after they started fucking with the SUV owner.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    10/04/2013 5:52pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They were trying to run him off the road so they could do tricks on a public road. He tapped the one that brake-checked him. Then they attacked him, the situation escalated from there.

You are correct in saying they are not precisely a gang. They are however, thugs, and the rider that was run over has a string of convictions, has not held a license since 1999, and never held a license to operate a motorcycle.

The videos the bikers tried to delete.

Same club, pulling the same **** in 2011.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    10/04/2013 6:04pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    They were trying to run him off the road so they could do tricks on a public road. He tapped the one that brake-checked him. Then they attacked him, the situation escalated from there.
    That guy was a huge dumbass for brake checking the SUV. But it really does change the context entirely when you phrase it like this:
    Quote Originally Posted by bnet
    The attack seemed to come out of nowhere, authorities said. Alexian Lien, 33, of Manhattan, was driving the family’s Range Rover north near West 125th Street in Harlem when the gang, known as Hollywood Stuntz, surrounded the SUV at around 1:30 p.m., according to officials.
    A biker pulled in front of the car and slowed down, forcing Lien to stop — at which point, as seen on the gang’s video, the bikers stop and a confrontation ensues.
    Doesn't mention a single thing about the vehicle hitting anyone, just a bunch of bikers who chase a guy for no reason at all.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/04/2013 6:15pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

They said a "gang of bikers." The editors played the word game correctly.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/04/2013 7:06pm

Style: Wrestle, Kickbox, Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That guy was a huge dumbass for brake checking the SUV. But it really does change the context entirely when you phrase it like this:

Doesn't mention a single thing about the vehicle hitting anyone, just a bunch of bikers who chase a guy for no reason at all.
    Well, it does look like the motorcyclists instigated it, right? After the tire bump they're all attacking the SUV with the family inside, including slashing tires...I'm not really sure this description is misleading or mischaracterizing them...they were the aggressors throughout, so what else was the SUV driver supposed to do at each point as things played out?

He couldn't prevent the bump, they were attacking his vehicle with weapons, and he's trying to get away with his family...quite frankly they're lucky he didn't try to hit a lot more of them, which seems to be entirely on them...pretty much they went after them for no reason initially, then got pissed when things got ugly...

Posted On:
    10/05/2013 2:43am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *badoomp*

"What was that, honey?"

"The first biker."

*badoomp*

"What was that?"

"The second biker."

*badoomp*
    *badoomp*
    *badoomp*

"Let me guess, third, fourth and fifth biker."

"Nah, had to reverse over the first two to get the third."
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    10/05/2013 7:31am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He may not have known he had contacted a bike. The biker who was initially "contacted" may also have been full of ****, and actually just had a near miss, or stuck at the SUV himself to keep space.

What is very clear is that the group mobbed the SUV without provocation, and Lien misplayed his hand, based on having no clue what the group was up to. He could have immediately pulled over and locked his doors, but that would have been a fatal mistake if this were initially an attack, rather than morons fucking around, and he had no way to be certain of their intentions until they started trying to haul him out of his window.

If you don't try to run SUVs off the road on motorcycles, your risk of getting run over by SUVs goes way, way down.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/05/2013 5:53pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/02/us/new...deo/index.html

Interesting.

Police say Lien sped off after allegedly accidentally hitting one biker, Christopher Cruz, who had moved in front of his SUV and then slowed.

Cruz, 28, was in court Wednesday facing misdemeanor charges, including reckless driving. Cruz's attorney told reporters that his client is not guilty.

Cruz was to be released after posting $1,500 cash bail and a $15,000 insurance bond. In addition, his license was suspended and he was ordered to surrender his passport.

"His motorcycle was struck and he stood right there. He never assaulted this man, he never tried to assault him in any way, and he does not know any of the other motorcyclists who were involved in this beating," attorney H. Benjamin Perez told reporters.
    Jerome Davis witnessed a part of the confrontation between the motorcyclists and the driver, who he described as a "maniac."

"If something happens, you stop right there. It's an accident. You think and stop. You don't keep reacting on," he told CNN's Erin Burnett.

Investigators say Lien told them he feared for his life when bikers surrounded his vehicle, pounding on it and slashing his tires.

He stepped on the gas and hit three more bikers, injuring one of them -- Edwin Mieses -- critically.

"All of his ribs are fractured," Mieses' mother, Yolanda Santiago, told WBZ, "his lungs are so badly bruised that he's still on a ventilator."
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast