221928 Bullies, 4191 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 7 of 75 FirstFirst ... 34567 8910111757 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    10/01/2013 8:03pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would actually favor using an existing system of redistributing my wealth over a new system of redistributing my wealth. I want the government to be as efficient as possible when they're giving worthless bums my money that I earned by working hard while they were being pieces of **** for a living.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/01/2013 8:04pm

Style: Wrestle, Kickbox, Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    We'll have to wait to see how it all shakes out before we can determine who is hurt, how they're hurt and if efforts to stop it were justified.

It's easy to be for healthcare reform in theory. There will likely be some new opinions when voters start to feel the monetary impact first hand.
    Agreed. A lot of fingers have been in this pie, with a lot of powerful interests that do not have "success" in mind, or at least have different definitions. It'll be awhile before all the fine print and loopholes see the light of day...

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/01/2013 8:08pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keslet View Post
    I was referring to legislators who have to vote on new legislation...the voting public is too reactionary to the word "welfare" to take the time to understand the context, and politicians know it..
    Yes this describes many of the politicians as well. Like the many that have hinted or outright said this is a new form of welfare. Oh well, we are going to disagree on the parsing, so I'll drop it.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    10/01/2013 8:10pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    so I'll drop it.
    You're getting nice in your old age, you big sweety.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/01/2013 8:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Yes this describes many of the politicians as well. Like the many that have hinted or outright said this is a new form of welfare. Oh well, we are going to disagree on the parsing, so I'll drop it.
    Fair enough...I think I agree with what your saying in general, so I'll leave it at that.

Posted On:
    10/01/2013 8:14pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Worse yet it looks like aca doesn't cover those below the poverty line they are expected to use the old system. Something the states are not required to provide.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/01/2013 8:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would actually favor using an existing system of redistributing my wealth over a new system of redistributing my wealth. I want the government to be as efficient as possible when they're giving worthless bums my money that I earned by working hard while they were being pieces of **** for a living.
    That would make a catchy slogan that would...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/01/2013 8:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Worse yet it looks like aca doesn't cover those below the poverty line they are expected to use the old system. Something the states are not required to provide.
    This kind of stuff is going to get complicated, what with crisscrossing lines of authority and responsibility. I know that many of the states (particularly those with new ideological republicans in office, like Ohio), are resisting some of the state level pieces they can control, even with hefty incentives in place (actually Kasich here in Ohio might have been a bit more pragmatic in some cases then some of the others, come to think of it)...

Posted On:
    10/01/2013 8:21pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By the way, all you middle class working stiffs - how'd you enjoy those health insurance hikes in January? My **** went up like $3k a year. Did it make you feel like a responsible citizen?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/01/2013 8:25pm

Style: aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You don't really think there's a moral line that Democrats refuse to cross when it comes to bashing a Republican, do you? Hell no, there isn't. So Obama shouldn't be viewed as somebody who has been a victim of excessive political bashing. It's all excessive but it's the nature of the beast.

I know people have different political beliefs and we can't all agree. But my personal pet peeve is when people are so blinded by their opinions that they can't see the flaws in their own position and can't take an objective look at the people who echo their beliefs. Like the fucktards who argue that CNN or Fox News are more ojective than the other. It's bullshit.
    I think it's fair to say the lashing out against Obama is unique, not because it crosses moral lines but because it was preemptive.

Sure, the hate for Bush was just as vociferous and employed just as many low blows as does the hate for Obama, but the Bush hate was a response to things Bush actually did. No one was calling Bush a Nazi or putting fake letters about him on the news until after he pissed a large portion of the country off with expensive, badly planned, poorly justified wars.

If people had started calling Obama a Muslim or a foreigner after he pissed off a large portion of the country with Obamacare, I would have thought nothing of it, just as I thought nothing of the Nazi allegations and the fake letter about Bush. But this stuff started swirling around Obama as soon as he was nominated in a way that has simply not happened to any other nominee in my memory.

I look at all the other nominees that have come along since I reached voting age in 2000: Bush and Cheney, Gore and Lieberman, Kerry and Edwards, McCain and Palin. These kinds of off-the-wall accusations were not leveled at anyone on that list, at least not widely enough to make national headlines. So what makes Obama different? Why was his nomination so offensive to the other side that they unleashed the hell they usually save for the guys who are already elected and have already rocked the boat?

The only answer I've come up with so far is that Obama's dark skin and non-European name were all the boat rocking some conservatives needed.
Page 7 of 75 FirstFirst ... 34567 8910111757 ... LastLast