221993 Bullies, 4246 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 75 FirstFirst 1234 56781454 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    10/01/2013 3:51pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    I didn't say it was horrible. I said that is why for the past I don't know 7 years or so I havn't had insurance. There math works as good for me as well. Meaning I can pay doctors and pharmacist out of my own pocket (Usally getting a cash discount to boot) with out having to give the insurance company their cut. This system has worked out rather well for me. I laugh at the people who say omg you need insurance.

That is the point insurance is a scam for the consumer most of the damn time. Take the money you would spend on it put it aside or don't **** it.

However now that you the tax payer are going to pay part of my premium it changes things. Insurance is still a scam but the amount coming out of my pocket is shifted to a more favorable position for me.
    You have made zero attempt to explain how insurance is a scam.

Also, if you laugh at people who say you need insurance you're a fucking idiot. Period. Medical bills can and will crush you. I had a buddy who didn't have health insurance for a while. Bam, had some health problems all of a sudden and now he has more medical bills than his fucking house is worth.

If you make so much money that you can eat a a hundred grand or so in medical bills then the cost of insurance is chump change anyway. I have a nagging suspicion you might be a dumbass.

Posted On:
    10/01/2013 4:03pm

hall of famestaff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To my overseas readers

There is a saying, "Democrats fear, Republicans hate". Since World War II, we have had 12 presidents. Many have been loathed (Richard Nixon). But I can think of no other president who has been elected, for whom the opposition party has immediately declared him illegitimate for reasons having more to do with fantasy rather than his conduct. (Obama is a Muslim, born in Kenya, who really is a citizen of Indonesia blah, blah, blah)

This is as verses criticism that the guy is an inept leader who kisses wall street ass, when he was supposedly elected on a hopey changy platform. All kinds of such criticisms are less corrosive to our body politic and part of our normal political debate.

The Republicans are pissed that Obama got a national health care plan through Congress and the Senate, and then the Supreme Court, and then rather then wait until they control the presidency, and/or the Senate, they've decided to politically destroy Obama, and this legislation by any means necessary.

So rather then have Budget Negotiations over achievable budget cutting goals, they want Obama to shut down Obama care for a year, enact much of Mitt Romney's platform, (approve the Keystone pipeline, etc) or:

1) We stop at least half of all government spending.
    2) We force the USA to default on its increasing credit obligations even though this is the equivelant of filing for bankupsy on money already spent.

Because Obama was weak in 2011 and caved, the Republicans are convinced they can do 1 and perhaps 2, and Obama will stop Obama care, and give into a whole series of other demands.

It's hostage taking, and while the Democrats are fucked up as well, they have not in our livetime threatened to renounce our debts, and crash our budget to force a legislative change they cannot get because they were a minority at that time. (Republicans only control the House, and not the Senate or Presidency)

My prediction is that this will not resolve itself for at least 45 days, and you will see all kinds of Republican political crazy in the mean time.

The sad thing is that the republicans could have forced useful reforms on Obama care but that would have meant trying to improve it, as verses repealing it, and they didn't want ceed that argument.

I really weep for my country.

Posted On:
    10/01/2013 4:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    You have made zero attempt to explain how insurance is a scam.
    Scam is probably not the best word choice for me.
    How about an economically disadvantaged service for most.

If you make so much money that you can eat a a hundred grand or so in medical bills then the cost of insurance is chump change anyway..
    What is the difference if I eat that 100 grand now vs having paid it out over the last 7 years? Lets say I get hit with a 100k medical bill now. The payments on it would still be right about what I would have been paying all along for insurance.

Insurance is about risk analysis. The risk to cost ratio has always put the cost of insurance at greater than the risk. This is of course exactly how insurance works. For them to make a profit the cost has to be greater than the risk. This goes for all types of insurance. I only carry car insurance because its mandated by both the state and in the case of the one car I do have a note on the lender.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    10/01/2013 4:09pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The most delusional of all political zealots are the ones who think their side is more honorable than the opposing side.

What is the difference if I eat that 100 grand now vs having paid it out over the last 7 years? Lets say I get hit with a 100k medical bill now. The payments on it would still be right about what I would have been paying all along for insurance.

Insurance is about risk analysis. The risk to cost ratio has always put the cost of insurance at greater than the risk. This is of course exactly how insurance works. For them to make a profit the cost has to be greater than the risk. This goes for all types of insurance. I only carry car insurance because its mandated by both the state and in the case of the one car I do have a note on the lender.
    So, not a scam then. Got it.

Posted On:
    10/01/2013 4:12pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, not a scam then. Got it.
    Yep, sorry for using the term in the colloquial sense instead of the literal.

Posted On:
    10/01/2013 4:13pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is almost always a worse choice or worse behavior and the Republicans are on this side re the budget shutdown, and debt ceiling issue.

Posted On:
    10/01/2013 4:16pm

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Browning View Post
    There is almost always a worse choice or worse behavior and the Republicans are on this side re the budget shutdown, and debt ceiling issue.
    More to point just a large enough number of them are.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    10/01/2013 4:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!

so if you were suddenly hit with some kind of illness (lets say cancer) you would be fine? you would be able to foot the bill yourself?

i know personally that were i to get cancer and had to pay for the treatment out of my own pocket id be fucked. luckily i dont live in a country where people are turfed out of hospitals if they dont have insurance. what do you do for a living where taking a massive chunk out of your pay isnt a big deal? do you have those funds saved up?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/01/2013 4:45pm

Style: aikido

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    More to point just a large enough number of them are.
    And I don't even think the number is all that large. The number is just large enough to make Boehner fear for his job. As I said before, if the Senate's continuing resolution was allowed to go up for a vote in the House, it would pass with a significant number of Republican votes. A minority has the Speaker of the House by the balls and is using that advantage to try and force its will on the majority.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/01/2013 4:46pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    See, that's the scam. You've been taught the scare tactics of insurance companies. It is like car insurance. We pay for the shitty drivers, not the responsible ones. I think health insurance is necessary, but he is right in his poorly worded fashion.

My company foots my bill very well, but if you look at the out of pocket cost to spending ratio, the insurance company makes about $10,000 off my policy. Basically, we pay for the fear of what MIGHT happen, not for the years we are healthy.

You went worse case scenario.
Page 4 of 75 FirstFirst 1234 56781454 ... LastLast