Page 33 of 75 FirstFirst ... 232930313233 3435363743 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/04/2013 12:38pm

Style: grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And when has the fiscal policy changed dramatically, or the fundamental role of government changed?

Posted On:
    10/04/2013 12:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    So his biracial status doesn't matter at all because his African traits are more visually dominate?
    They don't.

How exactly does that even work?
    Welcome to the land of the one-drop theory. On my first visit to the US (NY, NY, 1970), I saw a woman with the scarcest trace of African ancestry (could easily have been Mediterranean or a number of other things) self-defining as "Black" in an interview. Coming from a country without a one-drop rule, eight-year-old me was a little perplexed.

Once used by purity-obsessed whites, the one-drop rule is a way that older Black groups try to keep their numbers up, which is why they have little good to say about newer groups of people who self-identify as bi-racial or multiracial. Politics will crush commonsense any day of the week.

:)

Posted On:
    10/04/2013 12:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    There are people within and without the Republican Party who believe some of the BS you mention. Unless you are engaging in some sort of subtle irony (?), you might want to not base your...argument on such fallacy laden statements.
    Music can be an ugly business, but I wouldn't phuck politics with prostitution's dick.

Take for instance the age of our planet. If someone says 6,000 years old I'm not going to pretend it's not ridiculous. That level of cognitive dissonance needs to be addressed. There are human settlements older than that.

Freedom of religion doesn't have to be freedom from adult thinking. There's so much at stake in this changing world. That backwards **** is already embarrassing, and has got to go.

Bush's 5th grade "I'm the decider" civics lesson to the press was an embarrassment to the entire nation. The press babying him gave the creeps manipulating him the window to pillage and make war. Stop coddling grown men and women please, press. Lives are at stake. Stop preening long enough to be the press.

Anyone who's never seen it, check out the U.K's Prime Minister's question time. That's how one holds feet to the fire.

Posted On:
    10/04/2013 12:51pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by legomepanda View Post
    And when has the fiscal policy changed dramatically, or the fundamental role of government changed?
    Seriously? I take it you have never taken a US history class.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/04/2013 1:17pm

Style: grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would say the last major fiscal policy shift in the US was in 1971.

Posted On:
    10/04/2013 1:34pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by legomepanda View Post
    I would say the last major fiscal policy shift in the US was in 1971.
    Are you fucking with me? Cause there is no way u can gloss over trickle down economics of the 80s the balanced budget of the 90s and the small short lived surplus we had. The policy changes every adminstration and every congress.

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    10/04/2013 1:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    Music can be an ugly business, but I wouldn't phuck politics with prostitution's dick.

Take for instance the age of our planet. If someone says 6,000 years old I'm not going to pretend it's not ridiculous. That level of cognitive dissonance needs to be addressed. There are human settlements older than that.

Freedom of religion doesn't have to be freedom from adult thinking. There's so much at stake in this changing world. That backwards **** is already embarrassing, and has got to go.

Bush's 5th grade "I'm the decider" civics lesson to the press was an embarrassment to the entire nation. The press babying him gave the creeps manipulating him the window to pillage and make war. Stop coddling grown men and women please, press. Lives are at stake. Stop preening long enough to be the press.

Anyone who's never seen it, check out the U.K's Prime Minister's question time. That's how one holds feet to the fire.
    Bobby, I know you are a sincere guy. But you need to stop getting hung up on people's beliefs about how old the earth is, and for dog's sake, just let President GW Bush go...

There are idiots on both sides, and tontarias that of course need to be addressed, but they tend to take away from the real issues.

There is a lack of adult thinking rampant all over the world. It's an age old issue. I try, but am not always successful. That doesn't mean I don't expect elected officials to act like adults...wait, though, adults act like idiots all the time.

BTW, my two degrees are in geology...the earth is a lot older than 6,000 years. The Bishop of Usher doesn't hold much water with mainstream Christianity/theologians.

I don't want kooks running the government either, of whatever variety, on whichever end of the political spectrum.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    10/04/2013 2:35pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    EDIT: I did troll you that one time, and got you to go off. My bag.
    Sheeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttt. You must've been drunker than usual when you thought that.

Posted On:
    10/04/2013 2:40pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    I don't want kooks running the government either, of whatever variety, on whichever end of the political spectrum.
    But if we are stuck with kooks I want them to be MY kooks. No actually I think if I had to chose which kooks to be stuck with I would have to go 3rd party kooks maybe libertarians as the harm they do can mostly be undone

Posted On:
    10/04/2013 2:51pm

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

Hell yeah! Hell no!

thread tl,dr?

I know... I know... low content post...