226197 Bullies, 3889 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 37 of 75 FirstFirst ... 273334353637 3839404147 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    10/06/2013 11:26am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    lol. Sure, Pal. A few things changed after that,
    A few things changed after what? Are you off the wagon? Do you even know what you're saying?

Posted On:
    10/06/2013 12:40pm

Style: Kendo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Honest question.
    How loved is it there in MA, you guys have had Obama Care you know since Romney introduced it? I know when it first went into effect I had friends grumbling about it but.
    When socialized medicine was established in Canada in the 60s it was one hell of a dog fight. Now that is entrenched, even with its flaws, it is political suicide to be even perceived as someone who might try to privatize it in any way. If ACA has a few years to get established I think a similar thing will happen in the US.

:)

Posted On:
    10/06/2013 1:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    A few things changed after what? Are you off the wagon? Do you even know what you're saying?
    If you have to use caveman "biggest man take thing" rhetoric to make a point about why a rich modern society shouldn't ensure it's population is healthy, you are in dire need of a textbook.

Aren't you in finance? The US spends twice as much per capita, to achieve less. Doesn't that strike you as odd?

All this self loathing and projection from the right is darkly humorous. It was a conservative idea to mandate private insurance to preserve free market healthcare. Going back to no coverage for millions is a nonstarter. If the right hates its own idea so much, and wants to argue for single payer, as many progressives would have had the president stick to, that's fine.

A bipartisan modification of the overall law is entirely plausible. The Obama administration isn't going to kill the signature achievement of this presidency.

Shortly, it will be rapid political suicide to suggest uncovering millions of families. The best the GOP can get out of this, is another 180% pivot on healthcare, and try to take back credit for the idea.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    10/06/2013 1:55pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you have to use caveman "biggest man take thing" rhetoric to make a point about why a rich modern society shouldn't ensure it's population is healthy, you are in dire need of a textbook.

Aren't you in finance? The US spends twice as much per capita, to achieve less. Doesn't that strike you as odd?

All this self loathing and projection from the right is darkly humorous. It was a conservative idea to mandate private insurance to preserve free market healthcare. Going back to no coverage for millions is a nonstarter. If the right hates its own idea so much, and wants to argue for single payer, as many progressives would have had the president stick to, that's fine.

A bipartisan modification of the overall law is entirely plausible. The Obama administration isn't going to kill the signature achievement of this presidency.

Shortly, it will be rapid political suicide to suggest uncovering millions of families. The best the GOP can get out of this, is another 180% pivot on healthcare, and try to take back credit for the idea.
    A few things changed after what? Tell me what event you were referring to in your incoherent post when you have a lucid moment.

I'm disappointed in you, Bob. You're never going to get your 30 day chip at this rate.

Posted On:
    10/06/2013 2:38pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To you, "the people" are the losers you associate with that will get their governmental bailout and avoid the natural selection which would otherwise leave them sucking cocks in back alleys to fund their bologna dinners. To me, "the people" are the winners I associate with who will be funding said bailout.
    Wait...the losers are the ones getting something for nothing--and the winners are the ones forking it over?

There's no way I could have read that right.

Posted On:
    10/06/2013 2:47pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    Wait...the losers are the ones getting something for nothing--and the winners are the ones forking it over?

There's no way I could have read that right.
    That's exactly right. No amount of forced charity will elevate the status of the losers. If a bum steals my wallet, it doesn't make me a loser.

Posted On:
    10/06/2013 3:02pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If a bum steals my wallet, it doesn't make me a loser.
    The bum got your wallet. You lost your wallet.

Wait...is this winning-versus-losing thing about some philosophical abstraction ("personal integrity" or some such) rather than concrete, measurable gains and losses (such as a wallet and its contents)?

Well okay, then. Let's philosophize: if a bum, in any way, gets the better of you (such as stealing your wallet), then does that make you the victim of a bum?

"Victim of a bum" doesn't sound a lot like "winner".

Reads more like "less than a bum".

Posted On:
    10/06/2013 3:05pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A few things changed after what? Tell me what event you were referring to in your incoherent post when you have a lucid moment.
    People banding together to be collectively "stronger" and safer than the sum of their parts. Scared families in caves with the one man ogre smash as their total protection against the world is seriously old school.

Posted On:
    10/06/2013 3:11pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Wait...is this winning-versus-losing thing about some philosophical abstraction ("personal integrity" or some such) rather than concrete, measurable gains and losses (such as a wallet and its contents)?

Well okay, then. Let's philosophize: if a bum, in any way, gets the better of you (such as stealing your wallet), then does that make you the victim of a bum?

Being a winner or a loser is not determined by a solitary event. Really, is this a difficult concept?

People banding together to be collectively "stronger" and safer than the sum of their parts. Scared families in caves with the one man ogre smash as their total protection against the world is seriously old school.
    Oh, so that was the part of your post that you expected me to understand via some medium other than the written word?

Posted On:
    10/06/2013 3:16pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!

He's a winner by having more stuff, because it's a valid measure of human worth apparently, except when people join together to get more stuff for the poor. Then it's a travesty.

Only rich people should try to get more out of the society they live in. When they do it's righteous social Darwinism. It's only bad when people who don't have much gain on them, even only to the point of insuring the sick and needy.

It's cognitive dissonance at its finest.