Posted On:
    10/05/2013 10:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Honest question.
    How loved is it there in MA, you guys have had Obama Care you know since Romney introduced it? I know when it first went into effect I had friends grumbling about it but.
    I'll put it this way. The GOP wouldn't be freaking out nationally if it was unpopular here, or if any ma politician would even dare to suggest removing coverage of families here.

Who would do that? Once people are covered, who's likely to say no, we take that back? Once all these millions of families are covered, what entity would be fool enough to suggest uncovering them? How much ridicule could be flung at a human?

HMO's want to spend 30 something percent on admin/profit, but now they'll adjust to 15-20% and rebate the extra back to the consumers.

This isn't a government power grab over the people, this is a power grab over the HMO's. Damn right too.

Apples to apples comparisons, capped admin costs, limiting yearly/lifetime caps and plan cancellations, and letting the already sick get coverage. That's why the GOP freakout. Bigtime backers just got hit with the money rod.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    10/05/2013 11:40pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post

This isn't a government power grab over the people, this is a power grab over the HMO's. Damn right too.
    To you, "the people" are the losers you associate with that will get their governmental bailout and avoid the natural selection which would otherwise leave them sucking cocks in back alleys to fund their bologna dinners. To me, "the people" are the winners I associate with who will be funding said bailout.

Posted On:
    10/05/2013 11:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Someone should make a poll on how long this shutdown will last. My guess is mid November.
    My best guess is right after the budget limit gets settled. The gop will claim some victory about the new debt limit and it will allow them gracefully to pass a budget and restart the full federal goverment.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    10/05/2013 11:44pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Someone should make a poll on how long this shutdown will last.
    Longer than Boby's sobriety, for sure.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2013 12:22am

Style: aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What's going to be most interesting to me is the aftermath of this. Obviously, this strategy isn't going to get rid of Obamacare (which I why I said before that the merits of Obamacare weren't really relevant -- there's no point in debating whether or not Obamacare should be done away with in the course of discussing a strategy that has no chance of doing away with Obamacare); so when all is said and done, how does this play out with the Tea Party's true believers? Are they proud that their champions flexed what little muscle they had to make a symbolic but ultimately futile gesture? Or do they feel discouraged, or even betrayed, when the Tea Party has to back down on Obamacare?

Posted On:
    10/06/2013 12:54am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlMatt View Post
    What's going to be most interesting to me is the aftermath of this. Obviously, this strategy isn't going to get rid of Obamacare (which I why I said before that the merits of Obamacare weren't really relevant -- there's no point in debating whether or not Obamacare should be done away with in the course of discussing a strategy that has no chance of doing away with Obamacare); so when all is said and done, how does this play out with the Tea Party's true believers? Are they proud that their champions flexed what little muscle they had to make a symbolic but ultimately futile gesture? Or do they feel discouraged, or even betrayed, when the Tea Party has to back down on Obamacare?
    The Tea Party will continue to worship at the alter of their chosen ones, just like you will.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2013 1:04am

Style: aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    The Tea Party will continue to worship at the alter of their chosen ones, just like you will.
    And who are my "chosen ones"?

EDIT: bonus points if you can come up with anything more specific than "liberal pussies".
    Last edited by OwlMatt; 10/06/2013 1:17am at .

:)

Posted On:
    10/06/2013 1:05am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To me, "the people" are the winners I associate with who will be funding said bailout.
    Not winning elections :)

It's natural selection. Naturally the wealthiest would be selected to pay more lol

Posted On:
    10/06/2013 1:51am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    Not winning elections :)

It's natural selection. Naturally the wealthiest would be selected to pay more lol
    Here's the difference between the strong and the weak.

The weak cry about what they don't have. They scream for equality but they will never have it, because weak men are not the equals of stronger men. If they were they wouldn't have to ask for equality in the first place. They could take it. But they can't, because they're inherently inferior.

The cream always rises to the top. This is why you can throw up all the hurdles you like. You can take from the strong and give to the weak. You can write any legislation you like. The strong will always come out on top and the weak will always come out on the bottom. That's life. Get used to it.

:)

Posted On:
    10/06/2013 10:45am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's the difference between the strong and the weak.

The weak cry about what they don't have. They scream for equality but they will never have it, because weak men are not the equals of stronger men. If they were they wouldn't have to ask for equality in the first place. They could take it. But they can't, because they're inherently inferior.
    lol. Sure, Pal. A few things changed after that, but you're doing fine, Champ. Now move forward to 30,000 bc. What happened then?
    The cream always rises to the top. This is why you can throw up all the hurdles you like. You can take from the strong and give to the weak. You can write any legislation you like. The strong will always come out on top and the weak will always come out on the bottom. That's life. Get used to it.
    lol cream, hurdles. You're a funny chick.