Page 72 of 75 FirstFirst ... 22626869707172 737475 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    10/24/2013 4:37pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You do realize that many times child laborers are forced into that work by their own families right??
    You do realize that a child forced to work by their family will be forced to work by their family whether or not Nike has a factory there, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Use paper. Yes I know they can be used for work. But the fact remains they are a luxury not a necessity.
    The condition was "useless ****", not "necessity". Hell, there was a time when paper was a luxury (and may become one again as everything becomes more digital).

Posted On:
    10/24/2013 4:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you seriously trying to argue in favor of child labor camps??
    Western companies don't use "labor camps" nice try in trying to set the narrative. Yes western companies do employee children. Guess what in the countries where children work for western companies, children work. Plain and simple. I am not pro or con child labor. Its a simple fact. So they can be producing local goods or they can make me my shoes. Guess what working conditions and pay is almost always significantly better than local companies. Try actually reading about it.

And since we are on the subject of Apple didn't they recently have an issue with the factories in China??
    No actually we didn't recently have an issue. It turns out the guy who wrote the article that kick all that **** off was lying. Do try and keep up.

QUOTE=Bneterasedmynam;2802586] You do realize that many times child laborers are forced into that work by their own families right??[/QUOTE]
    or starve to death. You have to really examine an issue. If your a parent and you have to make your child work guess what **** is pretty fucking bad where you live. It means the local economy has failed you badly.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/24/2013 4:57pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It hasn't happened yet, but I think eventually it will reach a tipping point. Creditors are currently more than happy to hand someone a shovel to dig a hole they hope to keep that person in for life. But they want people in debt AND paying, with a lack of employment people end up defaulting and that's a no win for the creditors. Add enough unemployment and you will reach a point where the cash flow becomes stagnant. Of course I guess the businesses can still just wait for ole Uncle Sam to bail them out. Too bad he won't bail out the public from their massive debt, which would probably cost about the same.
    1970 called, it wants your comment back.

Posted On:
    10/24/2013 5:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Western companies don't use "labor camps" nice try in trying to set the narrative. Yes western companies do employee children. Guess what in the countries where children work for western companies, children work. Plain and simple. I am not pro or con child labor. Its a simple fact. So they can be producing local goods or they can make me my shoes. Guess what working conditions and pay is almost always significantly better than local companies. Try actually reading about it.

No actually we didn't recently have an issue. It turns out the guy who wrote the article that kick all that **** off was lying. Do try and keep up.

QUOTE=Bneterasedmynam;2802586] You do realize that many times child laborers are forced into that work by their own families right??
    or starve to death. You have to really examine an issue. If your a parent and you have to make your child work guess what **** is pretty fucking bad where you live. It means the local economy has failed you badly.[/QUOTE]

So then you agree they are exploiting a bad situation for their own profit, yup still evil.

Wait what do you mean "we", do you work for Apple??

Posted On:
    10/24/2013 5:04pm

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If am I doing any sort of design work that involves RF **** doing it on paper. **** doing it with a calculator even. The filter design polynomal equations with orders up to and around 50 that we are dealing with I want nothing short of Matlab when doing filter design. That **** is some complex calculus that is simply impractical to do by hand. What I can do in an hour on Matlab would take me a week to work out by hand, and if you if you make one simple freaking math mistake which is easy to do when staring at the same problem for hours on end. Something isn't going to work right. Depending on the mistake it can cause the whole thing to not work right or it can be a minor performance curve issue.

Posted On:
    10/24/2013 5:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    If am I doing any sort of design work that involves RF **** doing it on paper. **** doing it with a calculator even. The filter design polynomal equations with orders up to and around 50 that we are dealing with I want nothing short of Matlab when doing filter design. That **** is some complex calculus that is simply impractical to do by hand. What I can do in an hour on Matlab would take me a week to work out by hand, and if you if you make one simple freaking math mistake which is easy to do when staring at the same problem for hours on end. Something isn't going to work right. Depending on the mistake it can cause the whole thing to not work right or it can be a minor performance curve issue.
    Ok the use paper part was a joke, you guys take this stuff too literally. I have no problem with people using iPhones or whatever hell I use one. My point was somewhat taken out of context, but rather than clarify I followed you guys down the rabbit hole.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/24/2013 5:12pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your entire argument is invalid and stupid. NO ONE has to buy useless **** or accept useless credit. If you are a sheep like that it is all on you.

Posted On:
    10/24/2013 5:14pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

So then you agree they are exploiting a bad situation for their own profit, yup still evil.

Wait what do you mean "we", do you work for Apple??
    No I don't work for Apple. For **** sake who I work for has been well covered in this thread multiple times.

Explain to me how its exploitative. The kid and his family is going to starve to death if the kid doesn't work. So giving the kid the option to work in a better environment and they do western run factories are often times significantly better than the local alternatives. So explain to me how its taking advantage of the child again as that child is going to work if Nike is there or not. Hell maybe the child won't work maybe their won't be enough work and the child and his family will suffer worse consequences than the child working.

Yeah giving the child an operunity to work in a safer cleaner and more profitable environment vs starving on the street yeah sounds like evil to me.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/24/2013 5:16pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok the use paper part was a joke, you guys take this stuff too literally. I have no problem with people using iPhones or whatever hell I use one. My point was somewhat taken out of context, but rather than clarify I followed you guys down the rabbit hole.
    No. You constantly talk out of your ass. When people get the toilet paper, to clean up your dumb ****, you blame them for the mess.

Do you EVER get tired of the "it was a joke" when your bullshit goes sideways? This is rhetorical because the answer is "no."

Posted On:
    10/24/2013 5:18pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No you have no argument just knee jerk stupidity. You where asked for an example and you failed to provide a good one. Instead you provided a stupid ass one and it got torn to shreds like all the stupid ass ones you will be able to come up with.

People are free to buy what they like. Life is about more than the basic needs. This thing called happiness is important and its not up to you to decide what makes certain people happy or not. Its up to them and guess what that is how the free market works if they think something will make their life happier or easier they can buy it. They have that freedome. You are in position to make a value judment based call on other peoples spending habbits.